Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 5:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I literally deleted everything and it still runs slow!
I literally deleted everything on my sims. I just got tired of the lagging. so all my mods and library folder I made a copy of and deleted everything. so now that I have started the game back up, its feels slower than before when I have taken everything out! what is it that im doing to make my game run even slower with less CC? only things I kept in my game was hair and mods to help the game. I tried the game without the hair and mods but it still ran slow. what is it that I could be doing to make the game keep running slow?

p.s. all of my old stuff on my computer for my game, I don't have it on my desktop in a folder, I have it on a drive. so there no way that the cc could affect my performance. and I tried looking on other site but I guess I'm not asking the question right because they're giving me weird answers.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 7:57 PM
Did you delete all the cache files except socialCache.package?
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package

If that doesn't work try creating a brand new The Sims 3 folder with no mods. Not sure if that would affect anything but maybe.
Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3
-Move The Sims 3 folder to the desktop then exit, open up TS3 launcher and exit. There should be a brand new TS3 folder generated so check to be sure. Then test out the game performance as is.

If that doesn't work try this and someone may be able to help you if it's computer related.
Run the DirectXDiagnostic (dxdiag) tool, save all information to a text file and copy paste the information.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight