Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:45 AM
Default Fake Kitchen Pantry
So, I want to create a pantry for my latest sim build. Unfortunately, that involves placing a bunch of food meshes and shelving while adding an extra closet/room to the build. I don't want to add an useless area. I tried searching for the image of a pantry either by wallpaper or wall hanging.

Then I found this and fell in love. It's a Fake Pantry for Sims 4 by Chicklet over at SIMthing New. https://simthingnew.tumblr.com/post...arn-door-pantry

Does anyone know where I can find something similar to this? I'd also be quite happy with a wallpaper or wall hanging mesh/image of a pantry. If it's at least close, I can try to recolor it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:43 PM
No, I don't think I've seen something similar for TS2. I've seen fake closets, but not fake pantries.

You might be able to find prefilled pantries, especially on older downloads, but you're right, the trend nowadays is to just make empty shelves and then let the downloader fill it with their preferred cc. (I have a ton of clutter, so I don't really mind this option myself. )

In any case, I understand about the useless area, thing. I used to feel the same way about closets. Anywho, I think what you can use are niches. That way, the shelves go in the wall and it doesn't take up any space. Luckily, Mustluvcatz has some: There's A Place for Everything and Everything in its Niche right here on MTS and, more fittingly, the niche addon for the Cut Outs! (In)Wall Shelving System. I'll also link the Peg It! ~ Pegboard Storage System, for another wall-hanging pantry shelf system.

And of course there's Buggybooz's Nooks And Niches Set (and add ons), but I think that might be too bulky for what you're trying to do, unless you already have some dead space somewhere.

So yeah, it's not perfect, especially if you're trying to avoid decorating with clutter, but I'd thought I'd mention it, just in case it interests you.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 11:01 PM Last edited by HobbesED : 3rd Mar 2021 at 3:26 AM.
Couldn't you use find some pantry pictures, much like the one you have in your post, and then use Homecrafter to make it into a wall covering or several sections of wall covering?

I've done similar things for my stories with skylines (to be seen from a balcony) and storefronts (to make a street look as though it were populated with downtown businesses).

EDIT: If you didn't want a full wall height version which Homecrafter would make, I had another couple of thoughts...

(1) You could try using SimPE's Photo Studio (Tools-Object Creation-Photo Studio) to make a recolor of an existing picture or other hanging object using pantry photos you find. You'd need to use an existing picture without a frame which was the correct size and/or resize your photo(s) to fit and use that to hang on the wall.

(2) I've seen some large custom pictures (e.g. scenes through windows that I've used for backdrops for in-game pictures). I don't have any examples off hand but could probably identify them in my game if you wanted to look into trying that. Perhaps you could recolor those with pantry photos.

(3) I've also seen some curtains which are stand alone 2-tile items. Maybe those could be recolored similarly and then placed where you need to give the illusion of a pantry.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth