Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#276 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 3:44 AM
Shit that reminds me, I can't add August and Carmella until I get the latest patch.

But I'm really lazy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM Last edited by GitteA : 20th Mar 2013 at 12:35 PM.
So... Adam.. who is Adam?
Yes, Adam is a Scumthorpe indeed, but he does not know what kind of family he comes from. He was left on the doorstep of a monestary as an infant. All that was with him was a note with his first name and a request to take good care of the child.
However, the life on the monestay was very poor, and he was not allowed to leave the monestary ever. As a teenager he fled from the monestary and moved to Starlight Shores in the hope to become rich and famous there. He lived on the streets, slept on parkbenches and ate garbage while he dreamt of the wealthy life he was determined to achieve. He also became a pretty good trick thief in that period, and the money he got from peoples wallets he saved up, and one day he was finally able to buy a little house. It was a rack, yes, but it was his.
Finally he could start the life he aimed for, he had a base of opereations to make even more money!

But how? He had to find out how - he cooouuuld of course develop his thieving skills or find a more legal means to... but what was this? Someone at the door already?
Adam opened the door and found..

A lama?? What the hell? The lama started dancing and babbeling about some university far away. Adam was furious for being interrupted in making plans for the future, so he shoo'ed the lama away. But the darn thing wouldn't leave. So Adam decided to make it leave.

And he won!

And the lama finally left, but he also left a bucket behind with some university goodies and a test. Adam thought about it a bit - it couldn't hurt to take the test, could it?

Adam was smart. He was rarely outside as a child because of his skin issues (he could not tolerate the sun too long since he is an albino), so he spent alot of time in the monestarys library after school. The evil nuns made him clean the library every day after school hours instead of tending their garden.
By taking the test he found out that he could actually get a scholarship in the business major, and the university also offered a free place to stay - in a dorm.
Adam did not doubt a second, there was nothing to lose by going, so off he went!

When he arrived he first wanted to make a good impression on his roommates. Adam had a very strict childhood in the monestary, where manners were important, so in some way, at least to the ladies, Adam introduced himself properly.

Well that is not so bad, is it? Adam seems like a nice guy, just wanting to become rich and famous. But really? He is a Scumthorpe after all, right?

Making friends, Adam?

Adam was invited to a party the first evening, and that went well. He made more friends! Wait.. is that how he thinks he makes friends? Something is not right here..

But Adam had a blast! It was his first party ever, and the day after he was knackered, so the first lecture did not go so well for him.

Well that was a bit about Adam and how he enrolled in the university. I wonder what he really is up to..

(and why the heck are the images showing up as attachments underneath here? I am obviously doing something wrong, shrugs)
Site Helper
#278 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 5:43 PM
You "attached" the images to the post. That's fine.

If you don't want to have them showing like that, you can upload them to Modyourpanties, Image Shack, Photobucket, etc. (as long as the site allows hotlinking) and post the link.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#279 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:02 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 21st Mar 2013 at 4:11 AM.
Welp, after resisting the urge for so long, I guess it's time to throw my little bit of chaos into the mix. Mingham, let me know if there's anything I need to change to better fit this into the family tree you've already made.

Mad Poster
#280 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Contraceptia

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES. That is THE BEST FUCKING NAME
Instructor
Original Poster
#281 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Welp, after resisting the urge for so long, I guess it's time to throw my little bit of chaos into the mix. Mingham, let me know if there's anything I need to change to better fit this into the family tree you've already made.

Welcome to the fold. I t really was just a matter of time......
Forum Resident
#282 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 2:47 AM
The infiltration has begun!

quoting rkalanu:

Yesterday, I discovered a sim (born in-game) who has stuck Energy and Hygiene motives. They never decay. All other sims in my game have normal motive decay, as far as I can see.

So I'm trying to play her like the freak she is. She's an obsessive-compulsive unemployed evil couch potato who uses normal sleep time to crank out Sports Books (a genre she should despise, but it has the best initial profit-to-page ratio). She finishes one up every night around 3 AM. Then she hits the diner, and goes out painting the town (literally now, thanks UL), dumpster diving, raiding gardens, and kicking over trash cans.

Any ideas? I've been thinking about getting her a digging machine so she can sleep-deprive her entire block.

found in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...10#startcomment
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 3:58 AM
Hey, it's my favorite thread, or nearly. I check it every time I come here. XD

P.S. Needs moar Sprog.

Intersecting modular stairs.
Forum Resident
#284 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:07 AM
Where's davina's partner? After seeing your first post about the village of the damned, I watched the 60's version, and the 90's remake.
Sprog might actually be earth's last, best hope.
Scholar
#285 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 7:23 PM
Great. During one of my Scumthorpe inspired children's birthdays, there was a fire in which the oldest member, Nana Dullpuddle, rolled a wish to see another of her grand children's fiery ghost. When it starts like this, where will it end?
Mad Poster
#286 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Sprog might actually be earth's last, best hope.

I'll go break out the cyanide.
Forum Resident
#287 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 8:06 PM
Hm, considering that Sprog was the FIRST horrible solution thought of... doesn't that make him the earth's first, worst hope? And he'd be so confused and enraged to accidentally save the world and be called a hero....
Forum Resident
#288 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
The Village of the Damned kids appearing as a collection of male/female pairs as well as a more general hive mind seemed to be somewhat more heavily emphasised in the remake than in the original, while Davina was inspired by both. And I didn't want to make too many children in order to avoid making the already pretty huge cast of characters in my town too hard to keep track of. There's maybe room for a couple more in that class.

In story terms, she's not originally from Sunset Valley, so she's probably a single isolated Village of the Damned child. The rest of her hive mind peers are most likely back in Riverview where she was born, or in other towns if any of the other families with them moved houses.

As for what to do with this class? I soon hope to do a sketch in which their long-suffering teacher tries to educate them all about where babies come from. Note that this class has Lolita Scumthorpe in it, with all her hopelessly misguided buttbaby theories that she still completely believes in. And the others are no better-informed about this. And having a creature like Davina in it doesn't help either. At all.

I thought that the Midwich children didn't let their families move them away?

I am really looking forward to seeing them all learning about babies though. I'm sure it will be brilliant...
Instructor
#289 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 11:36 PM
This thread is so full of win! bookmarked!

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
One Minute Ninja'd
#290 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 11:50 PM
I did, however, manage to make another kid for the local school:

Meet Davina Midwich, the end result of my Village of the Damned idea from earlier in the thread. Born 9 months after a family from Riverview encountered a mysterious alien force far more terrifying and incomprehensible than anything related to the usual green man-probing aliens found in SimNation, she currently sits at the back of the triplets' elementary school class next to Carrie and spends much of her time relentlessly trolling Tara Dunning, who's quite evidently terrified of her. On account of her distinctly non-human origins, Davina never talks. Instead, she communicates telepathically, a characterisation point that I'll most likely represent in text form by <WRITING ALL HER LINES LIKE THIS.>

...Also, I just noticed something: This thread has over 20,000 views.

It started less than two months ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a success story here.

Just promise me, you back up often when playing. I can just see the flaming meteor EA is going to fling at that school right when the whole crowd is in the playground, staring up at it. And all their telepathic power will not stay the hand of an utterly random, useless event at busting up a story line right before you were done capturing and saving it.
Mad Poster
#291 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:16 AM
Also, a question: Does anybody know if anyone's ever made a world designed to look like an afterlife or underworld for dead sims? Without spoiling anything, such a world would be extremely useful for some future ideas of mine. Not even just Scumthorpe ones- think of the wider story potential there. Play a literal ghost town! Populate it with historical figures! Use Traveler and have one of your living sims try to do an Orpheus!

Silent Hill

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#292 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 12:00 PM
Lets see how it is going for Adam at the university.
Now.. where is he?

... Ah.. found him!

That is some .. erhm... nice new clothes you got there Adam, where did you get that from?
Well don't bother explaining, I have been watching you..

But nevermind the outdated dumpster clothes, I can understand why he doesn't want to wear the even more outdated clothes from the 1800's century that the nuns from the monestary gave him.

So how is it going for Adam?
Well every morning he wakes up, he goes straight to one guy. I have no idea why, but Adam seriously want to mock this guy every - single - morning.

He is not very popular among the other students, but be careful Adam, not all students are what they look like.

Bad idea Adam - bad idea..

That could have gone soooo wrong, but Adam was lucky - this time. The vampire only hypnotised him and then left him alone.

School is going good, Adam is actually working and studying like his life depends on it. Well it does, but there are other means to achieve a good final exam. But Adam chose to do it the right way - for now. And he seems to enjoy it, most of the time.

In his spare time he likes to play chess to relax.

Wait.. that's not chess?! Is Adam really looking at dating sites?
Actually Adam has more success with the ladies than making friends among the male students, and they like to invite him to their parties.
But Adam takes every opportunity at these parties. Not alone with the ladies, no - he is taking advantage of their trust, and he does a little side-earnings while at the parties.

Shit, someone is coming!

Phew, she didn't see him. Lets see.. here is a nice expensive looking painting..

And a nice pooltable - that fits riiiight into his pockets.

That night gave him alot of good pocketmoney. He also found out that he can apply for funds at the administrative center every day, and of course he is taking advantage of that. He wants to finish his major with not only fine grades, but a good fat wallet as well!

And maybe a lady on the side?
It is definately going good with the ladies, most of the time. They like his kind of old fashionned way of being proper.

Wait! That picture! What have we here....

No no, not the lady! Look behind her - the car!

Well damn, the lady won't move. She was stading there all evening gossiping.
Lets keep that car in mind - and steal her sofa instead, it looks expensive.

Adam made a good amount of money that semester. Almost 40.000. Not bad!
But everything has an end, and Adam passed this term with flying colors - even without cheating, who would have thought? He did make a cheat sheet, but he didn't need it.
He is allowed to be a bit proud of himself, don't you think?

Adam wanted to stay and make more money at the university, but people had started to get a bit suspicious about all the missing furniture in their dorms and houses, so he decided to take a little break and go home to his little poor shack.

See you for the next term, Adam!
Site Helper
#293 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:11 PM
I can understand mocking the guy who looks like he got his clothes from the Criminal Hideout and then didn't wash them for a month.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#294 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:38 PM
Hehe true, maybe that was the reason. But it is funny, I did not do anything to have Adam mock him - he did it purely by himself every single morning.
Often when I make stories I let the sims themselves mostly control what they want, and many times I get quite surpriced and amused, like with this mocking thing and slapping with a glove
Scholar
#295 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 6:26 PM
I must have a dodgy game because whenever I leave my sims alone for more than 5 mins, they start having autonomous woohoos. I went to make a cup of tea (I'm British) came back and Hal Breckinridge and Don Lothario were in bed i mean imagine that! I was trying to get Hal with one of my sims and bam. Why me. And I do like the slap glove thing too.
Test Subject
#296 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:04 PM
Well I dont have any big mods at the moment, so no autonumous woohoo for my sims - now you actually got me tempted to download the woohooer mod, just to spice things up.. but on second thought, he was raised by nuns and is a proper sim, so I doubt he would be such a playboy really.. or would he? hehe.
Yes! The glove slap is the best along with "give a what for". I don't even know what it means really (I am danish).
Mad Poster
#297 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:29 PM
Holy shit Adam is like a posh Sid with that chest baring outfit.
Scholar
#298 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
I went to make a cup of tea (I'm British)

You must be, because you felt you needed an excuse to have a brew :p
I do that too. I get back from work and put the kettle on. I really want a cuppa first thing, but decide I haven't earnt it yet lol! Need to have an excuse to have such a treat

Anyway... Someone stop me from constantly de-railing threads. It's become a major habit of mine.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#299 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 8:31 PM
*sips tea* Somebody say anything?

Adam's clothes made me laugh so hard that I woke up my coworker who was power napping.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#300 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:12 PM
I am obviously a terrible Brit because the only hot drink I like is hot chocolate.
Page 12 of 332