Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 12:39 PM Last edited by PuddingFace : 22nd Apr 2021 at 12:52 PM.
Default CC Magic + S3SE
So if I run the game via S3SE none of the mods installed via CC magic will show up. Also S3SE is not showing up. It says error 5s and 6? Not sure what the issue is I was using C# Script utility 1.02b8.

Idk if it's my game or my computer but apparently I can only have a certain number of script mods installed. Any more that that and the game won't load. Except when I install the remaining script mods using CC magic then I can use all of them. I don't know why. My old laptop and even the current one 2 years ago could run them all.
My laptop once fell in the airport idk if that has causes some memory related problem and the battery was also damaged. Wonder if that's also causing the problem with S3SE.

@Battery

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:21 PM
Hey @PuddingFace,

Could you post a screenshot of "error 5s and 6" ? are these errors comming from cc-magic or from the game ?

i never used CC-Magic myself but for the bit that ive heared about it is some sort of a launcher / file organizer (correct me if im wrong). As a rule of thumb multiple launchers usually dont work for a single Programm when used together

I have a few questions myself.

How do you normaly start your game ? (cc-Magic launcher, steam, origin)

If you start your game the usual way, do all the mods appear and everything works fine ?
if so how did you start S3SE "S3SE.exe" ? if that is the case try launching your game as usual and when the game starts loading use S3SE_runtime.exe

If that suceeds you might want to risk a look into Lyralei's tutorial and the current S3SE documentation which Pattwoman and i created.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 6:36 PM
Before i installed S3SE I could have the CC magic mods as well as the usual Packages folder mods by opening with TS3W.exe or CC Magic. But now TS3W doesn't open CC magic files after I opened the game once using S3SE so I have to open with CC magic launcher for CC magic installed files.

On S3SE's console window I get error 5 and 6 after quitting the game. Clicking S3SE opens up the game but S3SE features won't open. Btw where should S3SE features appear? In Lyralei's tutorial she was able to open a window and type code and she was able to open a mod from the directory? Where do those options appear? I clicked on the Sim, on computer, City Hall, terrain.

I shall try the S3SE_runtime.exe after game starts loading. Loading here means the first loading screen right?

@Battery

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Space Pony
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I shall try the S3SE_runtime.exe after game starts loading. Loading here means the first loading screen right?
@Battery

Yes the first loading screen to the main menu. (wait till ou got 2 notches in the loading bar before running the runtime)

Before i installed S3SE I could have the CC magic mods as well as the usual Packages folder mods by opening with TS3W.exe or CC Magic. But now TS3W doesn't open CC magic files after I opened the game once using S3SE so I have to open with CC magic launcher for CC magic installed files.

That is very odd S3SE does not change any persistent files.

On S3SE's console window I get error 5 and 6

Hmm could use a screenshot there should not be a message containing these values, btw what operating system are you on ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:30 PM
Doing it the runtime method causes the same problem.

[IMG][/IMG]

@Battery

I hope it's not my computer that's at fault. It is a bit damaged.

Uninstalling CC magic is not possible for me right now as a lot of other mods run only when CC magic is used to install them.
Screenshots

Space Pony
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:53 PM
ok its actually all error 5 since all the others are just results of it.

Error 5 is an access denied error so S3SE does not have the access rights to affect your game. You can try running it as admin.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:27 PM
@Battery it's working now. Thankfully. Admin rights was needed. Should have tried that myself before bothering you. Oh and I just ran via S3SE.exe instead of runtime and this time CC magic mods loaded up just fine. Will try again to see.

I have to now look at how to access the features of this mod. I noticed that my menu interaction and Nraas mods interactions appear twice on the city hall now. I'm playing on a world where city hall is combined with other rabbit holes. the interactions are appearing on the city hall combo building and then when I select cityhall from the option the interactions appear again. Is that S3SE's doing?

Space Pony
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Battery : 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:55 PM.
@Battery it's working now. Thankfully. Admin rights was needed. Should have tried that myself before bothering you. Oh and I just ran via S3SE.exe instead of runtime and this time CC magic mods loaded up just fine. Will try again to see.

I have to now look at how to access the features of this mod. I noticed that my menu interaction and Nraas mods interactions appear twice on the city hall now. I'm playing on a world where city hall is combined with other rabbit holes. the interactions are appearing on the city hall combo building and then when I select cityhall from the option the interactions appear again. Is that S3SE's doing?

Hey Puddingface,

No S3SE does actually nothing until you call it (ok it allocates memory but thats it). So there should be no doubling etc. in fact if you dont use the Auto menu version of the utility mod non of these mods touch interactions at all ( The example mod does). So the problem probably lies somewhere else.
Maybe CC-Magic had a problem ? or a problem with other CC (see if running the game without S3SE from TS3W.exe (i assume you use that)) also doubles the interactions if so remove the utility (+S3SE example if installed) and see again. if its still doubled its not the Utility (and i cant see why it would be the utilities fault didnt you use it already ?)

(You dont have the old Utility and the New Utility mod installed at the same time ? )