Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 12:42 PM
Default Having an issue replacing map tag icons.
Hi, I'm a newby modder in this area, can someone please advise?
I'm trying to replace the map tag picture of Art Gallery. I copied what was done in Menaceman44's Equestrian Centre change but I'm having this problem:

All of my map tags are now blank.
I've noticed that the mod I'm copying uses Atlas_Map_tag_Colors_00 from the DeltaBuild0 package, but there's also another Atlas_Map_tag_Colors_00 in the FullBuild files with less icons on.
Should I edit them both - even though they're named identical - how would I do that without one overwriting the other, or is there something else I need to do to have my new map tag replace the Art Gallery map tag?

Many thanks in advance for any help

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 12:55 PM
So, a rule of thumb for editing the game files, is that EA occasionally override their own content. FullBuild being basically the base game content (imagine this being like V1 of all content) and that the files you find in DeltaBuild are a 'V2' of the game content  

So, short answer is, always go with the deltabuild one, since that's the one the game reads  But that has to do with loading order and nerdy stuff like that :p

Now, in the case of them not showing up, could be a few things. icons *need* to be a particular size. If they're smaller/bigger than their original size then that can be a problem. Also check if they need to be a PNG file or a dds file  Those can be reasons of it failing to show up
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
So, a rule of thumb for editing the game files, is that EA occasionally override their own content. FullBuild being basically the base game content (imagine this being like V1 of all content) and that the files you find in DeltaBuild are a 'V2' of the game content  

So, short answer is, always go with the deltabuild one, since that's the one the game reads  But that has to do with loading order and nerdy stuff like that :p

Now, in the case of them not showing up, could be a few things. icons *need* to be a particular size. If they're smaller/bigger than their original size then that can be a problem. Also check if they need to be a PNG file or a dds file  Those can be reasons of it failing to show up

That's great, thank you! I kept the same size so I'm guessing it's the file format. I'll check that out tonight.
Really appreciate your advise

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr