Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 5:54 PM
Default How demanding are the Stories games?
I have all three Stories games, and they run just fine but I just want to be sure that my laptop is strong enough to handle them. I tried using the Can You Run It website but they couldn't give a clear answer because the games are so old I don't want to fry my laptop. It's a Toshiba with 8 gigs of RAM and graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I plan on getting a cooling pad soon since the fan does come on when I load up the games.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 6:19 PM
They were intended as laptop games, so if the games run fine without stuttering, it's probably fine. Don't play for too long each time, and if the laptop runs very hot, you may want to consider closing down and let the laptop rest for a bit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They were intended as laptop games, so if the games run fine without stuttering, it's probably fine. Don't play for too long each time, and if the laptop runs very hot, you may want to consider closing down and let the laptop rest for a bit.

Thanks for answering! How do I know if my laptop is getting too hot?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 6:52 PM
If it feels very hot to the touch, or the game starts getting laggy, or the fans ramp up even more (depending on the fans).

There are some performance tools that can check the temperature of the CPU and GPU, but that's probably not needed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If it feels very hot to the touch, or the game starts getting laggy, or the fans ramp up even more (depending on the fans).

There are some performance tools that can check the temperature of the CPU and GPU, but that's probably not needed.

Okay, thank you so much! :D