Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:09 AM Last edited by TTR : 7th Apr 2021 at 9:19 PM.
Default Disabling the burglar/El Bandito/missed work music stings
The chilling musical sting used for the burglar, El Bandito, and the missing work notice always spooked me as a child and frankly, still does.
It got even worse with Unleashed where it seemingly happens at random for no reason! (although I'm under the assumption that it plays because El Bandito wanders onto the lot and then immediately leaves...)

I figured someone else would probably have the same issue. Replacing the SoundData file (in the Directory/SoundData folder) with this file replaces that sting with silence. As usual, the game will still switch to normal speed and briefly lower the volume of the rest of the audio when it's meant to play the sting. Apart from the lack of that specific sound file, everything else should work regularly. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I know for sure this works, so...

This has only been tested with Complete Collection & if you use it, make sure you make a backup of the original SoundData file. I might do the same with the flies sounds if anyone would be interested.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jpad...urglar.zip/file