Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 9:10 PM
stuck in upload wizard-first page
ok so i go to upload a thing- whoa new page! cool nice. It asks for an archive file- i give it one. it successfully uploads. where... is the next button? is the file not right? I exited out of the page and tried again. nothing. I am on firefox, i tried on chrome too and the same thing happened. or... didnt happen.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st May 2021 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessiuss
ok so i go to upload a thing- whoa new page! cool nice. It asks for an archive file- i give it one. it successfully uploads. where... is the next button? is the file not right? I exited out of the page and tried again. nothing. I am on firefox, i tried on chrome too and the same thing happened. or... didnt happen.

Hello @jessiuss
I have uploaded three times with the new upload wizard and although I use Microsoft Edge, I am not aware there is an issue with using firefox or chrome browsers.
As soon as you upload your archive zip file, the page automatically lengthens to full screen and gives details of whatever your zip file contains, where you can select whatever expansion/stuff packs are needed and where you want your upload to go e.g. Buy Mode - Outdoors. Once that info is entered, you will have the option to go back to the Welcome screen (bottom left) or go forward to Guidelines (bottom right).
I don't know why this did not happen for you - did you give it a few seconds or possibly a minute to respond?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 1st May 2021 at 9:44 AM
We've tested the upload wizard with Chrome, Firefox and the latest Edge (which is basically a variation of Chrome).  It seems like there is an issue processing the package file inside the archive you've uploaded and that's causing it to not work.  

Can you upload the package file to https://dbpf.modthesims.info/ and then let me know what you've done that?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2021 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
We've tested the upload wizard with Chrome, Firefox and the latest Edge (which is basically a variation of Chrome).  It seems like there is an issue processing the package file inside the archive you've uploaded and that's causing it to not work.  

Can you upload the package file to https://dbpf.modthesims.info/ and then let me know what you've done that?

ive uploaded the package to the link you said
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 2nd May 2021 at 1:27 AM
Thanks for the upload! This should be fixed now so you can go ahead and upload.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2021 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Thanks for the upload! This should be fixed now so you can go ahead and upload.

thanks! it worked this time, no problem.