Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:00 AM
Default Pets and the OFB hidden security badge
well i saw this ... -Pets can be in three career paths: Service, Show Business, and Security

So I was thinking mybe theres a link between the hidden security badge and the pets EP as pets can work in security. Maybe the hid the security badge so that it can be activated when pets comes along. What do you think of my theory?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:03 AM
Ehm... what is a security badge??? English help...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:05 AM
you know how in OFB you have the hairdressing badge and flower badge etc. well there was a security badge, not sure what it means but assume it would make you capable to be a guard in stores to stop burgalars etc.
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:08 AM
I wasn't aware of any security badge :confused: Are you sure it was security?
Banned
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:18 AM
Yeah there is a security badge, but you can only find it through a hack or boolprop. It's a hidden badge, like there are hidden skills ie Pool skill and dancing skill.
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:25 AM
Ahh, sorry I don't use boolprop you see.

Thats quite cool..maybe it was for a feature like that (a shop guard) but they never got around to finalising it?
Banned
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:28 AM
You can access it with insim as with the hidden skills too, but I've always wondered what the purpose of it was, would be nifty if pets got the badge.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:45 PM
I didnt realsie it was a hidden thing. I use InSiminator and I'd seen it but I just assumed it was something to do with running a nightclub (since I haven't done that yet).
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:03 PM
=O that made me think of something! I hope your dogs could attack burgluars.. that'd be really fun to see..
#10 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:07 PM
I wish they'd finalised the Security Badge... It would have been awesome to have store security guards.
#11 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:50 PM
I would think they would make it available for dogs, maybe even watch-cats :D
#12 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:09 PM
*imagines a cute little Pomeranian sitting outside a store, working a security shift*
#13 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eden
*imagines a cute little Pomeranian sitting outside a store, working a security shift*

Now that would be cute
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 4:37 AM
Can sims steal from stores? I've seen some sims drop their bags & leave, but never steal. And I have seen the hidden badge but never activated it because I knew it didn't have a purpose. hhhmmm.
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natassia
i didnt even know there were ny hidden skills or anything like that, can you get them through just doing really well at something or what?

Theres dancing skill... simple, dance enough! It takes a wile of sim dancing to get it to a decent level, and the only notification you ever get of it, its the "bust a move" interaction appearing at level 6 under entertainment to other sims. If you get it high enough, theres a Uni Scholorship for it too.

Pool Skill - Theres a Uni Scholorship with this too. Bestw asy is to do laods and loads of trick shots on the pool table. the only real reward is having your sims win mroe at pool! Good for hustling and making money!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#16 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:37 AM
Wow, I didn't know about the Uni Scholarship for Pool. o_o
I rarely let my sims have a pool table as it is, haha.
#17 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:15 PM
It's possible as others have mentioned that this is something that was being worked on then never finished, or that it was planned for pets and they put it in OFB so if someone only had Pets then it wouldn't needlessly increase the installation size. If it was something being worked on, then perhaps it will be activated for both sims and pets, much like how there was Cars in the base TS2, and they had the basic ability to allow a sim to sit in them, but not much else. Or how there was Weather, now we haven't gotten weather yet, but we know it's something that was worked on at one point from that, and I think Maxis has talked about how they tried and tried but couldn't get the bugs worked out.

It'd be pretty awsome if this was something that a pet got for reaching the top of the Law Enforcement career which could then be put to use at a Sim-owned shop. I think I read somewhere that each career would have three ranks, not promising though, but they could get bronze for working three full days, then silver for being promoted, then finally, gold for the final promotion.

Or they could just add shoplifting and let pets work in Sim-owned businesses as that, instead of everything that Sims can.