Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Kieroni : 29th Jul 2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
This is wonderful, thank you! I'm having an issue, and am a little confused on what it could be. Whenever I load, say, the cream trailer, it works perfectly fine, but Lothario's house crashes on me every time. I couldn't imagine that it's the bathtub causing problems, would you know what the issue could be? Are there stairs anywhere in there?

Oh, and I'm having this problem in both populated and unpopulated versions.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#77 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:38 AM
The Colonial works when it is downloaded seperately. Thanks!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:11 AM
Kieroni, that house does have a set of steps, though I'm pretty sure the ones I used were maxis. You are sure you have all the CC, even the pieces not listed for that house (in case I missed something)? Does it still crash if you move Don out to the bin first? Does the separately downloadable version also crash for you?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 10:29 AM
So Darren Dreamer has this thing in his inventory.

I can interact with it (mourn and move grave), but I didn't want to poke it too much in case it's flammable . Hood Checker doesn't flag it as a problem, so he's going to keep it because it's perfectly normal to have a gravestone in one's pocket.

Otherwise, the hood is awesome. I'm enjoying it immensely, and the natives aren't complaining. Thank you for your hard work!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 4:25 PM
If you have Darleen's grave somewhere else (like their backyard), and this one doesn't say her name on it, AND you have nounlinkondelete.package (maty?) it is safe to delete.

Right, so adding inventory graveyards to my list of things to fix. I struggled with finding a good solution for the graves. Pleasantview didn't come with a graveyard, and we never got one from the bin. I don't want to create one out of the blue (because none of the lots are scratch built), but my other option is stealing one from another hood. Any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
If you have Darleen's grave somewhere else (like their backyard), and this one doesn't say her name on it, AND you have nounlinkondelete.package (maty?) it is safe to delete.

Right, so adding inventory graveyards to my list of things to fix. I struggled with finding a good solution for the graves. Pleasantview didn't come with a graveyard, and we never got one from the bin. I don't want to create one out of the blue (because none of the lots are scratch built), but my other option is stealing one from another hood. Any suggestions?

Well, you made a nice graveyard. Will that fit in the hood? A graveyard will be needed for any Sims that die since there is that ordinance, so even though they didn't provide one they should have!
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 3:10 AM Last edited by AthanNyx : 31st Jul 2017 at 3:18 AM. Reason: Added error and got in
I found an error! A "Lamp-Ceiling-Chandelier New" throws a stack number out of range in the Goth household in the neighborhood with sims. Before I even enter the house so I can't play it. How do I fix that? Can I fix that?

Trying to reset it changes the error from Stack object to "Material change on Non 3D object"

After deleting twice I got in but I think deleted both chandeliers. I'm curious about what happened so I'm going to not save and work on other families.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:14 AM
Mom, it will fit, in fact that's what I'm using in my game, but I don't want to break my 'only renovated lots' plan. Oddly enough, the original Pleasantview does ship with one empty lot, so maybe I'll use that one as my excuse.

Athan, thank you for the report. I've also had trouble with that house not even loading before, but I thought I had finally gotten past it. I was wondering about that chandelier. I could have sworn it was CC, but it never came up as such. Can you look in your catalog and see if you have that 2 story chandelier? I have a picture showing it off in the comments with the Goth house. If it's truly maxis content, I wonder why it's buggy. If you do want to delete them twice again and save, that should take care of the problem and be safe if you want to play that family now.
Test Subject
#84 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:28 AM
Kieroni, that house does have a set of steps, though I'm pretty sure the ones I used were maxis. You are sure you have all the CC, even the pieces not listed for that house (in case I missed something)? Does it still crash if you move Don out to the bin first? Does the separately downloadable version also crash for you?

I have all of the CC, and followed all of your instructions. I didn't have time to try the separate one before, but when I just tried it now, it crashed just the same. =/ I'll systematically try all of the lots to see if any more crash, see if I can find a pattern.
Test Subject
#85 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 2:53 PM Last edited by AthanNyx : 31st Jul 2017 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Update and now further update
I found it. It's the most expensive chandelier. I'll actually try entering into the no sims game, I downloaded both neighbourhoods because I actually have all the space on my computer and sim game for it, to see if it throws errors when I enter there too. If it doesn't, I can check if it's the same chandelier.

Although there was a difference of sims vs no sims there shouldn't otherwise be any differences?

Update: Throws the error in the without sims house when entering.

Further update: Now does not throw an error if I enter in with it. I decided to try placing two of them and leaving the house before returning. Perhaps it just doesn't transport well? Are there base maxis objects like that?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kieroni
I have all of the CC, and followed all of your instructions. I didn't have time to try the separate one before, but when I just tried it now, it crashed just the same. =/ I'll systematically try all of the lots to see if any more crash, see if I can find a pattern.
Thank you. More data is always helpful. Crashy lots are no fun.

Quote: Originally posted by AthanNyx
Although there was a difference of sims vs no sims there shouldn't otherwise be any differences?
Update: Throws the error in the without sims house when entering.
Further update: Now does not throw an error if I enter in with it. I decided to try placing two of them and leaving the house before returning. Perhaps it just doesn't transport well? Are there base maxis objects like that?
Other than lack of sims, they should be the same. So, it crashed for a while and then stopped crashing? What did you do in between? How did you delete the chandelier before loading the lot?
Test Subject
#87 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:57 PM Last edited by AthanNyx : 31st Jul 2017 at 4:59 PM. Reason: Forgot a detail.
Thank you. More data is always helpful. Crashy lots are no fun.

Other than lack of sims, they should be the same. So, it crashed for a while and then stopped crashing? What did you do in between? How did you delete the chandelier before loading the lot?

When the error message came up, it has the cancel, reset and delete options. I did the delete to two pop ups and when I came in I got the full lot without the chandeliers.

When it didn't crash, I had placed my own chandeliers to replace the ones that were deleted when I deleted the error message and then left. So I came back in to the same type of chandeliers not causing the issue.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 7:23 PM
^ Same here, the lot refused to load without testing cheats. After deleting the chandelier, everything seemed OK.
Test Subject
#89 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 7:54 PM Last edited by AthanNyx : 31st Jul 2017 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Clarifying theory
Quote: Originally posted by zeka81
^ Same here, the lot refused to load without testing cheats. After deleting the chandelier, everything seemed OK.

I notice so far it seemed to be an ultimate collection issue.... I have it too. Not sure how easy it is to check... But do you think the chandelier's number changed from one version to the collected version? -likes throwing out theories and was wondering about it-
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:43 PM
Would one of you with the ultimate collection and a crashy lot please load the lot with cheats, delete the chandeliers, replace the chandeliers, package the lot and send it back to me? I'll wonder if your fixed versions will crash in my game. If it does not, I'll use your version when I do my update.
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM
Would one of you with the ultimate collection and a crashy lot please load the lot with cheats, delete the chandeliers, replace the chandeliers, package the lot and send it back to me? I'll wonder if your fixed versions will crash in my game. If it does not, I'll use your version when I do my update.

This'll be my first time doing this but here...

It's the downloaded lot, which served as a useful check so three for three for getting the chandelier error, and I did replace them.

Also sorry this took so long... Other stuff interrupted.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Goth Mansion - 3+Br Bmt Atc.rar (6.90 MB, 38 downloads)
Space Pony
#92 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AthanNyx
I notice so far it seemed to be an ultimate collection issue.... I have it too. Not sure how easy it is to check... But do you think the chandelier's number changed from one version to the collected version? -likes throwing out theories and was wondering about it-

I am at UC and I allways run the game at debug-mode (user startup, it is allways active) and had zero errors at the Goth house, populated or not

So weird how these happens to another but not to another, like the Cityhouse, it is still missing , no matter how many times I re-dl and reload , and then others have it.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 4:53 PM
Wow is all I can say and thanks for all your hard work.
Scholar
#94 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:52 PM
Well, now I know why the Goth's wouldn't load! Thanks guys!
BTW, Lucy Burb grew up with generated turn ons for facial hair and grey hair, so she is trying to get to Mort before the Caliente sisters...

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#95 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:19 PM
Pleasantview Towers doesn't have a trash can, causing hilarious confusion when someone tries to take the trash out, realizes there is nothing to put it in and just dumps everything on the kitchen floor. I just downloaded a buyable trash can ( http://daydream.etowns.net/ if anybody else needs it) and hope this'll fix it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Ovenhole, thanks for the heads up, I'll include that in my update!

Guys, I'm going to probably be MIA for the next few days (over the weekend). I'm traveling and don't know how much internet access I'll have. If someone has a dire problem, can you all help them out? Suggest downloading the separate house first if it's a crashy house problem.
Forum Resident
#97 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 6:01 AM
This one's almost too minor to mention, but the chess table in the basement of New Turf Apartments is facing the wrong way and can't be accessed.
Inventor
#98 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:40 AM
The version with the families appears to be corrupted. It would crash very often no matter what lot I played. Though, so far I've had no issues with the empty one!
Test Subject
#99 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:51 PM
I still have yet to install these hoods.. But I so wish you could upload a CC free version of the hood. That wood be wonderful.. But alas, I know that these hoods have a lot of work done with them... I just love what you did with PV so much.. and it's awesome to see how much it 'changed'.
Forum Resident
#100 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:05 AM
Okay, something else for New Turf Apartments:
First of all, the chess table in the cellar is actually a bit more complicated: The chairs used in this room don't work as chairs, which is why sims can't sit down to play chess. It might cause some issues with the tables too, but nobody ever goes down there anyway, they're all busy with the bubble blower.

The ground floor apartments have a routing issue with the doors. Instead of entering the building through the front door, sims that are directed to enter one of those apartments will walk around the house and enter through the back door. Same when they leave for the car pool. I'm not sure if this is because they think the apartment door is somehow blocked by the stairs or if it's just Maxis weird pathfinding, but moving the apartment door fixed this.

Finally, the normal carpools work fine, but my sim on the sports career got stuck in the bus carpool and couldn't leave. I've seen this before with the school bus on another downloaded lot, so it's likely the same issue with the bus exit being blocked by the mailbox. I moved it one tile back and it worked.
Page 4 of 7