Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:01 AM Last edited by omglo : 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:45 AM.
Default Solved - Change Material and Function Load aren't working together
I have this stack of decorative plates

That's recolored via change material, using the pie menu.

The TXMT is stored in an attribute

Which is supposed to be used to update the plate to the correct color when the lot loads. But that's not happening. The plate is always the default color whenever the lot loads, and I can't figure out why. I'm probably missing something obvious here. Can anyone help?

For future readers:

Solution via Lazyduchess -
Quote:
Maybe you have to wait a few ticks to let stuff process before changing materials rather than doing it right away on lot load? I'd add a "Loading?" attribute, set it to 1 on Load, constantly check if it's 1 on Main, and if it is set it to 0, wait 5/10 ticks and then update the material. Lots don't actually start rendering until a few ticks in so it won't be visible to the player!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Plate in testing.zip (131.6 KB, 1 downloads)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:37 PM
The material overrides override the material after it has loaded, if you remove all of them from both files it will work as is but will only be available in the default colour from the catalogue. All of those pie menu options can be run 'immediate' so you don't need to wait for your sim to be idle to use/test.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:55 PM
Thanks. I didn't want the other colors in the catalog, so this is perfect.