Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Triplis
Since Scumbumbo hasn't been around lately (that I'm aware of) and I have some familiarity with the tool, I looked into this being broken after the September 5th patch. Deaderpool ended up pointing me in the direction of what had changed in the official code causing the error I was seeing and I applied what appears to be the needed fix to the mod. What was broken seems to be working now.

So I'm posting a message to share the fixed version, one the injector itself and one the modder's documentation, including the uncompiled files with the one I changed.

If you are a modder, I recommend testing this with your mods that need it before notifying people about the change. That way if there's something still broken that I missed, you can catch it first.

- Triplis

Hi Triplis!

Can I include the script file in my mod for download here on MTS (crediting you in the description)? Or should I just include the download link for your mod in my mod description?
Mad Poster
#102 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 5th Oct 2019 at 3:48 PM.
I realise I am not Triplis and cannot answer for them but I would suggest linking here would be best practice in case it needs another update in the future. That way you won't accidentally be providing players with outdated scripts.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I realise I am not Triplis and cannot answer for them but I would suggest linking here would be best practive in case it needs another update in the future. That way you won't accidentally be providing players with outdated scripts.

Good suggestion! That's what I will do then. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#104 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 12:59 AM
Thank you, Triplis!
Test Subject
#105 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 6:40 PM
I have not been able to get this to work. I followed the instructions and extracted both files into my mods folder directly but when I play my game, I don't get any of the testing actions.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VixenThief
I have not been able to get this to work. I followed the instructions and extracted both files into my mods folder directly but when I play my game, I don't get any of the testing actions.

Are you using the version from the main download page or the updated version by Triplis on page 4?

Field Researcher
#107 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 3:34 AM
Are you using the version from the main download page or the updated version by Triplis on page 4?

Update version Xml Injector from page 4 it causing the Last exception.
Test Subject
#108 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 9:30 PM

I downloaded the version 2 zip from this mod's download tab. I don't understand what you mean by page 4 or Triplis.
Mad Poster
#109 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VixenThief
I downloaded the version 2 zip from this mod's download tab. I don't understand what you mean by page 4 or Triplis.

The version available from the download tab is outdated. Triplis is another forum member and has updated the mod so that it works again. It can be downloaded from their post on page four of these comments. This is page five so you need to go back one to find it.

Test Subject
#110 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 7:00 PM
The version available from the download tab is outdated. Triplis is another forum member and has updated the mod so that it works again. It can be downloaded from their post on page four of these comments. This is page five so you need to go back one to find it.

Ah ok. Im new to modding with scripts and dont look at the comments much, thank you for the help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:25 PM
for some reason I cant workout or cook with this mod in and im using the page 4 update workout works when I take it out but I still cant cook I don't know what I am doing wrong or why its happening is anyone having this problem??
Test Subject
#112 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 1:24 AM
Help
Quote: Originally posted by Triplis
Since Scumbumbo hasn't been around lately (that I'm aware of) and I have some familiarity with the tool, I looked into this being broken after the September 5th patch. Deaderpool ended up pointing me in the direction of what had changed in the official code causing the error I was seeing and I applied what appears to be the needed fix to the mod. What was broken seems to be working now.

So I'm posting a message to share the fixed version, one the injector itself and one the modder's documentation, including the uncompiled files with the one I changed.

If you are a modder, I recommend testing this with your mods that need it before notifying people about the change. That way if there's something still broken that I missed, you can catch it first.

- Triplis

Even though it works for most people I still need help fully downloading it I have the WinRAR and I bring the file over, yet it still wont work for me.
Test Subject
#113 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 11:22 AM
MCD is telling me that the script file is a broken mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 9:50 PM
this is a great mod but it's not working for me
Test Subject
#115 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 12:20 AM
Default Help

That version wont work for me
Test Subject
#116 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 12:16 PM
Thank you to Triplis for fixing the mod, it would be great if it could get updated again. The version on page 4 doesn't work for me, it gives me a ton of last exception files.
Test Subject
#117 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 7:50 PM
so whenever i try to open the website on which you download the mod, the page doesn't load at all? it just shows me an empty page.
it tells me it's taking too long to load. i have tried deleting my cache, cookies, tried incognito mode, tried a different browser but absolutely nothing works.
Test Subject
#118 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 2:29 PM
Has this been updated for the latest patch? Because I only see the September update.
Test Subject
#119 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 3:15 PM
Hi, according to Mod Conflict Detector, this mod is no longer working with the latest patch! Please let me know when it's fixed
Test Subject
#120 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 7:53 PM
With this installed, my game was crashing to the desktop when I created a new Sim and tried to start playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#121 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 9:45 PM
This mod is working for me on patch 1.58 and Discover Uni...not sure why others are having issues? This is using Tripilis' version a few pages back.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
This mod is working for me on patch 1.58 and Discover Uni...not sure why others are having issues? This is using Tripilis' version a few pages back.

It’s working for me too.
Test Subject
#123 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Tyllevas : 19th Nov 2019 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon

EDIT: My sincerest apologies, I have identified the culprit, and this mod is not it!

Old text: It's not working for me! At least, I think this is what's causing the problem - my game closes whenever I load a family to play. I removed all mods (not cc), and now it works. I have so many mods that I haven't bothered to put them in some at a time.. basically waiting for all teh updates (and to all the modders out there, I love you 3000! :lovestruc )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 2:31 PM
The interactions are not getting injected on the computer anymore though (not even the test one is there)
Mad Poster
#125 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
The interactions are not getting injected on the computer anymore though (not even the test one is there)

Are you using the version from the download page or the update by Triplis on page 4 of the comments?

Speaking of, @Triplis might it be a good idea for you to upload your update to its own thread where people can more easily find a currently functioning version? Scumbumbo has been absent for 6 months now.

Page 5 of 8