Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:37 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 12th Jul 2020 at 9:26 PM.
Default How would I fix errors like this?
Sooo I still have this download from now-deleted toothfairyundermypillow. I assume they deleted the download link because the items had many problems and threw errors whenever you would try and place them with testingcheats on. Some of the items have already been converted by other simmers by now, but I've been holding onto this download bc I wanted to try and see if I could perhaps fix them myself. The errors that pop up looks like this:

When I opened the file in SimPE it had many weird resources. I attached one of the problematic files (and the error log seen in the image), all files seem to throw the same error. How I would fix this? Or is it easier for me to just clone new objects and simply replace the gmdc and the GUID etc?

Edit: removed files.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jul 2020 at 6:29 PM.
Do you happen to know what this item is supposed to do?

If it doesn't have any spesific functions outside of being a deco item, you could just extract the mesh and texture, and then make a new clone of an actual wallhanging and fix it that way (Less chance of any problems hitching a ride with it, and you'd be able to make a better functioning wallhanging). That's what I'd do, anyway.

I'm not an expert (by any means) when it comes to BHAVs, but I can't find anything else than placement BHAVs and such (and they're in a resource called "SG: Init" which I've never seen before - usually it's called just Init or Function Init, so that's a bit strange). I'm guessing they probably did some trickery to make it behave more as a wallhanging, and there'smost likely something they did that's causing the file to fail. Why they'd clone the fruitbowl to make a wallhanging? No idea, but it does sound like a lot of extra work for no gain... :/

I'm guessing some of the other files could have similar problems. You happen to have that full file? I'm curious to see if that "SG: Init" is present in more files than just this one. That could potentially be the culprit.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:40 PM
I have no idea tbh, I'm thinking the deco isn't supposed to do anything at all. Perhaps it's as simple as tfairy just cloning the files from the wrong "type" like you mentioned? I guess I'll clone from the right "thing" and just swap mesh etc :-) thank you for the answer!

Edit: sorry, I didn't see all of your message! Yes I have the full download, but there's a lot of files. If you want me to share it I can do that :-)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:19 PM
Maybe that's what causing problems, then? I've never seen wallhangings needing diagonal meshes.

(I don't tinker a lot with doors/windows and other build items that use diagonals, which probably explains why I can't remember having seen the SG init resources).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:33 PM
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 8:49 PM
It does look like there are a lot of strange things going on in that file, possibly not just the BHAVs (routing slots, and various other things - I'm not sure what can cause problems for a wallhanging-wannabe file). The item is cloned from a fruitbowl, but seems to have been partly (possibly wrongly) set to work as a wallhanging via the SG Init BHAV. The safest would probably be to remake the file (and any others with similar issues). You can most likely reuse the GUIDs, but make sure you remove all traces of the original objects before you put the fixed items in.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 9:25 PM
Thank you both for replying! I think I'm just going to clone new objects, replace the meshes etc and re-use the guids :-)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 10:16 PM
Make sure you clone objects with the intention of making what they're supposed to be (clone a wallhanging if the item is supposed to be one, or a scculpture/deco item if the item is supposed to be one). Otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

Some people can probably make something completely different out of "any" file, but until you aquire that level of skill, it's probably best to keep it simple (if in doubt, that's usually what I tend to do...)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 11:27 PM
Yes! That's what I'm planning on doing :-) thank you!
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've only ever seen the SG -Init for diagonal things.

I don't know what SG stands for but all standard doors use it, (Function - Init x,x SG) where x,x is the tile.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maybe that's what causing problems, then? I've never seen wallhangings needing diagonal meshes.

There is no reason for wall-hangings not to be diagonal enabled, I have several that are. If you are interested in seeing one CJH_LCDadvertSign.zip (2.6 MB) contains two LCD advertising signs for commercial lots, a single tile one for §518 and a two tile one for §1,222. They are packaged together because they share recourses. Both are diagonal enabled and the large one (intended for outdoors) contains an lod90 mesh so the screen will also light up and animate in N'hood view.