Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#76 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 8:58 PM
There seem to be 4 joints with vertices assigned to them. Number 1 is the body of the washer, the parts that don't move. Number 2 is the door. Number 3 is the rack. I'm not sure what number 4 is for exactly, you could just leave it as it is and not replace it.

So, the body will be sub group 1, the door sub group 2 and the rack sub group 3.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 2:05 AM
I just tried to make a refrigerator using this tutorial, and I encounter a problem as soon as I try to load the .obj file. When I click on "load mesh" and I click my .obj file, a message come up that says "finished reading obj file. number of models: 3" and then I click "OK" and the whole mesh tool closes. is this normal? and am I just supposed to reopen it to do the next step? I'm confused, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 10:20 PM
actually, I was able to do this refrigerator tutorial, but only one time. I followed the instructions almost exactly, except the only difference was that I didn't uvmap, cuz I did the texture in milkshape, since I still haven't figured out how to get the colors to go where I want them using uvmapper. But anyway, when I was done with the tutorial, I imported the file back into simpe, but it was the original fridge, not the one I made. So I was going to go ahead and start over, but it gave me the error, and closed as soon as I tried to import my mesh.
Part-time Hermit
#79 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 2:01 PM
I don't know what causes the problem with the Mesh Tool, but I would try starting out with a new clone and see if it works then
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:37 PM
Default whoooo hooooo finaly
first of all i would like to say hello to all the sims fans also i am new to this, i have always wanted to create my own stuff but never been able to find a site that i could get the programs to make my own things, i cant beleive my luck thanks to use i now have all the programs to start creating and all the help i need in understanding how all the tools work. I am sure once i have masted all the programs and tools it wont be long until i create all the things i want. Also once i have i promise i will but all my creations on this site for all the sims members to use and as a specual thanks i also promise any creation i make will only be put on this site and no other. So watch this space
Field Researcher
#81 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:47 AM
I have followed the steps of the tutorial but the doors of the closet don't open up and not you that I happen will be mistaken

some idea ?

I have proven in the mesh tool with the lying closet and also right
also to care him regrouped and without regrouping
Part-time Hermit
#82 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:13 AM
nazariopilar, try posting your package with an explanation in the Object Repair Center so that someone could take a look .
Field Researcher
#83 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:26 AM
thank you, it is that it ties me
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 8:13 AM
I have one question, does this tutorial apply to gates as well? Nicely done tute by the way
Part-time Hermit
#85 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:52 AM
Yes, it should work the same way with gates, also.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:14 AM
Thanks Ignorant bliss, you are a super bunny moderator.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 2:21 PM
if I want to make a dresser with drawers, will I have to clone a maxis dresser with drawers and which the movements would be in the mestool?

1 for the wood and 2 for the drawer?

is it also necessary to apply the mestool to the table cambiadora of you drink them?
Instructor
#88 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nazariopilar
if I want to make a dresser with drawers, will I have to clone a maxis dresser with drawers and which the movements would be in the mestool?

1 for the wood and 2 for the drawer?

is it also necessary to apply the mestool to the table cambiadora of you drink them?

yes, you should make a part that is for the drawer and a part for the normal body, then just link the animations back
Field Researcher
#89 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 9:17 PM
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 8:14 PM Last edited by TimSimser : 6th Sep 2007 at 12:56 PM.
I tried to retain the animations of a gate with the mesh tool but I got an error:
"Run-time error "9"
Subscript out of range"

I got this error when I click on the fencepicketgate in the box objects, so has anyone an idee how to fix this?
Test Subject
#91 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:41 PM Last edited by lym : 8th Sep 2007 at 5:59 PM.
Could someone do a tutorial for animating the rail on a crib? I've been trying for a few days to do this with no luck, I've tried asking on a few different forums and no one has been able to help so far I've never done animation for meshes before so this is all new to me.

Quote: Originally posted by TimSimser
I tried to retain the animations of a gate with the mesh tool but I got an error:
"Run-time error "9"
Subscript out of range"

I got this error when I click on the fencepicketgate in the box objects, so has anyone an idee how to fix this?

I'm also having the same problem with the Mesh Tool. It happens as I click GMDC View.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#92 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:15 PM
Lym, the crib rail is NOT a mesh animated via joints: it's animated using "morphs" (like the cushions of the sofas, just to make ean example; modifying morphing meshes requires Milkshape and the Unimesh plugin by wes_h.
The Meshtool can only be used with meshes using joints.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#93 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:56 PM Last edited by lym : 8th Sep 2007 at 9:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Lym, the crib rail is NOT a mesh animated via joints: it's animated using "morphs" (like the cushions of the sofas, just to make ean example; modifying morphing meshes requires Milkshape and the Unimesh plugin by wes_h.
The Meshtool can only be used with meshes using joints.

Thanks! I was told to come here from another forum, I've spent the last two days trying to get this work since no one will reply to my messages of help. If someone can tell me how to do it would be great! I put a topic up here two days ago if anyone is willing to help me, I can't seem to get a answer about this from anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:29 PM
does this work for microwaves, dishwashers, and stoves to?
And how many groups do I have to create for each one?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#95 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 8:45 PM
TimSimser
You do not 'create' new groups. Meshtool works by exporting the groups that already exist in the object, and then you must replace exactly those same groups - at least last time I checked. My experience with meshtool is working with bodies, but I assume it must hold for objects also.

lym
You can find Unimesh over here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
in the tools area

It only works with Milkshape.

It was designed to be multi-use, but the biggest *need* was for body meshers, so it's tucked over there. It has a basic manual. There are also basic BODY oriented tutorials for it over in the tutorials area, with step by step pictures. Some of the stuff will not apply to your objects, but some will, so you might to look over the 3 Unimesh tutorials to see stuff about the bone assignments and building a morph.

In short, you should build your base object, and then when it's perfect, you duplicate it and then *move* the vertices (no adding or deleting) to create the morph.

You can ALSO work with morphs using SMD import/export from simpe.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 10:05 PM
but does this retaining object animations work for microwaves, dishwashers, and stoves to?
Instructor
#97 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 3:38 AM
These tutorials worked well! I was able to get my refrigerator doors to open. What I didn't know for sure about was the actual mesh itself. On the tutorial it wants you to create your right door, left door and main refrigerator keeping each of these parts in your obj file using those same names. I managed to get all of that done but then I wondered how I was supposed to import my mesh - do I keep all the names the same or combine the separate groups into one fridgefront group? I opted to try combining the groups into one fridgefront group and it worked great. I hope this helps someone else once they get past the mesh tool part.
Test Subject
#98 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 10:58 AM Last edited by Herzblut : 25th Jul 2008 at 1:08 PM.
hi thank you for these tutorials
i have one question. how do i change the mesh of the guitar and still keep the animation?
i've tried to change it but it has the new shape only in the preview picture in the game... and is not usable anymore. can somebody please help me? thank you

edit: i've just found atavera's tutorial... maybe that helps
Page 4 of 4