Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Color Binning Tool 0.2.30.1

by Theo Posted 28th Apr 2006 at 7:14 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 199 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:56 PM
Thank you so much. This is really usefull

These boots are made for walking...
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 1:37 AM
Thnk YOU! You are my saviour! Awsome! Now I can bin all my content! Be prepared MTS2!
Test Subject
#153 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:44 PM
I know this is a stupid question more than likely but... I have my downloads sorted, I have meshes in a folder and hair textures in a folder. Before I begin color binning, how do I know which texture goes with which mesh if it's not clearly marked in the name by the creator, and what if the mesh creator is different from the texture creator and therefore have different names?
Instructor
#154 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 4:21 PM
I love it - It's very simple to use and does the job quickly. Thank you so very much for creating this useful tool plug-in.

Debra
Forum Resident
#155 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 9:53 PM
thank you, theo!
Test Subject
#156 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:59 PM
Rightttt
im completely new to this
and
im confused..
do i need to get 'simPE0.6' and if so where do i get it :\
I have sims 2 & the teen style stuff expansion pack, is that all i need?
Argh
Help please?
Thankssss x
Test Subject
#157 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 4:25 PM
Thanks for this program. I can now color bin all my custom hair.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 9:11 PM
I have trouble with new recoloured peggyhairs not showing up in bodyshop at all
after binning them, so they still only work in the custom bin in bodyshop..
It`s the same thing with some other recolours i tried to bin too.
Test Subject
#159 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 2:46 AM
Has anybody tried this with Bon Voyage and SimPE .62?

You look sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that have been rolled up to a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hi Theo, I've just color binned a haircut for the first time,
so thanx a lot for the handy program!

Love and hugs XxX
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 6:05 PM
You are an absolute lifesaver. I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out how to move hair from one bin to another. This plug in is so easy to use and it works beautifully. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#162 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:06 PM
HEY my dad loves pink floyd!
Field Researcher
#163 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:59 PM
So I guess if all your hairs are mixed up in one folder and you have no idea what's what, then you can't really use this tool, right?
Test Subject
#164 Old 26th May 2008 at 5:30 PM
thanx so much,it really a great work 4 us

I am not 100% fluent, but at least I am improving.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starfleetcadet
So I guess if all your hairs are mixed up in one folder and you have no idea what's what, then you can't really use this tool, right?

I started over from scratch binning and as I binned I placed them in a new folder in my Hair Colors named "binned" and then I used sub folders to arrange them according to creator. It took a VERY long time to do this and even now I still find hair that I missed somehow. I am slowly trying to find those mis-binned ones. lol
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:59 PM
Wow! This looks like it's a great program! I'm absolutely going to give this a shot when I get home! I was so disappointed to find out that 50% of the amazing hair meshes/textures I've downloaded over the past few months weren't binned, and that's why they weren't showing up
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 8:19 PM Last edited by WolfoftheNyght : 2nd Jul 2008 at 8:27 PM.
This tool looks like it has a TON of potential.. maybe I'm doing something wrong however. I have version .66 of SimPE (the newest one) and the applet opens and functions with no issues However, once I finish binning hair and save the file, it saves it, puts it in a folder, then I open the Body shop, and it's still not binned! I have the options set as follows:

Under 'Output' I have 'Generate One package' checked and nothing else.

Now, when I open up the one package file that I generate, all the colors show up under the 'red' tab. Not sure why this is. I'm going to try and package them seperatly
and have the 'Rename Files' option checked. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

Edit: The ones I am trying to do are some XM recolors (by XM). I tried it the way I mentioned above, and still no results. They still show up in the custom bin. : /
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:47 PM
Thanks for this great tool! If you're still testing, and would like input, I have some...

Currently when doing a 'Save As' the filename portion of the pop up is blank -
I would like the 'Save As' filename to default to the original filename, so that I can just type 'BIN' at the end of the original filename to save...
Hope that makes sense... Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#169 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 4:24 AM
Again thanks for this great tool. I use it so much LOL. One problem that I have gotten lately is that I open the hair that was created in BS then go to bin it, and tada it is vanished. The file is disabled and there is no other copy of the new binned file. I thought possibly I had it assigned to the wrong folder, etc, but I can't find anything wrong in that department.

I am utterly confused since as I said I have never ever had a problem with it. I tried to restart simPE, restart the computer and same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Mad Poster
#170 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 8:33 PM
I sooo need to use this program as my custom hair bin is full to the brim with hairs that should be binned. There are lots of very nice hairs in there that I never use because it's so hard to find anything! lol However, I was thinking it would probably be best to wait for the newest (AL) version of SimPE, or does compatibility with my newest EP not matter for just binning hair?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#171 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Numenor : 19th Sep 2008 at 9:36 AM.
The binning tool has been stripped from SimPE because Theo doesn't support it any longer, and it has caused problems with the latest SimPE versions. It's a plugin that needs to be constantly updated, so to take in account the changes made by the various EP.

However, if you make a full backup of your save-game folder, you can try yourself (using the current SimPE or even an older version) if this plugin still works for you.

EDIT:
You could try using old SimPE v.0.66, downloadable from this page, that still contains the binning tool.
But again I advice you to make a full backup of your "Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Space Pony
#172 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Cazkiwi : 27th Sep 2008 at 12:11 AM.
Rosawyn, I was using it fine with the K&B version of Simpe.
However, the AL SimPE just came out, so I'll check how it goes..

** Edit **

Just tried it, works fine with the AL SimPE too (However, the new SimPE seems to load a lot slower and be more of a resource hog than normal, but hey, I can live with that)

However, yes, I could colour-bin just fine and works in game no problems on my side.

** /Edit **

I LURVEEE this tool.. instead of having a mesh and 10 diff colours and billions of files, I only have 2 files for each hair now.. the mesh file, and the recolours file containing binned 5-6 of the colours I want (black, brown, blonde, red, grey and a custom if I like)... so much easier to find stuff and know if I have that hair too! Wonderful tool!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:08 PM
Just dropped by to say that I couldn't live without this. Thank you. So. Much.

"With the cold Northern Wind we travel
We're on a journey of a lifetime
And we'll fight many battles on our way"
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:23 PM Last edited by LongTallSally : 27th Oct 2008 at 3:11 AM.
I tried this in v. 0.66 and in the AL version and it doesn't work in either. :-/ I hope someone updates this or creates a new similar tool, because I have a ton of new badly binned hair that I want to fix. I miss this tool.

EDIT: Have also tried it with the other 0.66+ versions, and it doesn't work with any of them. Guess I'll have to try the old-fashioned way in SimPE.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to work with 0.66 as long as you uncheck "Rename files" under Output in the Options tab. It's a bit of a pain to rename each of the files yourself, but I'm too happy about having the tool back to care.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Test Subject
#175 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:45 AM
For my hairs binned under custom, The thumbnail for the hair and the sim show uo correctly, but on the acctual sim in the game - the hair is showing up as the orrigional base color from which it was created?
Page 7 of 9