Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 3:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Glowing default replacement hair in CAS
Hey, for some reason around 3 (that I've noticed so far) of my defaulted hairs will "glow" whilst in CAS and have these really weird, blocky shadows that move quickly as the sim is rotated (I don't know how better to describe it). This does not happen in game, bodyshop or when changing appearance in the mirror. This thing has only ever happened in CAS and this problem only started recently (like 2 days ago). I was just wondering what it could be and how I can maybe fix it? I'm assuming it is harmless though.

Thanks

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 3:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Oct 2020 at 5:34 PM.
This seems to be a problem of late for several TS2 players. Could be a recent graphic card/chip driver update or some such, (possibly from a recent Windows update trying to update the drivers instead of letting the chip/card vendors handle it, and messing up), but it's still not exactly clear what's causing it because it's happened for a few Mac users, too.

- Have you done GraphicRules fixes to your game?
- Do you have any lighting mods (Gunmod, or similar)?
- Do you know if you have UseShaders turned on or off? How to figure out
- Do you know which graphic chip/card you have? (If you have Win10, you can go to the second tab in the Task Manager, and look for the GPU 0 and possibly 1 to see the names. If youneed help to find the info for another system, please say which one you're on)

Some people have found it helps turning Useshaders on, but it depends on your graphic card/chip. If you have an intel chip and not a dedicated card, it can cause strain on the chip.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:28 PM
@simmer22

Sorry for the late reply!

I have done the GraphicRules fixes, I use dreadpirates lighting mod, my shaders are on (when they're off, everything does that shiny effect), and my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:41 PM
Have you used the DXVK method?
If not, I saw it's mentioned as a possible bugfix for this issue in the install guide here, under "Known Game Issues" close to the bottom in the document: https://2fingerswhiskey.tumblr.com/...xing-the-sims-2

Another possible fix could be to roll back graphic drivers if they've recently been updated (if the light issue is a recent problem), or to make sure they're updated to the ones from the vendor, in your case Nvidia.