Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cathedral of the angels

by NanetteTredoux Posted 7th Feb 2006 at 9:58 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2006 at 5:14 PM by NanetteTredoux : Added links to custom objects

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 6:37 AM
Thanks Loboto-Me - I don't think I had ever been into my profile since I created it in a hurry ,way back when all I wanted was to join so I could get a fix for a bug Maxis had left in the University EP. I'll put up an avatar too. I didn't realise I was masquerading as a male.

Terrains - I shall certainly be posting more. I try to create what I can for my lots rather than download. Walls, floors and terrains are within my capabilities. Objects with new meshes - not yet. From now on I shall be posting my new lots here, where people are not so afraid of custom content.

Doing this cathedral took two days and three nights with very little sleep. Basically a whole weekend from Friday night to Monday morning. That's obsession.

JeanneKaye, the building objects for mosques exist here on this site. I would have to study up before attempting that - same with the synagogue and Hindu Temple. I am a bit clueless about that, but it is a very nice idea.
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 2:54 PM
I hate god but i Love the christian's monuments ^^ and your cathedral is a perfect wonder !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 3:56 PM
Thank you Jude. I am glad you like the building.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 4:52 PM
Breathtaking...just what I was looking for....thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:14 PM
You are most welcome.
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 12:05 AM
:gonemad: waw thanks so much!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 7:59 AM
I hope you have fun with it Poussin.
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:22 PM
wow! it's cool!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 4:27 PM
I am glad you like it Ben.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 7:31 PM
:jaw: Madona Mia! *Singn of the cross*
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 9:10 AM
Hello everyone can your have dogs in the sims2 thank you to answer quickly!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 11:20 AM
Thank you for your support Stallion

Aureli - no, you can only have sculptures of dogs, but they don't actually do anything. I am not sure how your question got into this thread.
Instructor
#38 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 3:10 PM
Hello, Nanette! This lot is absolutly stunning! I love the clothes, did you make them? It had to be said, where are they from if you didn't make them? Downloading now. *presses thanks button* thank you so much for taking the time to make this, it;s breath-taking! Do you have any lots uploaded anywhere else? if so, what's your username and how can I find it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 10:57 AM
Thank you Bethany, that is very kind of you. I assume you mean the Nun and priest outfits? Actually, I found those on the Maxis exchange - I just searched the sims section for "nun" and "Priest" or "Monk". The outfits are not a part of this upload of course, they are just in the pictures. However, the Midsimmer Night's Dream set, where I found the building objects, also have very nice nun and priest outfits, and great medieval clothes.

My username on the Maxis exchange is also NanetteTredoux and I have several lots uploaded there. I shall upload lots that contain custom content (not my own) here from now on, provided the moderators accept them. Lots that only have my own CC will be uploaded on the Maxis BBS as well.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:20 AM
that the right place for my Lara croft sim. I cant do anything what is so nice like this cathedral. Often my sims doesnt have a house! So this cathedral is only for my favourite sim Lara Croft! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 1:44 PM
How sweet Anislara! Poor sims without a house!
#42 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 11:00 AM
This is wonderful! I could never make a house this complex o_o it's very nicely detailed and just all around great for my sims, thank you! I really hope to see more ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM
Thank you Kitty. There will be more in due course.
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 2:22 AM
Wow...that is stunning.

This is the first time I ever posted to this site (I normally never post) but I just had to say something.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 6:33 AM
Thank you Bunnysays. I really appreciate that you broke your silence.
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NanetteTredoux
Thank you Bunnysays. I really appreciate that you broke your silence.

I like building houses in the Sims, and always check out various ones. That's my Sim de Vive or whatever. The reason I mostly play. I had a sim that had just no space and was basically too broke to make renovations to the extent needed for a computer room and I wanted them to use a computer. I thought, hey ... library. Public library. Sims have to have public/government buildings to go to too. So I spent 4 hours making one little one and I was proud. Then I came on here for a break. Then I saw your church and instantly renamed it to, my sh*tty little attempt at a library. Then I felt like crap. I mean, it's not like I'll never make another building again because I have fun doing it, but ... I was shocked at the level of difference between my building and your church.
Sayyyyy .... you uh, ... wouldn't happen to be thinking about making a public library ... like a little neighborhood/local one for broke sims with just like some computers and whatnot to use ....... :bandit:
You know ... a public/government building collection might be a good idea if you're looking for ideas to work on..... :insane: ... think about it: Churches, libraries, etc. You already have the church.
#47 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 6:56 PM
How to get the dresses for the nuns and monks? Have a lot of sims who need some spiritual guidance and they only find it now on the bowling alley

LOVE THIS SO MUCH....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 2:21 PM Last edited by NanetteTredoux : 14th Apr 2006 at 10:49 PM.
Bunnysays, sorry that I only reply now - dead ADSL line has rendered me rather isolated simswise. Yes, it will be a pleasure to make a library. I shall make that my next project. It must be said - I often build square houses or very simple community lots when all I want to do is play with my sims. But I don't upload those.

Paparazzio, I just did a search for 'nun' and 'priest' on the main sims2 site, and the costumes I used came up.

You can also look at the Midsimmer Night's Dream theme set, that has some nice nun and monk outfits.
#49 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:04 AM
this Churc is why i have register^^ this is Fantasic
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 5:39 AM
What a great church! Thanks for building it.

Daisy
Page 2 of 3