Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 3:05 PM
Default Realistic, “Branching” Careers for TS2
I’ve always hated how careers work in TS2. Promotions don’t always follow a logical progression (How do you go from being a team mascot to a minor leaguer?) and some job titles don’t even make sense (Hand of Poseidon, really?)

For a long time, I’ve wanted to make something that’s both more realistic and inspired by the branching careers in later Sims games.

Ideally I’d like to do something where only entry-level jobs are available in the newspaper and on the computer. Then you might be able to progress 2-4 levels and you reach as high as you can go with that job. Then you have to apply for a new job but now that you’ve gotten more skills, new possibilities are available that weren’t options before.

This would allow for career branches of a sort. For example, you could choose between different types of medical specialties rather than just the generic specialty option.

I’m relatively new to modding so I’m not sure if what I want to do is even possible or how I would go about it. I’m curious to get some feedback from some of the more experienced modders here on this idea and how I might implement it.

I know there’s a way to make certain jobs require degrees but I don’t know if there’s also a way to make them only available to those with a certain number of skills. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do this?