Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 9:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default COCKFIGHTING PIT AS SERVO BOT ARENA: Sims Go Downstairs, Upstairs, Get Bathing Suit, Wade Into Waterless Depression Where They Act Normal
Good afternoon.

Today, you are about to see a sentence you never thought you'd see. I am converting a standard Hoi Polli Event Center Lot into a cockfighting pit, which will then itself be portrayed as a converted Servo Bot Arena because cockfighting was banned.

(Not shown is the second floor where the Big Show Crowd stands, or the bookies' gambling registrar and bathrooms.)

Obviously, like any cockfighting pit, there is a depression where the roosters would wage a gladiator battle. Inside the cockfighting pit would be a Custom Rabbit Hole Rug for the Servo Bot Arena, although I am content with putting it elsewhere.

The problems of Sim routing are outlined in this link.

Now, the good news is that it works. The bad news is that it doesn't work when the Hoi Polli Event Center Shell surrounds it.

This is what the Lot looks like in Build/Buy Mode when the Hoi Polli Event Center Shell is on top of it. Sims are denied entry as if the building is one big wall. This in spite of the fact that it can be entered normally without the shell. The shell has holes to walk through. When I delete the Shell Doors, everything rarely goes as planned, though it helps. The Rabbit Hole is removed with the Transmorgifier Mod. When I save a Lot changed that way, the changes follow the saved file.

I cannot walk a Sim from the street into the building. However, if I slowly move the Sim closer and closer using multiple commands, I can sometimes get lucky. The Shell does not fade away, either.

Thank you for any asssistence you may render.
-TURTLESHROOM

P.S.: I am using minimal Mods because this is a test run of a CAW project. Only some furniture, NRAAS, and Mods that let you place things like Proprietors are installed. No other Mods are used. It breaks with or without the furniture.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!