Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Merola's Mind Control Mirror

by Merola64 Posted 23rd Dec 2004 at 5:53 PM - Updated 12th Sep 2005 at 3:59 PM by Merola64

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 186 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#126 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:55 PM
sumtimesme: If you still want help, you have to describe your problem better or I will not be able to help you.

Deadman Forever: Yeah, unfortunately the game doesn't like everything you can do with the mirror . However it seems to be somewhat random. When I tested the object I experienced the live mode disable a few times, but later I could not reproduce the error when I tried to.

aurore80: If you still want help, you have to describe your problem better or I will not be able to help you.

blazzined13: As said earlier, yes it is EP compatible.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :D
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:37 PM
The VERY BEST thing about this object is being able to tell the visiting townies and NPCs to look in another mirror and change their appearance.
Now I don't have to befriend them and invite them to move in just to see if I can make them less ugly.
Even the nannies are a little more tolerable with some makeup and a new hairstyle. It apparently sticks too because she showed up for work at another house with her new do.

Oh and you get to see what aspiration a townie is before you let your sim get romantically involved.
Test Subject
#128 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eight_is_enuf98
The VERY BEST thing about this object is being able to tell the visiting townies and NPCs to look in another mirror and change their appearance.
Now I don't have to befriend them and invite them to move in just to see if I can make them less ugly.
Even the nannies are a little more tolerable with some makeup and a new hairstyle. It apparently sticks too because she showed up for work at another house with her new do.

Oh and you get to see what aspiration a townie is before you let your sim get romantically involved.

I also LOVE using this obj to change visiting NPCs appearances. Since I have the career rewards hack, I just think I'll try giving them plastic surgery too!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 12:48 AM
Great job!

Hmmm Thinking....
#130 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 11:12 AM
Can't wait to try this thing out..*insert devious grin here* LOL
Test Subject
#131 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 4:33 PM
what are townies
Test Subject
#132 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 8:56 AM
Wow, love the idea, love the item. Finally I can control any person who comes onto my lot.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 7:32 PM
Thats really interesting I like it
Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:44 PM
Thankyou for this mirror sounds wonderful, please tell me though, does it conflict with any other hack? I use the inseminator extensively, and dont want this to clash thankyou.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:50 PM
Thank you so much
I recently got over my fear of hacks, and I have just discovered this. I look forward to using it...it wastes so much time to try to convince an NPC or townie to do something...like pick up a plate they just placed in front of the refrigerator so no one else can cook! You do good work!

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
#136 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:44 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the mirror and I put the thing on every lot I have. I can't simply be without it! I love this hack!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil Gemma
what are townies

Townies are Sims that wander around Community Lots, or Sims that walk passed your house when playing. I hope that answers your question.

February 25, 2006- THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
Coldplay: Twisted Logic Tour: Houston, TX

Concert Ticket...$160
T-Shirt...$35
Poster...$10
Keychain...$10
Program...$20
Having the best time of your life...PRICELESS!

Coldplay= Awesomness!
#138 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 6:25 PM
I've read the downloading explanations...but can't seem to find the download folder... AHHH!
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:04 PM
Chantelle,

The downloads folder should be in My Documents-EA Games-Sims 2-Downloads. If not you have to create one.
#140 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:39 PM
Thanks so much! Thought I was going crazy...
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 9:57 PM
LMAO i used this on a fireman and found, very interestingly that one of his fears was fire! very cool
Test Subject
#142 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 5:23 AM
I quite like it. The social bunny is fun to play around with if you aren't the one that can see him! Not to sound bad but if you use bool prop on relationships if can get you in the friend or hearts quickly by controling their friend rating to your sim ie woohoo tub really quick! score for those "romance" aspirators!
#143 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 8:33 PM
seems like a fun mirror to have...
thanks
Test Subject
#144 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 4:26 AM
Cheers! I'm a big fan! Keep up the great work. :salute:
Test Subject
#145 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 12:41 AM
Is this Nightlife Compatible?
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 9:45 AM
thanks, I'll try it out!
Field Researcher
#147 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 4:35 PM
Default Mind Control Mirror and nightlife
The Mind Control Mirror works for Nightlife; you can control visitors and get them to do almost anything.
But one feature is gone from the game, if you control a visitor and order them to plan outfits their wardrobe is empty. Even if I just got them to buy clothes, is it any way around this? I miss this functionality; it was fun and a easy way to make termed neighborhoods.
Test Subject
#148 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 4:17 AM
Default Works Great!
Thank you so much, this has helped me get townies to drink the vamprocillin and turn them back to human again. It works really well!
Test Subject
#149 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 12:30 PM
"23rd Oct 2005, 05:35 PM #150
magnemoe
Test Subject

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mind Control Mirror works for Nightlife; you can control visitors and get them to do almost anything.
But one feature is gone from the game, if you control a visitor and order them to plan outfits their wardrobe is empty. Even if I just got them to buy clothes, is it any way around this? I miss this functionality; it was fun and a easy way to make termed neighborhoods. "

I have the same problem, and I'm so sad because changing npc's clothes was the thing I liked the best !
Could you create a hack to let them get new outfits again ?

Perfect !...
Test Subject
#150 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 4:15 AM
This is great.
I got the maid to take out a Million Simoleons loan and then transfer it to my sim.
Page 6 of 8