Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2021 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Ringoholmes : 10th May 2021 at 9:42 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Delete CC Lots
Hi guys!

I Just downloaded some CC lots full of CC, how do i remove them? Is It ok ti delete them from lot bin, then delete in teleport folder and download folder?

Also, is it safe to put lots if they have never been inhabited? Like, i really love an empty house in Veronaville but i want it in my new custom neighborhood.

Thank you guys i really love you, you are so charming
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2021 at 4:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th May 2021 at 5:40 PM.
If you just installed a lot but haven't started the game, you can pull the CC from the Downloads folder and the lot from the Teleport folder.

If you have played your game after installing the lot, you can delete the lot from the lot bin ingame and pull the CC from the Downloads folder. If there's multiple lots or if you for whatever reason can't find them in the bin or have issues with deleting them from ingame (crashes, duplicates, etc.), you can delete the lot from the "LotCatalog" folder - they look like "cx_000000XX" (XX being a number). It's usually the last or one of the last files - however, they can be a bit difficult to recognize just from this name, especially if you've installed several lots, so you may want to check the pictures or name in SimPE before removing the file (open the file and look at the "text list" and "jpg/tgi..." files).

Never inhabitated lots are technically the lots people upload from their games, so in theory they are safe, but these days we know they contain some residue sim references even if they have been uninhabitated, so if you want to be sure you can clean the lots first, or before using them.

One way of copying lots from the neighborhood to the lot bin (you'll probably want to clean them after) - https://thesims2.livejournal.com/6049797.html (probably safest for residential lots, and not special res lots like apartments/dorms/etc. Rezoning can be done afterward)

Cleaning lots of sim references: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 (same caution as above)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2021 at 4:50 PM
You can just delete the template straight from the lot catalog, can't you? Is there a problem with doing that?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2021 at 9:42 PM
Thank you very much
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:01 AM
Are you wanting to delete the lot or the cc? There is no such thing as a CC lot. There are lots and some of them have cc added. The lot and CC are separate. The lot will be in the bin, the CC that shows in the lot will be in your download folder like any other CC you install.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~