Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Replacement (with veins)

by PatchesSim2 Posted 28th Sep 2005 at 12:20 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2005 at 2:43 AM by PatchesSim2 : Added a Helaene Vampire Red Re-color option, added setion about eyebrows

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 12:16 AM
I know this might sound like an odd wrequest but what about slight gold tint to the eyes so its bright gold but very transparant just so it shows up the custom eyes underneath better.
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 7:33 PM
Thanks alot. I will definitely be using your skin replacement as it looks much more realisticly colored. Purple vampires do nothing for me and I don't care for red eyes much. Just out of curiosity though is there any way to get rid of the veins?
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 8:17 PM
Heres a sim alien vampire with your skin for them. She's sitting at the cmupter you hae no idea how herd it is to get the damn things to stay still.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 11:20 PM
HelceAudron - It's kind of hard to do what you're asking... I could make a Maxis style eye that's tinted gold, but if that's used with other types of eyes (for example Helaene's eyes) it would look absolutely terrible. Or if I just did the color, it would be applied to the entire eye (making the whole eye, including the white part, gold tinted).

plaidsquirrel - Yes it's possible, but I'd have to make another set... (which isn't that hard, since I still have the original Photoshop file with the separate layers)

HelceAudron (again, lol!) - Oh good, it's still looks ok on Alien Sims! I was a little worried about that, but I never got a chance to test it (I've been busy trying to get a project done for school)

Note to all: The eyes can also be changed by simply adding an eye texture onto a custom eyebrow and adjusting the alpha channel to have that section show. (you can also use this to get facial hair and makeup to show the way you want to, but keep in mind that you'lll have to layer everything yourself and adjust the alpha channel for everything that you add. All of this will still only count as eyebrows.)
Forum Resident
#30 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 6:53 AM
these are beautiful. Great work.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 6:20 AM
this is great! i was looking for something like this! thank you!

#32 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 7:18 AM
Suttle look to it.
Very nice work! Now they look more like vampires than zombies.
Love it. Thanks

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 1:42 AM
When you say you wanted to add "the" fang marks to the neck, do you mean ones that are on the original Maxis vampires? I haven't noticed any on mine, but I haven't actually been looking, so I don't know if you mean you can't reproduce them or you wanted to introduce them. THe way it's phrased suggests the former, but I wanted to be absolutely sure.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 8:59 AM
I'm sorry to ask, but in not a single post says that the eyes are replacements of the original maxis... The look great, Heleane's eyes and skins are the best... :P

:*†*: þðñkÿ :*†*:
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 8:10 AM
I just finally had Sims turn into vampires and the purplish blue skin tone was nice at first, but I like these much better. They should look absolutely wonderful now, especailly with Heleana's eyes. Thank you for this

"this is shaping up to be an awesome day for dwight."
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:49 PM
i really love the blue eyes!! i don't like the red eyes at all for the vampires. i downloaded a bunck of contacts to try to cover them up and they didn't work for vampires but for all my other sims..i was like wtf! I'll try these new ones keep them comming in other colors

i really like a light pale blue eye w. a dark blue ring around it or even a green like that too!

Thanks!
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 3:18 PM
This is perfect! Thanyou for the no red eyes version!!
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 12:05 PM
Thanks so much for this! I recently started using the vampires in my game, and I HATED the Maxis default look (though I hate most Maxis default looks for everyone except aliens, so that is not surprising), but with your skin/Helaene's realistic eyes, I can enjoy my new vampires.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:26 AM
Default Blood isn't blue...
If you look it up, blood isn't actually blue. This is what most people would call a myth.

~Mystik Moon~
"To play, or not to play...that is the question. Whether tis similish in the mind to suffer the withdrawals and pain of outrageous non-play time or to bear arms against all that would stop me from playing." - Hamsim
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:59 PM
DO you have to have a person thats already a vampire for this to work?? I wish i could find the vampires in the town :C

By the way pretty cool!!
~*Sar*~
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 9:08 PM
Amazing! I've been looking for something like this for ages, I guess I've been checking in the wrong places. Awsome Job!

Trigger Happy
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 3:42 PM
Oh, this is absolutely perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, especially for making the 'noredeyes' version available!

*Runs off to play with her newly beautified vampires*
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:17 AM
This is my favorite vamp 'tatoo' replacement.. but I ran into an issue I'm curious about. (I don't have any other vamp replacements)... but whenever I try to cure my vampires after the fact... the skin and everything remains.

I have all the expansion and stuff packs... (I don't recall ever trying to cure a vamp with it prior to just recently.)... curious if anyone else had this issue... or if you know what would happen if I removed the replacement (With hael's red eyes.)

any help would be appreciated... will check back in a few days.
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystikMoon
If you look it up, blood isn't actually blue. This is what most people would call a myth.

blood is blue.. in the absence of an oxygen environment... (Well it's more purple than blue... but it's the oxygen and the hemoglobin of the red blood cells that makes it blue.
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:45 AM
Problem i downloaded the skin and my vampires faces are still blue and their body is this skin. help!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:59 PM
could you make a vampireskin without veins?
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 11:00 AM
"In fact the reason a person gets more pale when they die is because the blood in their body turns blue (for those who don't know, the reason blood is red is because it is exposed to oxygen, without oxygen blood is blue)."

In fact... Hem.... Well, I'm french so, it's hard to explain.... Hem.
On a dead body, the blood stop moving, and fall on the back of the personn, wich become red. So, the face seems to be blue : the red colour of your skin is due to your blood. Without blood, you become blue, and then, your skin tears down and becomes yellow, your veins appear like in the geography cards ( like in your mod^^), eyes become grey/white, and then.... Ow.... No, I can't explain. I hope you understand : that's a really intersting subject !
So, thanks for this nice skintone wich I found better than the original ! Well Done !
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:33 PM
i absolutely love the replacement, awesome!! oh, and thank you for putting a no red eye option up for download, looks much better
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:04 PM
When I have my sim turn into a vampire thier head will still be Maxis blue skin but the neck down will be your pale skin. This is what I downloaded: PatchesSim2_Vampire.rar and the PatchesSim2_Vampire_noredeyes.rar , was I to download only one?
Page 2 of 2