Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 4:23 AM Last edited by TonyTajiri : 20th Jun 2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: changing the spoiler to actually work as a spoiler

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Crashes from Low Memory in Nixilis's Barcelona World
I'm aware that since The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application, it can only use up to a little bit less than 4GB of RAM; however, I was wondering what I could do to remedy the issue since my specs are better than the minimum specs for the most part. My sim was just about to max out his charisma skill, and the game decided to crash. I'm guessing the RAM may have spiked trying to load the sound file for completing a skill? Would it be best to try to move to a smaller world? During that session, I think I also switched households to give a Sim a bass, so I think that may have contributed too, but I haven't really had problems with the game just crashing out of the blue like this, especially in this Barcelona world, at least on my weaker laptop somehow. Any tips on what I should do? My crash log is attached at the bottom.

(Also is it unwise to Alt-Tab out while the game is saving? The first session I did prior to this one ended with the save wheel spinning for near an hour until I kinda of realized that TS3 was hanging.)

My Specs (from DxDiag)