Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 6:28 PM
Default Is 175 lots too much for a world?
I'm working on my first world right now and I decided to make it smaller and simpler for my own sake and to improve my CAW skills; it has 76 lots, which is totally in line with TS3 official worlds.

However, I've already started planning my next world and it will be much more ambitious! I made a schematic map of it and it will have 175 lots, of which 75 will be houses, 13 will be apartments, 57 will be community and 30 will be empty. However, I know that this number of lots can be somewhat problematic and I have even read some threads about it. Some said that it is recommended to place a maximum of 150 lots, but will 25 more lots cause a big problem? I am aware that what most cause the worlds to lag is poor routing, and I am willing to spend a lot of time doing good routing. So, should I revise my planning and decrease the amount of lots or 175 with good routing will not cause too many problems?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 11:29 PM
No, it should not be an issue. All of my worlds are between 165 and 210 lots. Routing has nothing much to do with how many lots you have but other issues, like where you've placed routing paint, whether a lot has bugged or not, whether you've blocked routing in some other way, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 3:44 AM
Thank you so much for the clarification! I'm glad I can keep my world as it is planned now
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 11:22 AM
I think the problem can come from placing too many lots very close together. I've noticed this few times before, the latest being the St. Michel world. There is the old town part and the island part, which both have large number of lots in a very small area and some of the lots are also very big. It can make the game lag when it tries to render the details of them all.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
I think the problem can come from placing too many lots very close together. I've noticed this few times before, the latest being the St. Michel world. There is the old town part and the island part, which both have large number of lots in a very small area and some of the lots are also very big. It can make the game lag when it tries to render the details of them all.

The game loads in chunks, so yes that would be a problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme

I'll be paying attention to that. Thanks