Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:17 PM
Default How to remove skill modifiers from custom traits
Hi everyone!

So I'm rather new to TS4 (yeah, I was reaaaaally bummed when it first came out, and that 'vaccinated' me for years, but I figured it's been a while, they've made a lot of updates to the game, let's try again, and now I love it!), and I don't have a lot of modding experience, although I did fiddle around in S3PE a bit.
I would like to add custom traits to my game, and there are sooooo many good ones out there, but I'd rather not have skill modifiers inluded (or not too nerfed, at least).
Is there a way to take a custom trait someone made and edit it to change the skill modifiers? (I wouldn't share them, of course, and I would offer the original my edit in case they wanted to put it up)

Have a nice day
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 6:16 PM
Yes, just open the file in Sims4Studio and make your changes. Are you wanting to completely remove skill modifiers or switch out the ones it is adjusting?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Yes, just open the file in Sims4Studio and make your changes. Are you wanting to completely remove skill modifiers or switch out the ones it is adjusting?

All right! I learned about Studio yesterday (to apply recolours), and is it me or can it do almost anything?! I'm almost not joking though, it seems rather user friendly, especially with all the tutorials out there (one of the advantages of getting into a game much later )

I'd like to know how to do both, I guess, so I'll fiddle around and see!

(and maybe come back to beg for help if it's not as easy as I'm hoping ^^')

Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 1:06 PM
Well, here I am, I'm stuck again!
I can't make sense of all the "Sim Data" and "Statistic Tuning"

Also, I didn't find this info by googling, but do we have a number for the maxis traits' skill modifiers? I don't want to have overpowering traits, but I don't want to cheat my sims either!
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 5:40 AM
TYSM for the help
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Holoqueen
Well, here I am, I'm stuck again!
I can't make sense of all the "Sim Data" and "Statistic Tuning"

Also, I didn't find this info by googling, but do we have a number for the maxis traits' skill modifiers? I don't want to have overpowering traits, but I don't want to cheat my sims either!

The SimData's are paired with files of the same name and instance, they hold some of the same data that are on the UI (so like names, descriptions, etc.). For skill modifiers you can ignore SimDatas. You shouldn't need to look at the Statistics either, just the traits, or buffs, themselves (I think it's actually in buffs, can't remember). No number for the skill modifiers either, it's guesswork.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon