Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 10:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartmentdoor doormat pitch black?
I don't really know why it happens, but this has happened since I started playing the sims. The doormat on most of the apartmentdoors just turns pitch black in live mode.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Are you trying to use an invisible recolor of the door mat? Because if so, then all you see is the shadow mesh, which is black.

nope I have no recolors or replacements of the mat or door
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shotshotshotshot
I don't really know why it happens, but this has happened since I started playing the sims. The doormat on most of the apartmentdoors just turns pitch black in live mode.

I'm having a very similar issue except both furniture and sims within the apartment seems to glitch out too. It's never the apartment of the family I'm playing, and it's usually only one apartment on the lot.
If my sims go inside the apartment to visit the neighbor, they become blacked out. I can still have my sims interact with objects and other sims within the apartment. If my playable sims or the NPCs leave the apartment, they return to normal.

I didn't have this issue until I recently did a fresh reinstall of the game. I do have some mods, but they didn't cause this issue until I completed the reinstall.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
Screenshots