Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 8:29 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 4th May 2020 at 11:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Can you help me find the source of this bug?
Hello,

For a long while now I have this bug where no matter what hour I try to throw a party (even at 10 am) I get the message "it's late for kids to attend this party" when I try to invite kids. I tried removing some mods which I thought could be responsible (like the Longer Slumber Parties mod) but it didn't change a thing. I have tons of small mods acquired during years of playing so I'm trying to find the bad mod among them without the "trial and error" way where I would need to take out dozens and dozens of mods one by one. I'm not a modder, but I've noticed modders talking about their mods modifying certain XMLs in the game. Like the faster gardening mod modifying the tuning file for watering and tending to plants. So I figured I could try to pinpoint the problem mod by finding the tuning responsible for letting kids be invited to parties. Am I making sense? I don't have any other mods that modify parties in any way so I would be open to any insight on points I might be missing... Thank you so much as usual.

BTW: I tried the factory reset as well, and it didn't effect this bug.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 9:26 PM
Is it because they are in school during that time? Try to schedule around 5 or 6 and see if it happens.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Is it because they are in school during that time? Try to schedule around 5 or 6 and see if it happens.

I tried all available hours... Nothing worked sadly... And it was a Sunday too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
check your mods

I have lots of small mods... What kind of mod could be causing this?
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:55 PM
Dumb question, but are you sure you're picking 10 *AM* and not 10 *PM* by accident?

I've never heard or seen this either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 8:12 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 4th May 2020 at 10:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KevinL75
Dumb question, but are you sure you're picking 10 *AM* and not 10 *PM* by accident?

I've never heard or seen this either.

Yes haha, I tried a bunch of different times, all during the day. None of seemed to work. I will get rid of my "longer slumber parties" mod and see if it fixes things.

Edit: Didn't work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2020 at 11:06 PM
I have edited my main post with updates (actually lack thereof) and changed to title.. Hope its ok.