Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 11:17 PM
Default Game crashes after fix integrity + CC object won't recolour
Hi, after i do fix integrity my package crashes the game.
package before fix integrity -
https://www.mediafire.com/file/94ab...re.package/file

package after fix integrity -
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9u2g...er.package/file

What am i doing wrong? I want to fix integrity and hopefully rename it.

Also, I followed this tutorial but at the end of it my object was not recolourable, and when i tried to recolour it the new package is just empty.
Here's my package that should be able to be recoloured but it can't - https://www.mediafire.com/file/7qtd...st.package/file (note it crashes your game because I used fix integrity as I said earlier).

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 11:47 PM
Wuestion about the object: What are you making? A custom cellphone? Not sure if that's possible (default replacements are possible, though), and if it was it probably would involve a lot more to make it work ingame than just cloning the phone and making it recolorable and standalone. Could be why your game crashes.

Keep in mind that the advice below is not for if you're making a standalone phone (and by the way, you really should test if it works ingame before you tinker more with it, and figure out how you want it to work, because it's not certain what you want to do is possible).

Question about the GUIDS: Did you assign random ones?

Also, there isn't a MMAT in the file - you need to add it for the item to be recolorable. It also needs to have the same GUID as the main OBJD (may be "Phone - CellPhone" but I'm not sure). All the OBJDs need new GUIDs for it to be a standalone item. Anyway, the Fix Integrity is really to fix the MMAT. If you're just adding a TXMT or TXTR you can click the "Fix TGI" button to make them unique. If you want to start out with a unique object (depending somewhat on the object), there's a tick box in the cloning options that says "make standalone" or some such that gives you the "fix integrity" step before you do anything else to the file. I tend to use this to make items unique to start with - but it's not certain this is going to work for a cellphone.

I'm not exactly sure what the "Fix Integrity" step has done apart from giving new instances to the TXTR and TXMTs, as there's no unique name or anything such in the "after" file.

Right now the file does seem like it's going to behave more like a default replacement, as the internal names may try to overwrite the existing ones.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Wuestion about the object: What are you making? A custom cellphone? Not sure if that's possible (default replacements are possible, though), and if it was it probably would involve a lot more to make it work ingame than just cloning the phone and making it recolorable and standalone. Could be why your game crashes.

Keep in mind that the advice below is not for if you're making a standalone phone (and by the way, you really should test if it works ingame before you tinker more with it, and figure out how you want it to work, because it's not certain what you want to do is possible).

Question about the GUIDS: Did you assign random ones?

Also, there isn't a MMAT in the file - you need to add it for the item to be recolorable. It also needs to have the same GUID as the main OBJD (may be "Phone - CellPhone" but I'm not sure). All the OBJDs need new GUIDs for it to be a standalone item. Anyway, the Fix Integrity is really to fix the MMAT. If you're just adding a TXMT or TXTR you can click the "Fix TGI" button to make them unique. If you want to start out with a unique object (depending somewhat on the object), there's a tick box in the cloning options that says "make standalone" or some such that gives you the "fix integrity" step before you do anything else to the file. I tend to use this to make items unique to start with - but it's not certain this is going to work for a cellphone.

I'm not exactly sure what the "Fix Integrity" step has done apart from giving new instances to the TXTR and TXMTs, as there's no unique name or anything such in the "after" file.

Right now the file does seem like it's going to behave more like a default replacement, as the internal names may try to overwrite the existing ones.

Hi! Thanks for reply, and I'm sorry about not being clear, yeah I am making a default replacement phone.

I made this phone before, but I'm making the iphone 11 pro now, and I want it to be recolourable/swatchable like this phone mod is.

So I wanted to fix integrity to change the name to appleiphone8 to appleiphone11pro but this makes the .package crash the game, and even just fixing integrity without a name change causes the .package to crash the game.

Before I realised fix integrity was causing the .package to crash the game, I created the MMATs and made the family/guid random as the tutorial said -

I did that for both the subsets in the MMAT (used random GUIDs).

Disregarding fix integrity for now, I added that MMAT to working .package. However, this is what happens if I try and recolour in object workshop -

And when the .package for the recolour is created it's just empty.
here's the download for this package - https://www.mediafire.com/file/gqkp...le.package/file
Is it because the GUIDs are random or is it something else?

Thanks.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:17 PM.
For default replacements, don't change GUIDs, and you probably won't want to do "Fix Integrity" either. You're better off doing "Fix TGI" on the TXTR and TXMT you're adding. The only resource that usually needs "Fix Integrity" is the MMAT, and I had a look at some similar files I'd done (recolorable custom dolls for a set of doll houses) and they look quite similar.

Just so you're aware, the screen MMAT "modelName" is pointing to "##0x1C050000!appleiphone11pro_cres" which could be wrong.

In the new file, the MMATs don't have the proper GUIDs, so they don't know what they're supposed to recolor. I think it's the GUID for the "Phone - CellPhone" but I'm not sure. Try with "0xCE8408E6"

The easiest way would be to use the downloadable version as a template, add your own mesh and switch the recolors with yours. Adding anything to default replacements can be a challenge. (I'm not going to download the file from that site to check how they did it, because it looks like an adfly link, and I'm not willing to risk my computer).