Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 2:00 AM
Can you help me disallow an interaction when a certain buff is present?
Hello everyone! This is my first post on modthesims

I have a custom buff i made as part of a mod and want to make it so that when the buff is present, a certain interaction is disabled. I already figured out how to blacklist the interaction with the buff, but that just makes it dissapear entirely.
Something i would really like would be for it to show, but have it "greyed out" and with a little tooltip when you hover it (kinda like when you want your sim to propose but it says you can't because the friendship level is not high enough). I can't find any references for that that involve a buff, only a mood/skill level/relationship.

Do you think something like this is possible? or should i settle for just having the interaction dissapear?

Thank you for any help
PD sorry if this is complicated to read, i'm a spanish speaker
PPD I love these emoticons
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 4:37 AM
Is this a custom interaction or an EA interaction? If it's custom you just need to add a test with a tooltip into the Test Globals section. If it's EA, you could do the same but then that would be an override and cause conflicts.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 12:34 AM Last edited by flanchispa : 11th Apr 2021 at 12:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Is this a custom interaction or an EA interaction? If it's custom you just need to add a test with a tooltip into the Test Globals section. If it's EA, you could do the same but then that would be an override and cause conflicts.

Hi! It's an EA interaction (i'm not too worried about conflicts right now). The thing is, i'm still pretty new to modding and have never made my own test outside of Mod Constructor (that's why i was searching for a reference, but i was only looking at interaction tuning files and that didn't really tell me what i needed) . Since my last post and with your help i realised i should make something like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="TestSetInstance" i="snippet" m="event_testing.tests" n="testSet_Fitness_PulledMuscle" s="97371">
  <L n="test">
    <L>
      <V t="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <L n="blacklist">
            <T>31362<!--buff_Object_Fitness_VeryFatigued--></T>
          </L>
          <E n="subject">Actor</E>
          <V n="tooltip" t="enabled">
            <T n="enabled">0xF02BD818<!--¡{0.SimFirstName} no puede hacer ejercicio con un tirón muscular!--></T>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>
    </L>
  </L>
</I>

And then have it show up in the test globals section like this:

Code:
    <V t="test_set_reference">
       <T n="test_set_reference">97371<!--testSet_Fitness_PulledMuscle--></T>

If that's right? But i still don't know
a) What to do to make my own tooltip. I can make one for a custom interaction through Mod Constructor and it translates it to that little code (what would be >0xF02BD818 in the example above), but when it comes to doing it for an EA interaction i'm lost
b) What to put as my reference for the test (what would be s="97371" in the example). Do i just make up a number?

Hopefully that made sense. I have a feeling i might be too much of a newbie for you, still have a lot to learn! But thank you for the reply
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 8:28 PM
That's one way to do it.
1. The tooltip is a string, follow this tutorial on adding a custom string table to your file and to make a custom string. BUT if you are using MC then it probably already made a string table for you, in that case skip to the part about making the string itself.
2. You have to clone a testset, add in the info you want to test for like the example you found (and your new string), then reference the tuning ID/s= in that 97371 spot. The tuning ID is on the Data tab, the s= is on the XML tab. This tutorial will cover cloning and explain the tuning ID concept.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
That's one way to do it.
1. The tooltip is a string, follow this tutorial on adding a custom string table to your file and to make a custom string. BUT if you are using MC then it probably already made a string table for you, in that case skip to the part about making the string itself.
2. You have to clone a testset, add in the info you want to test for like the example you found (and your new string), then reference the tuning ID/s= in that 97371 spot. The tuning ID is on the Data tab, the s= is on the XML tab. This tutorial will cover cloning and explain the tuning ID concept.

Wow, thanks so much! I have been really busy lately but i think this is all i need to finally finish. Your tutorials look awesome