Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#201 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:35 PM
I want to cry.

In an absolutely, positively over-the-top excited kind of way.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nestfilms
i find it hard to believe that you would get werewolves, fairies and witches in one EP

Hmm. Maybe that's a sign they wanted to release all supernatural at one so they can focus on future projects like Weather or University.

Fairy wings on Create-a-Sim? Woah. I think that has never been done before. Well, officially. And Fairy Babies!
So excited

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Field Researcher
#203 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Just ignore the posts if you don't agree with them.

I think maybe you should follow your own advice, because in my opinion you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

I am beginning to feel that some of us are not welcome here anymore and are instead relegated to the back of the bus...ie, a separate thread. Very sad. I used to love this community.

In a thread with 200 posts I could count on the fingers of one hand those that may have been kinda harsh. As a part of this community, your comment offends me a little. You can't take a few isolated opinions and pin them on the majority here. And nobody relegated anyone anywhere. If you are not pleased about there being a seperate thread for complaints you should take it up with the person who created it. There are no bullys here, no one forced anyone to do anything.

That being said, I personally don't mind people complaining here or praising or whatever as long as it's related to the topic. That is the whole point of discussion, to share all opinions, isn't it? The thread that is dedicated to only one point of view is not a discussion, it's a support group.

I really hope you guys can kiss and make up already.
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
I think maybe you should follow your own advice, because in my opinion you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

In a thread with 200 posts I could count on the fingers of one hand those that may have been kinda harsh. As a part of this community, your comment offends me a little. You can't take a few isolated opinions and pin them on the majority here. And nobody relegated anyone anywhere. If you are not pleased about there being a seperate thread for complaints you should take it up with the person who created it. There are no bullys here, no one forced anyone to do anything.

That being said, I personally don't mind people complaining here or praising or whatever as long as it's related to the topic. That is the whole point of discussion, to share all opinions, isn't it? The thread that is dedicated to only one point of view is not a discussion, it's a support group.

I really hope you guys can kiss and make up already.

I absolutely agree with you and you are only expressing exactly what I am trying to say. Odd that you are offended.

My issue is the people who complain about the people who are complaining. Ignore them. Let them express their opinion. There are several posts in here telling folks not to complain, to go elsewhere to complain or that they are 'ruining my happiness by complaining'. That stuff does not belong here.

I have nothing against people who are happy or who complain. Just sick of seeing all the complaints about people who complain. LOL Oh, and you are wrong...a thread was made for those who want to complain. That is a very strong indication that opinions have their place.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Yes, people did express views about what they did and did not want, in regards to magic, werewolves, bunnies, etc., but they pop up and go away for a while. I remember a few months ago, people here (including me) were excited about the idea of roller coasters in the game, and everyone here who saw and didn't agree tried to put us to death (regardless of them being in the Sims 1). Same with every other idea people don't agree with.

What's the difference? We stopped. Like every other thing we/the think is a good idea, they/we stop. We may bring it up again sometime later, but it's not, as a group, an everyday thing. You guys are, for lack of a better word, outcast, because of the endless onslaught of "We Want Weather".

Perfect example. Yes, those folks did stop but it took time. You had to vent first. This info has been out a day...well, and it is not even official yet you 'outcast' people because they complain. I didn't mind that they complained..it was funny (werewolf folks!) and annoying at times but it is easy to just skim past a post. Give folks a CHANCE to stop before you start after them.

As for the WE, I would like weather, would like businesses, etc., but WE are not all in agreement either. I don't care what EP we get but I am not thrilled with a mostly magic EP. Some folks are angry about no weather, some for other reasons. WE are a diverse group. I don't agree with them anymore than you do in some cases. So be careful how you classify people.

Be patient rather than attack them. Why didn't you just ignore their posts? Honestly, I am not sure why this is important to me but probably because I am so disappointed by behavior I would have expected elsewhere. Obviously, this 'he said, she said' crap is here to stay. Just sad.

Anyway, enjoy telling each other how happy you are. I think you won this one.
Test Subject
#205 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:40 PM
Default Cemetery!!!
Easter-Egg on Cemetery of Starlight Shores...

Credits: SimsDomination
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#206 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:00 PM
I absolutely agree with you and you are only expressing exactly what I am trying to say. Odd that you are offended.

My issue is the people who complain about the people who are complaining. Ignore them. Let them express their opinion. There are several posts in here telling folks not to complain, to go elsewhere to complain or that they are 'ruining my happiness by complaining'. That stuff does not belong here.

I have nothing against people who are happy or who complain. Just sick of seeing all the complaints about people who complain. LOL Oh, and you are wrong...a thread was made for those who want to complain. That is a very strong indication that opinions have their place.

Perfect example. Yes, those folks did stop but it took time. You had to vent first. This info has been out a day...well, and it is not even official yet you 'outcast' people because they complain. I didn't mind that they complained..it was funny (werewolf folks!) and annoying at times but it is easy to just skim past a post. Give folks a CHANCE to stop before you start after them.

As for the WE, I would like weather, would like businesses, etc., but WE are not all in agreement either. I don't care what EP we get but I am not thrilled with a mostly magic EP. Some folks are angry about no weather, some for other reasons. WE are a diverse group. I don't agree with them anymore than you do in some cases. So be careful how you classify people.

Be patient rather than attack them. Why didn't you just ignore their posts? Honestly, I am not sure why this is important to me but probably because I am so disappointed by behavior I would have expected elsewhere. Obviously, this 'he said, she said' crap is here to stay. Just sad.

Anyway, enjoy telling each other how happy you are. I think you won this one.

I'm classifying people as they are: People who want Weather. I also said there are people out there who make those who want weather look bad. Am I wrong on those claims? Are you not classified under the people who want weather. One rotten apple (in this case, quite a few) spoil the bunch. And this isn't a problem that's been going on for a day. This has been going on for 3+ years; since the base game. I'm not the only person to make of this either.

The conclusion is, guys, know you want rain and snow and falling leaves. A lot of us do. I want it. There's no need to take over threads saying such. I want theme parks, malls, and a lot of other things, but there's a time and a place. No need to boycott the company.

Now, I can say I too agree with the weather situation, it is a bit late, and I do want it - it adds a touch a realism, and yet, it comes with many unrealistic things, like setting a beach town to winter all year long. I also understand that things take time to make, and why they might be holding off on it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#207 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:05 PM
@rian90: That sounds oddly hypocritical, in which you are complaining about the people that complains about the people who complains... Umm...
If people complaining is fine, but when people complaining about people who complains is somehow "outcasting"? I can't grasp your logic.

I have no problem on people complaining but since the wordings like "which I personally find much more important" came out, it can guarantee for an opposite response, since it sounded a bit selfish.
Sorry bassoon, for being harsh.

Anyways,
Quote:
PLAY WITH MY TOYS

That's the creepiest thing to be said in a fortune reading...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#208 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:07 PM
I'm not sure if their fortunes, but most of them looked that way.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#209 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:12 PM
Yess I sssee it, the cryssstal ball hasss ssspoken! You are to play with my toysss! FOREVER! Muhahahahha! *thunder claps*
Test Subject
#210 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:19 PM
That awkward moment where every thread I've ever decided to post on goes from HOLY DSLKFJAL;SD EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SIMS 3 STUFF to OMG BITCHING AND WHINING AND COMPLAINING

To those thespians out there that like to cook up their dramatic complaining - Just because it's not something you want out of EA, it shouldn't automatically suck. You've yet to try it, so until then, I will deliver a message to you from Gary Oak.

Mad Poster
#211 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:34 PM
^ SECONDED.

I honestly don't really care about whether or not I like this EP. Anything. ANYTHING over another "online this, online that," SHT fiasco. Plus, witches. I'm sold.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#212 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
^ SECONDED.

I honestly don't really care about whether or not I like this EP. Anything. ANYTHING over another "online this, online that," SHT fiasco. Plus, witches. I'm sold.

There probably will be online content and there will probably be a lot of information/marketing about that though.
Forum Resident
#213 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:48 AM
Yeah, it looks like everything EA ever do nowadays are online stuff. Like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, the upcoming SimCity with multiplayer, and the rumored Dragon Age 3 with... multiplayer. *sigh*
Theorist
#214 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Yeah, it looks like everything EA ever do nowadays are online stuff. Like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, the upcoming SimCity with multiplayer, and the rumored Dragon Age 3 with... multiplayer. *sigh*

Some games aren't too bad with multiplayer. I'm thinking Dragon Age would be one of those games, same with Mass Effect. Of course they're shooter type games so I dont play them. SimCity being multiplayer has some potential... at least I'll know who my real neighbours are and how to deal with them. Hubby doesn't play SimCity but I have since Day 1 ... and since he dragged me into playing The Sims 2 series and now The Sims 3, turnabout is fair play when I DRAG his butt to play the brand new SimCity But Sims... sorry but that's a standalone sandbox game for me.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#215 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:11 AM
Well by the looks of things, they wanted The Sims 3 and turn it to be more like SimsSocial. *shudders*
And I suspect the new gifting system will cost simpoints. On which everyone giving things others already have, therefore wasting money.

This The Sims as an online type thing doesn't sit too well with me either. It looks bleak to me.
Banned
#216 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM
It's an addition, though. An optional addition. How can something added to the game that you never, ever have to experience possibly make it worse? Like cake with a side of brocolli. Just don't eat the brocolli!
Mad Poster
#217 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:50 AM
I don't get it, everyone was jumping out of their skin for the sims to go online since the original sims online shut down, but now they have sims social/integrated social networking in game and everyone complains about it.
Banned
#218 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:52 AM
Sometimes I wish people who clicked "Disagree" would explain themselves instead of just sitting in the shadows! I can't comprehend how anybody could possibly disagree with what I said! I don't know that I've been this dumbfounded before. :P
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
Sometimes I wish people who clicked "Disagree" would explain themselves instead of just sitting in the shadows! I can't comprehend how anybody could possibly disagree with what I said! I don't know that I've been this dumbfounded before. :P

I didn't click disagree but I can explain to you why people would on your last post.
Because EA spending money and time on unwanted online/social features in our single player sandbox game = less gameplay content (you could argue that simport is gameplay but it is grinding gameplay which isn't really most simmers style). Especially in the case of SHT where half the EP was focused on those social/online "optional" additions. Also, the core of TS3 isn't about multiplayer or online aspects but a Sims online game would be solely for it so pleasing both parties: People who don't want online features at all and people that want them. Was that clearer?

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Retired
retired moderator
#220 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:16 AM
Dammit, what sort of monster doesn't like broccoli.?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Banned
#221 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bij0ux
I didn't click disagree but I can explain to you why people would on your last post.
Because EA spending money and time on unwanted online/social features in our single player sandbox game = less gameplay content Was that clearer?

Yes, but I don't think that makes any sense. Development doesn't work that way. There's dedicated teams for everything. People working on social features wouldn't impact the rest of the game's development.
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:36 AM
Yes, but I don't think that makes any sense. Development doesn't work that way. There's dedicated teams for everything. People working on social features wouldn't impact the rest of the game's development.

What? Yes it would 0.0 It means less programmers working on other stuff.. like you know.. gameplay. More time and money spent on online stuff means less money and less time on other stuff because it could've been use somewhere else. Am I repeating myself here? I really do not understand your way of thinking =/

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Theorist
#223 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
I don't get it, everyone was jumping out of their skin for the sims to go online since the original sims online shut down, but now they have sims social/integrated social networking in game and everyone complains about it.

I think some of us would like to have seen it as a separate game. I know that once I read the description of SHT and it's online "social aspect" of it, I said on every forum that EA should just go ahead and make THE SIMS ONLINE 2.0 and be done with it but leave my little sandbox game alone. Obviously, I'm not buying Showtime, nor have I patched past 1.29.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#224 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:51 AM

There is nothing wrong in online features and development. But where I think EA is currently going wrong is that they started off making TS3 offline, then half-way decided that they will make it online. So we end up with pretty ridiculous online features like Simport, that doesn't let you even play in the other person's game just because this game was never intended to be plaid online.

Online features (facebook and stuff) were probably not that huge of a thing when EA first started making TS3. It's probably something bosses who don't understand the game decided that making it online means more money for them.

I think the worst part of these online things are that they are so crappy. Post stuff to FB? send your Sim to your friend that's basically a RH where you Sim disappears for x real-life hours before coming back, regardless of has the friend plaid him in their game or not.

One could always argue that I knew Simport existed in SHT before buying it, if I didn't want it, I should just not bought it. That's a really good and valid argument, but, at the same time, I bought TS3 when it was still an offline game, and I don't want to stop mid-way and not get the whole series and the advantages of the new EP's because of that. So far, thankfully everything is optional. I don't need to log into the page to play, and what ever silly content you get from using Simport has been enabled by mods and the game has been out less than a week.

EA should have left all online stuff to TS4. Develope it as an online game and market it as an online game from the start, so people know it's an online game.
Field Researcher
#225 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:55 AM
It's an addition, though. An optional addition. How can something added to the game that you never, ever have to experience possibly make it worse? Like cake with a side of brocolli. Just don't eat the brocolli!

Sure I can choose not to eat the broccoli, but the stink of it will still be there ruining my delicious cake.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 9 of 105