Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 2:30 AM
Default What is your hack of choice for getting sims to shut up and eat sometimes/not overeat/not eat spoiled food/etc?
I have one of these hacks that I installed absolute yonks ago and it's very old and doesn't work very well, but I never cared enough to actually upgrade it to the latest and greatest thing. This wouldn't matter, except that the next thing on my to-do list involves overriding the same function that's in all these various hacks, so I want to know what people actually use these days so that I know what to make it compatible with. And I want to upgrade to something newer and shinier myself. So, what do you use for this, and what are its features?

Specifically: this is the "Eat - _Loop" that is BHAV 0x2002 in group 0x7F8834C8. Hacks that change how food poisoning works do not usually override this.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 2:55 AM
I only use eat more-talk less, but I don't know if its working or not.
https://modthesims.info/d/94886/eat...reating-v2.html

I want all of what that does but on all lots and I am not even sure if it affected res lots or not.
i never used 'no eat crap' since I am more of the mind that if you eat crap you pay the consequences.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:00 AM
Interesting, that is the old, possibly semifunctional one that I have, too. Although I am curious about what you dislike about noeatcrap, since the mod you linked advertises basically all of the same features.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I only use eat more-talk less, but I don't know if its working or not.
https://modthesims.info/d/94886/eat...reating-v2.html

I want all of what that does but on all lots and I am not even sure if it affected res lots or not.
i never used 'no eat crap' since I am more of the mind that if you eat crap you pay the consequences.

I think that does work. I really feel like sims eat seriously when they're hungry.
Link Ninja
#5 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 6:50 AM
I use a mod so they don't overeat unless they are lazy personality. I guess it also makes them less talkative if they are in a hurry or have other needs to be met.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1500.0

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Interesting, that is the old, possibly semifunctional one that I have, too. Although I am curious about what you dislike about noeatcrap, since the mod you linked advertises basically all of the same features.

I thought no eat crap prevented all sims always eating off food.

This one only very sloppy sims or starving sims will eat spoiled food. I don't think I even noticed that point when I downloaded, I simply wanted them to eat a little faster.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:11 PM
I have Pescado's noeatcrap also, and like it. I also have some mod that is supposed to make them stop talking so they eat faster.. but it doesn't do what I want. Toaster pastry takes 30 min to eat?!. I wonder if certain food (like pastry, cereal, sandwitches) can be made to take less time to eat than food that takes more skill to make. And nothing should take an hour. Now I want to go check: do all foods take the same time to eat? Half hour?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:31 PM
I realized I micromanage this when playing the Sims.

When I had the (broken) Store Edition installed that allowed putting leftovers in the refrigerator even without whatever expansion it was introduced , I'd get someone to put leftovers in the refrigerator as soon as they were done eating.

Since I've been using just Double Deluxe for a while now, I realized leftovers don't spoil if they're put into someone's inventory. So I do that.

Sometimes food that's made on community lots spoil, and sometimes someone comes to put it in the garbage. Sometimes, I'll load a lot I haven't played in a while and see someone got food poisoning or is otherwise sick. I figure these are Sims, sometimes inadvertent mishaps lead to other things later.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 10:15 AM
I've got Mods to make sims put their leftovers away autonomously and one to delay the spoiling of food left out by mistake.I also use a Mod to fix how leftovers get put away so a platter gets split into single servings as leftovers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought no eat crap prevented all sims always eating off food.

This one only very sloppy sims or starving sims will eat spoiled food. I don't think I even noticed that point when I downloaded, I simply wanted them to eat a little faster.

It's based on neat points in Pescado's hack, just like in Crammyboy's.
Inventor
#11 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 5:55 PM
The first mod I used was Pescado's No Eat Crap, but got tired of sims getting into a loop where they'll start and stop trying to eat spoiled food. So I switched to Cyjon's No Eat Crap version paired with his No Spoiled Food , which prevents sims from even considering the spoiled food as an option unless they meet certain criteria. Now I'm trying out Crammyboy's mod because I like the addition of nuanced overeating, rather than a strict split of never overeating or always overeating. I haven't used it long enough, though, to have observed if it's working properly or not.
Alchemist
#12 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 12:54 AM
I just use Pescado's No Eat Crap. I guess it works well, too, because I don't have other mods for this issue nor do I notice sims taking forever to eat. Most of my sims tend not to overeat, so I guess I wish a few more sims were more likely to do so, for body diversity. But then I tend to have active sims.

And I rarely notice sims eat spoiled food; usually only the occasional desperate townie on community lots. Which makes sense, I guess, because sloppy doesn't equal stupid. You can be a slob but still think that something that's stinks and radiates green fumes shouldn't get eaten.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 6:25 AM
No eat crap here too. It works fine, never had a problem with it. I had to take it out for my apocalypse challenge though.

If they are talking so much they will be late for work I just cancel the eat interaction. They will eat again at lunchtime anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...