Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Felicity Island

by topp Posted 5th Apr 2016 at 11:06 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2023 at 8:40 PM by topp : (2023/01/13) optional CC; (2021/07/11) Updated versions by Adrime

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:42 AM
Oh wow! This is really amazing :o
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th May 2017 at 5:37 AM
This is such a gorgeous neighborhood, I look forward to playing it! However I have just one question. On a lot of residential lots, it seems like the huts there are just decorative instead of being actual homes? Is this intentional?
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ApplezNBananaz
On a lot of residential lots, it seems like the huts there are just decorative instead of being actual homes? Is this intentional?
Yes, it is. In my head, it went kind of like this: the Castaway Stories Felicity Island has a lot of townies; these deco huts are their homes. Besides, they add to the general scenery of a village, so I thought it was a nice touch.

I recommend you get rid of those decorations on lots you intend to build on/play.
Test Subject
#54 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Yes, it is. In my head, it went kind of like this: the Castaway Stories Felicity Island has a lot of townies; these deco huts are their homes. Besides, they add to the general scenery of a village, so I thought it was a nice touch.

I recommend you get rid of those decorations on lots you intend to build on/play.

Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense, thank you!

On another note, I seem to be having trouble with some of the community lots, with the terrain being too steep in some areas and sims not being able to navigate out. There's also been issue with transportation, with sims not being able to leave community lots, and transportation vehicles like taxis not showing up when they are called. Are you aware of this/know how to fix it?
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th May 2017 at 10:46 AM
Hmm, which community lots (and which parts of them) are you talking about, specifically? Also, regarding taxis - some of the community lots have been designed in a way that they don't have vehicles showing up, at all. Being that this neighborhood requires you to have BV installed, and the said EP comes with a Walk to Lot option; click on your Sim and select Walk to Lot... Community lot. This will make them go by foot, and when going back, they'll also walk back, instead of having to call a taxi.

I would appreciate if you reported any other bugs you find.
Test Subject
#56 Old 14th May 2017 at 7:55 PM
I've been primarily playing in the Valley Village area. I went to the Staltwater Pools and the terrain there has made a cluster of sims end up stuck on the edges or in some of the far corners. As far as walking to/from locations, I've had little difficulty getting Sims moving from their homes to community lots, but I've had difficulty getting them from going from said community lots to back home. When I select 'Walk to lot... Home', the action cancels out and I end up having to go back to neighborhood view without saving. I also had another Sim invite mine out somewhere (I've been building theme-appropriate neighborhoods like 'Downtown' areas, etc), and the game said a taxi would swing by to pick my Sim up. It never came, and I didn't have the option to 'Walk to lot', so the Sim that asked mine out understandably felt stood up hahaa.
Theorist
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:10 PM
I'll check out the Saltwater Pools for routing issues. What you could do to resolve the issue is get the Portal Revealer, and place the flamingo anywhere on that lot. Then pick up the yellow box with a red arrow (pedestrian portal) and move it somewhere else, on a more open space area. This should resolve Sims ending up in clusters on unroutable parts of the lot. I don't currently have much time, so any issues reported here will take time for me to fix and re-upload.

Hm, I'm not really sure why the Walk Home would drop out of queue. Has this happened only once, or it keeps happening? Does it happen on all lots, or just certain ones?

Yes; being invited out downtown can't be handled different than by traveling via taxi only. I've tried my best to make all residential lots able to support vehicles - after all, to have a job, a Sim needs to carpool to work. However, I haven't made certain community lots even have car portals, because there wasn't enough room to put those. Were you traveling downtown, or did you select a local lot to travel when your Sim was being asked out on an outing?
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:43 PM
I did some testing with Portal Revealer, that seemed to help with the issue of visiting community lots, where Sims spawned in on the lot, how they were able to leave, etc. Previously the 'Walk to lot... Home' was not working on any community lot in the neighborhood, not just the Saltwater Pools. I'll have to go through all the community lots and place the portals down, I think. A little tedious, but it will be worth it in the long run!

I am still however having issues with getting vehicles to work. The portals for them to arrive and leave are on the residential lot of the sim I am currently testing with, but when she calls for a taxi it does not arrive. I didn't have the choice in a destination yet so I cannot honestly tell you if they don't work depending on if you go to a community lot or a downtown lot just yet.

I'll post more things I find out as I go!
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:47 PM
Sims do appear to be able to walk to Downtown lots, but summoning a taxi whether it's on your own or prompted by an invite from another Sim does not seem to be working.
Theorist
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th May 2017 at 10:24 PM
This is very strange. What community lots have you been visiting? Perhaps the atypical lots, such as Saltwater Pools, Swaying Palms, etc. have issues with the portals - don't know what sorts of issues yet, though - but what about a typical in-land lot? The Tuzu Temple, for example. Can Sims walk home from there?

Once I get an opportunity to launch the game, I'll check and see if I can call a taxi to pick a Sim up. In the meantime, can your Sims carpool to work?
(The scenario is a little different on some lots, for some reason. For example, if the car arrives at 8, and your Sim sits in the car at 8.10, the car won't take off until 9 - and at 9, it'll disappear, and your Sim will be at work. A bit off, but it works.)
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th May 2017 at 10:36 PM
I actually have yet to test carpools for work just yet. I have to look at other community lots and see if there's issues in them or if it was just the pools. The Portal Revealer seemed to do a good job of helping the 'walk to lot... home' thing, as long as I place them in an accessible location.
Theorist
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th May 2017 at 11:09 PM
That's the thing that is confusing me the most - while playtesting, I could visit the lots just fine, and the townies and neighbors spawned normally like on a regular lot, and didn't get stuck somewhere because the pedestrian portals became inaccessible or something.
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th May 2017 at 1:28 AM
So far the leaving and arriving issues seem to be centered on the Saltwater Pools, as far as walking goes.
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:21 PM
I have some more feedback for you! I was on an apartment lot and a taxi came with no problem. I'm wondering if maybe the residential lot I was on had some issues with getting a vehicle to spawn because objects were in the way. I'll have to look into this, I definitely did add items to the lawn since my Sim moved in.
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:09 PM
Hi again! I think I have pretty solidly narrowed it down that the issues were actually on my part. Objects I had on my Sim's lawn were getting in the way of the portals so I moved some stuff around and now vehicles are coming and going just fine!
Theorist
Original Poster
#66 Old 24th May 2017 at 2:43 PM
That's great to hear! So only the Saltwater Pools seem to be the problem?
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:32 PM
Yes that seems to be correct so far. Though using the Portal Revealer helped that a lot!
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:02 PM
Thank you for reporting it! I'll try to publish the fixed version some time this summer. I'd do it sooner, but the darned exams won't let me.
Test Subject
#69 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:38 AM
I wanted to ask, is there an abandoned laboratory on the island? Or it seemed to me, that it is not present? For me it's so hard to build a similar ...
Theorist
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darina Rose
I wanted to ask, is there an abandoned laboratory on the island?
You mean The Abandoned Research Base? The closest thing I have on this island is the Research Base, located at the south of Grasslands. It's an apartment lot IIRC, but it doesn't have the abandoned military feel, but more of a "this laboratory is still up and running and modern... but no one is here?". I was feeling lazy about having to download all the military CC just for that one lot, so I didn't bother.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:00 AM
You mean The Abandoned Research Base? The closest thing I have on this island is the Research Base, located at the south of Grasslands. It's an apartment lot IIRC, but it doesn't have the abandoned military feel, but more of a "this laboratory is still up and running and modern... but no one is here?". I was feeling lazy about having to download all the military CC just for that one lot, so I didn't bother.

Thanks for the answer, I found this lot. Felicity Island is great, i dream about this island in original game! Exellent work!
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:51 AM
Beautiful neighborhood!
Do you think you could make a list of all the mods that do come with this neighborhood? After downloading and playing the neighborhood on a witch, her spectral servant ended up being the grim reaper and just teleports away after summoning 'em instead of cleaning the lot. Also when I make phone calls, the sim i'm calling appears on the lot then disappears after hanging up. Also there seems to be an issue with the secret society limo driver as well, the limo doesnt appear when it's supposed to instead the driver appears in the middle of my sim's living room and walks out the door leaving the lot (In college, Sim State University). So far those are the only problems that have appeared for me
Theorist
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:31 AM
The things you said sound very strange. All the CC required to run this neighborhood is listed in the original post, and the CC Bundle contents are listed at the bottom of the page. The only mod (hack, a piece of CC that modifies game behavior) that is required is called cs_corefuncs.package, and the mod simply provides certain Castaway Stories objects with proper animations that are copied from the original game.

Do you use any other CC in your game besides the content I listed?
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:25 PM
The things you said sound very strange. All the CC required to run this neighborhood is listed in the original post, and the CC Bundle contents are listed at the bottom of the page. The only mod (hack, a piece of CC that modifies game behavior) that is required is called cs_corefuncs.package, and the mod simply provides certain Castaway Stories objects with proper animations that are copied from the original game.

Do you use any other CC in your game besides the content I listed?

I do, sorry. Turns out it was one of Chris Hatch's unofficial expansion packs that messed up my game my bad. I got the neighborhood working normally now though and i'm in love with it, thanks again for taking the time to make and upload this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:18 AM
Is there a subhood version of this?
Page 3 of 5