Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#201 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:05 AM
Give your Diva the Avant Garde trait, and watch the poses she takes when looking at a piece of art. Throw in Snob, and you'll have the perfect high end art gallery owner. Ooops, sorry, no businesses in TS3 yet. But you get the idea.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#202 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 3:18 AM
Well, I finally figured out what was causing my game to bug out like a termite mound. Replaced the hard drive today. Having to reinstall everything AGAIN but should be able to work this time.
Scholar
#203 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
The repairman in my latest family was Tuesday Sears, the child kidnapper. Thankfully the family doesn't have children. She didn't even Fix the sink, just shouted at it.

I wish she would do weird things in my game! I always get her as the repair(wo)man, and all she does is her job! I think the weirdest thing she ever did was yell at the toilet, and that's basically become normal, too

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#204 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:24 PM
I keep thinking that she'll climb out of the computer screen like in The Ring and kidnap a child
Scholar
#205 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:48 PM
Eskie: I will
When I get uni, I'm going to make Cinderella. I'll give her evil step-mother and step-sisters 'evil, snob, diva, avant-garde' and then one more so they're not all clones, and they'll be so mean to poor Cindy. Then she'll meet her prince at prom, and have to spend her uni years walking around barefoot because he stole her shoes, and then she'll come home, I'll get someone to toadify the prince (just 'cus) and then they'll live happily ever after.
Until I get bored, ruin their lives and never play with them again. That's how most of my EP testers end.
Except my pets one. I have no idea what happened to that, but I tried to play it the other week, and overwatch nearly died because there were so many glitchy sims and abandoned cars. I deleted it, it was too laggy.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
One Minute Ninja'd
#206 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:13 PM
You could add mean spirited. That, along with evil, snob, diva, and avant garde, should guarantee a perfectly loathsome sim to torture Cindy. Get an extra trait through the social groups, and add on slob, just to create a sim that no one, except maybe for Gus Hart, could possibly like.
Test Subject
#207 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:02 PM
The only thing avant garde seems to do is make my sim want to critique every painting, plant, and decorative object in the building. Anytime i leave him for a second and he finishes doing what he was doing hes wandering off to critique everything. It adds a few more social interactions i think but the one guy he used them on thought he was boring lol.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#208 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 3:00 AM
Awww, it's so sweet! Proof that there is someone out there for everyone, even someone who's families genetic coding has been tangled like a ball of yarn by mutant, two-headed kittens.
Mad Poster
#209 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 3:11 AM
Glad to see the triplets aren't total sociopaths like the rest of their family
One Minute Ninja'd
#210 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
And a couple of new updates:

First, a rare building one: I freely admit, I am a terrible builder in this game. I know absolutely nothing about normal interior design, couldn't put together a decent-looking building if my life depended on it (Stately Scum Manor is a modified version of an existing elaborate mansion lot) and am generally much more of a character designer than anything else.

But every once in a while, you need to redecorate a room as part of the characterisation of whoever lives in it. And that's where this came in:

Inside, a pair of security cameras constantly survey the entire room, and the walls are covered from floor to ceiling with crudely-scrawled Simlish crazy person ramblings. Little of interest here, really, it's very repetitive stuff. Typical excerpts read as follows:

KILL MAIM BURN KILL MAIM BURN KILL MAIM BURN

ALL PEACE AND NO DEATH MAKES SPROG A DULL BOY

LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS

I love wall writings like that. I had a bunch from Garden of Shadows (I think) and would decorate the walls of all my Goth teens like that. I think there was a lot of Emilie Autumn on those. Good stuff, like "you stabbed me in the heart, but I kept coming back for more" kind of writings. I have to start using them again.

Quote:
In substantially less creepy news, however, this just happened:

"Well, why do you think we left Moonlight Falls in the first place? Main downside of being born into a family of alchemists, I guess. Homes aren't forever. Homes go up in smoke. And most of them smell like sulphur and ass after about a month."......

Wow. Best. Full moon. Ever.

Please tell me that's just a typo you didn't catch. Granted, alchemy can stink up a house, but I've never had that happen (then again, I've never had a Scumthorpe in my game either).
Forum Resident
#211 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:15 AM
MinghamSmith wrote:Methane and Lynx, incidentally, is downright horrendous)

Yes, it does... As to how do I know... Well that would be a long story of a cross-dressing Lumberjack (really) and a road trip through the back woods of Washington State and one very confused elk...
#212 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
MinghamSmith wrote:Methane and Lynx, incidentally, is downright horrendous)

Yes, it does... As to how do I know... Well that would be a long story of a cross-dressing Lumberjack (really) and a road trip through the back woods of Washington State and one very confused elk...
it is said that everyone has at least one good article inside of them, waiting to be published. I sure as hell would love to read this one.
Mad Poster
#213 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
it is said that everyone has at least one good article inside of them, waiting to be published. I sure as hell would love to read this one.

I don't think that anybody wants to hear my personal bestseller, Getting A Rental Car Stolen In Rural France With No Ride to the Airport III.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#214 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 9:29 AM
Aww, has Lester managed to find love? That's something I didn't think was possible for the Scumthorpe children...

I love how you don't even have to feature Sprog to freak us all out :p

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Forum Resident
#215 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 11:21 AM
Does Sprog have commitment issues? If not, Leeza Barcon wants to add him to her daisy chain.
I'm convinced the only reason she's not doing her older brother, is her older brother.
Scholar
#216 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:41 PM
I love how Lester looks like he's blushing in that last one! <3

Oh, Lolita, try not to push your brothers patience too far... You know what runs in the family...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#217 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 2:28 PM
Holy fuck it feels like ages since I last posted anything longer than a few sentences. Been meaning to post some shit for a while and never got round to it, so might as well while I'm here. I have a small pictures backlog actually, but I won't be posting them all right now, otherwise you guys will have to learn how to safely climb the Great Wall of Text.

So shortly after discovering that male aliens actually do look different from lady aliens, Athena decided to throw a slumber party. She invited several people over, including Carrie and Lolita (I had a go at making them myself rather than harassing Mingham for once :P) and potential future teenage love interests for the twins.

There was absolutely no reason for this, Lolita just decided out of nowhere FUCK YOU PEANUT.

As meanwhile Oedipus grows up to the sounds of fighting.

Ohhhkay...time to install that no fucky hair/eye colours mod.

Much better!

Lolita for Christ's sakes no get out of that puddle THAT IS NOT WATER.

Athena and Rachael became super best friends inexplicably when I threw the slumber party. No idea why or how, so decided to make them enemies again, and Athena, having the coward trait, wet herself.

Best sleeping spot.

Marion also fell pregnant again. With - thankfully - their last child now. So let's have a look at what EA thought an expecting mother should wear.

...Well shit.

I tried to take a family picture, bar Nicolas and Oedipus because none of them could be arsed to pick them up and include them. It was actually a pain in the ass to get them all to perform an animation at the same time, so sod it.

What is that. Seriously. What the fuck is that growing out of my floor? O_o

...Oh. Uh, welcome to the family, Aliana...!

Also, Lennard has been focusing less on hunting unless it's a full moon, and more on inventing. A useful skill to have when you're a neglectful parent and can't be fucked to clean your baby. Instead just chuck down some floor hygienators and be done with it. Magic the poop away!

WHOOMPH

Please add a pyrophobic trait EA. I want to give it to every single one of these fucking unlucky bastards.

"Oh Goddamn it my ass is on fire. I just can't be bothered with this shit any more."

OH GOD MY ASS FUCKING HURTS NOW

Lennard why did you put on your suit first for fuck's sake. You're only going across the hall!

MAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY, MY BUTTOCK HAIR IS BURNING

FUCKING MOVE

Oh no no, that's fine. After you. I'm only going to die over here, no big deal.

He made it into the shower eventually thankfully and was able to extinguish himself with no further consequences than being unable to sit down for a month, and then a realisation hit him.

'That fucking maid tried to kill me.'

'Uh oh, I think he's onto me.'

'Damn right I am.'

Forum Resident
#218 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
I love how Lester looks like he's blushing in that last one! <3

Oh, Lolita, try not to push your brothers patience too far... You know what runs in the family...

That would be sharp knives, blood, fire,and other assortment of mayhem.. Those are on the good days.
Instructor
#219 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 5:05 PM
This may seem like a dumb question but how would you start a family like the Scumthorps?
Do you just make a family of crazies and go from there?
Scholar
#220 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 6:20 PM
I love the faces on the triplets, just brilliant, what are their traits that make them do these things?
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:58 PM
Ahahaha! <3 That pleading espression on Lester's "totally sincere" face... I'm gasping for breath here. :D

Intersecting modular stairs.
Forum Resident
#222 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 9:51 PM
I fear for the young lady in question that Lester "likes"... As to date Lester ideas on how to show appreciation has generally ended with screaming and blood on the walls..

Though in all seriousness there is nothing that says the young lady really has any feeling past pity and a BIG maybe of friendship. Which doesn't bode well for this ending on any kind of a happy note.......
#223 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
. And Desecrate just uploaded a Death Note mod, which is just begging to be used as her own personal Little Girl Diary of Doom...
I was wondering how soon we would see this in your game. "Dear Diary, little Betty Sue made fun of my hair today. What horrible things should I make happen to her?"
Forum Resident
#224 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 10:40 PM
Mingham here is to hoping that Lester little black heart is not broken... Other wise.. I am thinking Sprog is going to have competition...
Scholar
#225 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 11:24 PM
Goodbye world, for we are all doomed as Sprog now has access to an object that can kill whoever he chooses. He doesn't even have to get out of bed.
Page 9 of 332