Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 1:11 AM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 4th Jan 2020 at 9:04 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAW Edit-In-Game Not Working, Yet Again - partly solved, thumbnail glitch now
Well, still having issues, and really hope someone can help with this. The issue is the same one; CAW EIG will simply not load. The launcher does NOT open, as some are seeing. The game seems to be trying to load - I get a blank screen with a little loading icon - but ends up giving a message that "The Sims 3 has stopped working...", and that's it. The game itself runs, the CAW runs, except for the EIG, and I am at a loss as to what to do here. I've tried this - http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...k:Patch%20Table - and matched everything up, to no avail. The base game default is:

GameVersion = 1.67.2.024001
CompatVersion = 24
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 21

The CAW default is the same:

GameVersion = 1.67.2.024001
CompatVersion = 24
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 21

The worldbuilder version also matches:

[Version]
WBVersion = 1.67.2.024001

Sims game and expansion versions as follows:

The Sims 3 - 1.67.2
70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff - 17.0.77
Ambitions - 4.10.1
Create a Pattern Tool - 1.0.0
Create a World Tool - 1.19.6 (freshly installed for the 1.67 version, according to the site)
Diesel Stuff - 14.0.48
Fast Lane Stuff - 5.8.1
Generations - 8.0.152
High End Loft Stuff - 3.13.1
Into the Future - 21.0.150
Island Paradise - 19.0.101
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats - 13.0.62
Late Night - 6.5.1
Master Suite Stuff - 11.0.84
Movie Stuff - 20.0.53
Outdoor Living Stuff - 7.3.2
Pets - 10.0.96
Seasons - 16.0.136
Showtime - 12.0.273
Supernatural - 15.0.135
Town Life Stuff - 9.0.73
University Life - 18.0.126
World Adventures - 2.17.2

All of this was installed via disc, NOT through Origin, and in fact I do not have Origin installed on the system at all, due to the various issues people have had with the later updates. I also have all of the store content, including all the worlds. I have very little in the way of mods, and removing that folder did not resolve the issue. Most custom content is installed via Sims3pack files, as they seem to slow the game down less than do package files. Can't really remove those easily. I have seen this - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=499834 - and will try it if nothing else works, but would love to find a simpler solution if possible. Oh, and cache files were also deleted, to no avail. Really frustrating, at this stage, and any assistance is appreciated.

Running on Windows 7, 64-bit. Intel Xeon CPU E31245 @3.30GHz, 8GB of RAM, NvidiaGeForce 1050 Ti graphics card. The game, again, runs great, no crashing issues. CAW itself runs great, except for the EIG, which just never opens, and no launcher popping up, just a "Sims 3 has stopped working..." message. The only other thing I can think of is that the CompatVersion and WorldBuilderCompatability in the Default files for the expansions do not match, but the instructions for resolving don't mention altering those. For example, the 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff Pack lists:

GameVersion = 17.0.77.020001
CompatVersion = 20
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 17

Assuming the other stuff packs ans expansions are equally different. Help deeply appreciated, as I have a world in the works, and really don't want to have to add lots all in the actual game, instead of in CAW, because then I can't alter anything around them as might be needed.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 9:56 PM
Edit in game doesn't work at all if you have alot of cc & store stuff.
I'm just speaking for myself but the only way I can get it to save/work is to take out the dccache & mods folder. But then you have to go back and re-decorate everything. So I just place my lots in game.
Pretty sure its all your store content causing the issue. Sorry ; (
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I'm just speaking for myself but the only way I can get it to save/work is to take out the dccache & mods folder. But then you have to go back and re-decorate everything. So I just place my lots in game.

I was afraid I might hear that. Moving the mods folder never seems to help, but I do have all the store stuff, so that could be the issue. Still, will try that and see, because I can always decorate later. It's the buildings themselves I want to see in CAW, so I can do any necessary terrain or routing changes that might be needed. Will post on how that goes, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:11 PM

It worked!!! Moved the DCCache, and the blasted thing loaded in no time. Thanks a million!! Even without the store content, the buildings can at least be placed now, so I can make any needed adjustments. You saved my world!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:27 PM
You're welcome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 9:04 AM
You're welcome!

Alright, this is an odd issue. Exited CAW after some building, and replaced the dccache and mods folders, then loaded the game. Now, all of the thumbnails for every single store item are missing, just blank squares where they should be. No idea why. The items seem to be there, but teh pictures are not, which is a real issue with sorting, as you can imagine. Any ideas on that one?