Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 12:04 PM Last edited by annachibi : 5th Nov 2020 at 4:21 AM. Reason: fixed it!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blank "No Pic" Stairs That Won't Place (Solved)
This is more of a slight annoyance than anything, but I'm usually good at debugging my game and this has me baffled. I have 5 "No Pic" slots for modular stairs in my Stairs section, even when I take out my whole Downloads folder and all the CC text files from the Scriptorium. I am unable to place any of the "No Pic" stairs. At first, I thought it was because I installed and placed a lot that had modular stairs but no text files for Scriptorium. Then I thought it was because HugeLunatic's recolorable stairs were "conflicting" with themselves according to the HCDU, but apparently that's normal. After starting a fresh Downloads folder and neighborhood, the blanks are still there.

Here's a pic to demonstrate what it looks like in the catalog (looks the same with or without CC if there are no modular stairs in):

Oddly enough, if I put IN a couple modular stairs (kativip ones are what I tried, if that's important) then 2 of the blanks turn into the CC stairs. I'm assuming if I put in 3 more, they would fill the remaining blanks. But it's just confusing me as to why there are even blank spots in the first place. Should I perhaps uninstall and reinstall Scriptorium? Or should I just ignore this?

I have the Ultimate Collection from Origin and am running Windows 10.

Edit: Aha, I figured it out! I have another Scripts folder in my Fun with Pets > SP9 that had an old edited 2015 version of modularstairs.txt I simply replaced that with the clean backup and voila, no more missing stairs!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 2:41 PM
Generally that is because you have a script file but no matching package.  But if the script doesn't correctly link to the package it will do that as, as the game thinks there is no package.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 11:30 PM
I have a few of those and guessed I was missing the package but I can't tell what stairs they are to go and grab them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Generally that is because you have a script file but no matching package.  But if the script doesn't correctly link to the package it will do that as, as the game thinks there is no package.

I figured that was what it was, but they're still there even after taking all the script files out of the Scriptorium folders, which is why I wondered if reinstalling the Scriptorium would help.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#5 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 1:35 AM
You could certainly try to reinstall, I have no idea if it will fix anything.  But stranger things have happened.  Just make sure to backup the text files you do have.  If the stairs can be placed, with move objects, on a lot, then it's possible you can figure it that way.  But, I think they don't so not even sure how to go about finding them.  You could also try comparing based on the GUIDs, the script file lists the GUIDs from the stairs.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 1:38 AM
Aha, I figured it out! I have another Scripts folder in my Fun with Pets > SP9 that had an old edited 2015 version of modularstairs.txt I simply replaced that with the clean backup and voila, no more missing stairs! Should I somehow move the Scriptorium to that folder instead of Double Deluxe, or delete the SP9 scripts, or simply leave things as they are?

(I also have another CEP Extra folder in there and I'm not sure what to do with that either)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 8:02 PM
Well done!  I wouldn't move them, I'm not convince things wouldn't go wonky.  I've had to do some crazy editing of my foundations to get a custom one in, so I'd be leery about moving it.  There should be a modularstairs.txt in the Fun with Pets/SP9 folder, mine has one stair listed. 

The CEP extra folders should be in documents and in the Double Deluxe in program files, nothing in SP9.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 11:06 PM
Hmm okay, I'll leave everything where it is as far as Scriptorium, then.

There are CEP extras in SP9 and Double Deluxe>Base, but they're not all the same files, oddly enough. The uninstaller is in the Double Deluxe folder, though. I wouldn't be surprised if I erroneously installed some to SP9 myself. I'm going to try moving the SP9 files to the Base folder, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tell if anything changes haha Is there any way I can check to make sure things are working properly for CEP?