Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 10:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Garden of Shadows and the Wayback Machine
I am looking for a muscle tee that was featured on the Garden of Shadows website. I have already asked in the WCIF section... My question for here is, how do people search for things on that website using the Wayback Machine? I saw the post and the dead link for the shirt, and as soon as I posted a message on the original thread (from 2011), they moved the topic thread to an archive thread, thereby breaking any links the Wayback Machine could find for the link or the topic thread. Any ideas how I can successfully search for it? I also can't seem to find a way to contact anyone at Garden of Shadows for assistance. TIA!

goderguy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 1:49 PM
I’m not familiar with GoS, but if they have a search function, you may be able to find the thread using any key words or phrases you remember from the title (the thread title may be within the url). Or you could search threads from 2011 in the archives and find it that way.

If you can go back in your internet history, you may be able to find the thread link (the one that is now archived). Copy it and paste that into the Wayback Machine to see if you can find a saved older version containing the thread title name. Then copy the thread title into Google, add GoS on the end, and hopefully it’ll come up. The dead download link in the post shouldn’t be affected by the thread’s relocation to the archives. Copy and paste the dead download link into the Wayback Machine to see if you can find an older working version.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:46 PM
Shastakiss is a/the admin at GoS, so she may be able to help you at least by temporarily un-archiving the thread in question. She has an account here at MTS, but I'm not sure how often she checks in. You might try PMing her at GoS itself, but I think you need to be registered there to do so. If you aren't and don't want to register there, you can contact her at her Tumblr here: https://shastakiss.tumblr.com She answers anonymous asks, so you don't have to have a Tumblr account to message her there. Just click the "Ask Me Anything" button on her Tumblr blog.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 9:17 PM
Shastakiss is the one that archived the thread. I did speak with her briefly through GoS (I do have an account there), and she suggested I post in their WCIF section. I did that, with photo attached, then some other moderator removed the photo saying it was against their posting policies. I also messaged the original creator (Julie J) at her website; I’m awaiting a response there. I have never tried so hard to locate one file of CC before! Thanks for all the suggestions; if I get no reply from Julie J, I’m going to give up the search.

goderguy
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 11:38 PM
Julie J comes and goes, and I think she's in a "goes" phase right now. Most recently, she's been doing TS2 stuff, I think, and she had a TS2-dedicated Tumblr, but I think I read that it's been deactivated. Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Julie J comes and goes, and I think she's in a "goes" phase right now. Most recently, she's been doing TS2 stuff, I think, and she had a TS2-dedicated Tumblr, but I think I read that it's been deactivated. Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't.

She replied to my message. She said she can’t find the file, but would create a new one if she couldn’t find it after looking some more. I thanked her for the reply, but declined. I don’t want anyone wasting their time creating something they’ve already created before, and something that there appears to be very little want/need/desire for. I’m just surprised NOone has the file. Thanks again for your assistance, I’m just going to move on.

goderguy
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 1:59 PM
She has re-done it at Wordpress here

From what I've read she's fixed her old games but won't return to S2 and S3 on a regular basis, she's sticking with S4.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArielSimmer
She has re-done it at Wordpress here

From what I've read she's fixed her old games but won't return to S2 and S3 on a regular basis, she's sticking with S4.

Wow, she sure did! Thanks for letting me and the others at MTS know!

goderguy