Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 1:58 AM
Default Anyway to make a mod that is like the Consort HairColor but for eyes?
Hi I always loved this and wanted to see if you could make one for eyes. I love to mix of the eyes colors. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 2:19 AM
Has anyone succeeded in setting RGB eye color on Sims?

I have not looked into the matter of setting eye color at all.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 1:45 PM
We should start calling this thread ' The Eye thread' :p 

But there is code to apply a new eyecolor to a sim, so I'd assume with some script modding this should be possible  (See UpdateEyeColor inside Sims3.UI.CAS.CASEyes) and just for implimenting, i'd also check the InheritEyeColor function (Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Genetics).

Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Seems like a good question. What I was wondering about is whether it's possible to make a particular slider move to the right as a sim ages, Similar to the way Consort's Age mod works.
With a custom slider installed/made for it, I'd assume this should work as well! I guess with both things it depends if Consort is of course okay with using their code as an example of coding it yourself
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 9:53 PM
@Wojtek you might find this code helpful to read and set slider values via code:

https://pastebin.com/ih1TyLJ5

It's originally from CmarNYC and I modified it a bit for my needs.

You would set a slider like this:

FacialBlendData alienearsslider = new FacialBlendData(new BlendUnit(new ResourceKey(0xFC0181FF49E71593, 0xb52f5055, 0)));
ModSim.SetMorph (someSimDescription, alienearsslider, 0.9876f ,ModSim.Mode.facial);

The first value in ResourceKey is the instance Reskey unique to each slider. It might be helpful to get a hold of Consort Landslide mod and type "slider dump" in the cheat console... it dumps an error log file with all inistalled sliders and also lists the relevant reskey.

Also note that the modification only shows up in the game when sims change into another outfit category. It can be handy to force update their outfit with.. sim.SwitchToOutfitWithoutSpin(sim.CurrentOutfitCategory)

Now, in order to modify the slider as a sim ages you would want to create a nightly alarm that runs your sim updater. This updater iterates over all Sims of the relevant age group and sets the slider according to their relative age in their age stage.

Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 12:02 AM
There's hacky way to do this with Landslide and Nraas Overwatch...

But first... I remember I released a version of Landslide that can read write the "age" property. But I don't remember if I released this proper or just as a fan edition. To find out type "slider age list" and see if you get values or an error message. I can upload it somewhere if it doesnt work.

Nraas Overwatch has functionality for "alarm commands" which are console commands executed every night.

Here's what you do: Take the lifespan in days for your adult sims... let's say that's 23. Open a calculator and type in 1/23 ... that's about 0.0434782...

the command for landslide would be something like:

slider someslider setto age mult .0434782 if adult

then you register that line in Overwatch as an alarm command. I think that should work. But It will not automatically realize if you change the agespan for adults, you would have to modify that manually every time you change it.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 8:07 PM
Okay, try this one then http://www.mediafire.com/file/pj0jt...de.package/file

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 12:55 PM