Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#2676 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
When you cringe at YouTubers doing things that will corrupt the game.

Or when youtubers are having an issue with something you know like 3 easy fixes to but there's little point in telling them when it's an old video/livestream lol. Probably why I only watch 2 Simmers
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2677 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:33 AM
When you center-click and drag Facebook expecting it to rotate (like, what would that even look like?)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#2678 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
When you center-click and drag Facebook expecting it to rotate (like, what would that even look like?)

I do that all the time with Sims videos on YouTube.
Forum Resident
#2679 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

LOL I do that too. especially when the vid is in fullscreen and I instinctively try to center click and drag the view around thinking it was the game.
Mad Poster
#2680 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM
I've done that while watching a sims video from You Tube once or twice by mistake thinking I was in the game after a long session in my own game.It never takes long to realize it's not my game when the trick dosen't work.
Lab Assistant
#2681 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Shadow214 : 26th Oct 2020 at 8:48 PM.
When you see the "Name a Character Who Went Through More Pain Than Her" meme and Nervous Subject instantly comes to your mind.
Top Secret Researcher
#2682 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:23 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 10th Aug 2020 at 9:53 AM.
When it gets to 3pm and you realise you haven't had lunch and the cup of tea you made hours earlier sits undrunk.
Scholar
#2683 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 9:38 AM
When I started extracting and playing the songs at work to curb boredom (and cause I never listen to them while game)... then a co worker recognized one song's artist. the song in question was not hot and cold, it was clearly in simlish and they are not a simmer. Given that it is just a remix of a real song I shouldn't have been so surprised.
Lab Assistant
#2684 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 11:24 PM
When you're playing the Henry Stickmin Collection and get really excited when one of the options is a plumbob.
#2685 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 4:23 PM
Started fall semester classes today and read this in my bio textbook:
"Because it gave rise to all of the living organisms that we know of, this ancient cell is often referred to as the last universal common ancestor (or LUCA)"

I instantly thought, "oh cool, Luca would be a good name for when I create my science related Sims family"
Test Subject
#2686 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 7:10 PM
You have played too much if you go to work and think you can fast-forward the time until you are home again.
Scholar
#2687 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 8:08 PM
I had to do a lot of outside work the last few days to prepare for a possible hurricane strike (we were just outside its path in Texas) as I live on the Gulf coast. It's incredibly hot and humid this time of year and more than once I thought to myself "my temp bar has got to be flashing full red right now". Like any sensible sim, I went inside and cooled off for a bit.
Scholar
#2688 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I had to do a lot of outside work the last few days to prepare for a possible hurricane strike (we were just outside its path in Texas) as I live on the Gulf coast. It's incredibly hot and humid this time of year and more than once I thought to myself "my temp bar has got to be flashing full red right now". Like any sensible sim, I went inside and cooled off for a bit.

My apartment is pre-Seasons - I overheat just as quickly inside as out.

Glad the hurricane missed you!
#2689 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 7:31 AM
...you switch to Sims 3 and you type "boolprop" in the cheat window.
Mad Poster
#2690 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan

Sims wouldn't go inside. They'd use the hottub instead. :P
Mad Poster
#2691 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dirrna
You have played too much if you go to work and think you can fast-forward the time until you are home again.
I think I can go to bed at 3 or 4, and then "SetHour 0" so I still get enough sleep. My Sims do that all the time, so why can't I do it?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#2692 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Sims wouldn't go inside. They'd use the hottub instead. :P

So very true! I however didn't relish the thought of being "doused".
Lab Assistant
#2693 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 11:58 PM
When you get annoyed when people refer to pre-made sims as townies.
Link Ninja
#2694 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 7:53 AM
I don't know, but my husband was mowing and came upon a nest of ground bees and came inside shouting with like 5 stings on his head and some on his hand and stomach. Later I told him about how sometimes sims go off on hikes and come back beeing chased by bees and he said it was really kind of like that in real life. huh.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#2695 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
When you get annoyed when people refer to pre-made sims as townies.

I've noticed this is really common in the Sims 4 community.
Theorist
#2696 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I've noticed this is really common in the Sims 4 community.

It's because 3 and 4 are designed for the player to mostly/exclusively keep with one family or even one sim (The Yoursim EA is constantly talking about) that turns all the other Sims in the world basically into Townies. NPC for Yoursim to interact with.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#2697 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 11:56 AM
When sound of unending rain in game makes you sleepy and then when you go to bed, you realize that you are missing that sound to drop off.
#2698 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:45 PM
When your whiteboard that has your online class schedule and homework to-do list on it also has a tiny side note letting you know which household you left off at in your rotation.
Field Researcher
#2699 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:45 PM
This actually happened the other day! I was driving home from work when I saw what I thought was the Sims 2 penguin waddling in someone's drive, and my reaction was merely one of pleasant surprise. A minute later I realised it was actually a kid crouched down with his black jacket pulled over his head...
#2700 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 10:09 PM
When you're learning about nuclear pore complexes (NPCs) in Cell Structure and you start thinking about Goopy GilsCarbo
Page 108 of 115