Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 11:39 PM
Default RE Replacing Files/Screenshots Problem
There was an issue with one of my items (floor lamp) identified after uploading to the site; earlier today I resolved the issue, created new zip.files and took new screenshots to show the item is now displaying correctly.

I edited the upload and started with the new zip.file with the six items and clicked replace on the zip.file. I then, added six separate zip.files of the items and it looked as if they were all there.

Next I used the screenshots tab and choose to replace the nine screenshots (one by one) with the new version of the floor lamp for each color. The system did move each pic in turn to the end of the screenshots. It was only at the end, when moving them to their numbered position, I discovered that the original screenshots had not been replaced. I then just decided to remove these pics and add the new ones.

Finally I updated the description to advise of what I had changed and submitted the changes - should I be submitting the changes at each section before moving on to the next?
When I looked over the edited upload, I made a small change to the description and that was when when I noticed the zip.files were not showing - subsequently I just added the zip.files and submitted changes and it seems okay now but I thought I should bring this to your attention.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 9:13 AM
How exactly did you replace the images? Did you remove the old ones and then add the new ones or..?

When you say the zip files where not showing, I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the replaced ones? What wasn't showing the correct details?

Sorry for the questions, I just need to understand the workflow here more so I can debug it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
How exactly did you replace the images? Did you remove the old ones and then add the new ones or..?

When you say the zip files where not showing, I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the replaced ones? What wasn't showing the correct details?

Sorry for the questions, I just need to understand the workflow here more so I can debug it.

I hope this explains it better:-
I clicked on "Edit" then the tab for Files. (At that time there was only one zip.file that contained the six items in the set).
I clicked on the blue tab to "Replace", which opened the Drop files, went to the location on my desktop for the zip.file with the revised six items and opened it. This was followed by adding the six individual zip.files.
At that point all 7 zip.files were visible - so I moved to the tab to edit the screenshots. Should I have clicked the "save and continue later" before moving to the screenshot tab?

I clicked on blue "Replace Image" tab, which opened the Drop files, went to the location on my desktop for the revised images and opened it. As I replaced each image, the image I had just revised moved to the end of my screenshots. All my images are numbered, so at the end of replacing the 9 screenshots, I wanted to move them back to their numbered position and that was when I noticed that none of them had actually been replaced with the new image. Because I had saw this, I decided just to remove the screenshots for the floor lamp and add the revised screenshots.

Then I had to update the description to advise of the new information, then I clicked on the green "Submit Changes" button. Formerly, this would take you out of Edit mode and into View the upload but I was still in Edit mode. The description had been updated but I did change it slightly and clicked on green "Submit Changes" button again. That was when I noticed there was still only one zip.file and that zip.file was the last zip.file that I added (co-incidentally the floor lamp!) and not the one I replaced. To fix the zip.files, I added the other six files.

Yesterday at 7.46 GMT, I tried replacing the cover image (which I had forgot needed a revised image too), but as you see it has not been changed. I decided to leave it to allow you to have a look at it.
This is the upload https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=656708
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for the details. I'll check out the workflow with a test upload and see if I can replicate it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:56 AM
Same thing happened to me with my newest upload. Hopefully you find a solution.