Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default About the cc from blacky Sims zoo
I just registered there and downloaded the bush toilet and stone basin but the the zipped files are said to be 'damaged'.
Has anyone faced similar problems like this? Or am I supposed to use the latest WinRAR?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iClockHatchet
I just registered there and downloaded the bush toilet and stone basin but the the zipped files are said to be 'damaged'.
Has anyone faced similar problems like this? Or am I supposed to use the latest WinRAR?

Hello iClockHatchet

I'm using the bush toilet and stone basin from Sim zoo as well. Everytime you download the package, it says it's damaged? I unzip with WinRAR as well, the limited basic free version. Do you want to post a screenshot of the problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 2:41 PM
Default This
This took about half an hour since i suck
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 4:41 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 13th Dec 2019 at 4:52 PM.
I just downloaded it and it's a "zip" file. I just double clicked the folder and opened it. Inside is a sims3pack, a jpeg and txt info.

Get 7zip
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 5:03 PM
@iClockHatchet Hello, as KatyFernlily said both archives are using .zip. You could try to update Winrar, or use the program she linked to, 7zip. It's a very good free packing tool that opens almost every archive format.

The files work, I just tested them. Let me know if it works for you with a different program.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 5:21 PM
I downloaded 7zip and it still doesnt work
I have a doubt whether the zip is 21 kb or not...
Shouldn't it be bigger?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 5:39 PM
Perhaps your download didn't quite finish. I'd download it again and see if that helps. Sometimes the internet just poops out and you have to redo the downloads.
The download is 698 KB.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 5:45 PM
Oof now that makes sense. Thanks KatyFernlily ,Anitaka00, and Norn.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iClockHatchet

I actually have quite a lot of content from that site, and have never seen that issue, over many years. Maybe a problem with that specific download just getting corrupted? Or, possibly, a problem with the WinRar? I use the 64-bit one, version 5.31.0, with no issues, if that helps. Possible, too, that particular file was simply uploaded corrupted. That's not one I have, personally, though it sounds interesting. If you can post a link, willing to download it and see if it works for me. Overall, though, quite happy with their content. If you link, be patient, because could be days before I am able to grab it.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 2:31 AM
I second the 7zip tip.

This happens with a lot of archives these days, usually the fault of an old unzip program trying to open a slightly too new Zip/RAR file (it's to do with format versions or whatever. I think it has to do with which program was used to package the files, and which version of the unzipper you're using, but I don't know the details).

Have you tried to update the Zip/RAR program you're currently using (looks like you're using Winrar, which has been giving me these errors on a regular basis)? If not, give 7zip a go. It's free, open-source, and has so far been able to open all the archived files I've come across. I do know from my own experience that 7zip is perfectly capable of opening these seemingly "broken" files, and the files within are usually pefectly fine. You can try with other programs too, but be sure to either update the program you have, or to download a newer version than you currently have.