Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#26 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 11:53 PM
I had a lot of fun with this challenge

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 2:49 AM
The hospital gowns are unlockable content, because at some point in my legacy challenge they became available in CAS. But I'm really not sure how to unlock them. None of my Sims were in the medical profession. I'm not sure what triggers the hospital gowns.
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:32 PM
Im having a go at this one, but I don't want a creepy-ugly-asylum... Mine will be more patient-friendly (and "me"-friendly, as I hate dark colors and creepiness in general)...
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 12:16 AM
Okay, so a few hours later... My sim (Neally Normal)'s LTW was achieving the 9th step of the Science career. He was in the "ApaLooney Bin" for 5 weeks and 2 days. The non-playable sims managed to gather 119 skill points all on their own! One of them alone, 29 (nearly as much as my own sim, who had 37 skill points). Anyways, the aftermath for the challenge is 76 points.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 1:00 AM Last edited by SmileyTheHamster : 21st Jul 2012 at 1:02 AM. Reason: I forgot I bought some rewards with my sim's points and added the wrong lifetime reward total :3 hehe
Finished my asylum challenge with 183 points! :D
So, this was my first asylum challenge that I've ever completely played through (Sims 2 and Sims 3) and gosh it was fun!

I think there should have been a set rule for comfort/sleep level of beds because I used the best ones and maybe that helped me A LOT lol. Maybe I missed that if it did say that, and if so oops

I finished with 183 total points! My sim became a Criminal Mastermind in 4 weeks and 3 days, had two friends, and had lots of skills. My non-playable patient sim with the most skills had 24 skill points alone I think it helped having three skill items being instruments and that he was a virtuoso.

Aside from everyone being a bit stinky at times and wetting their pants, this played out much better than my first attempt. n_n A lot of fun! Thank you for recreating the rules for TS3!
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:07 PM
Thanks for posting the rules! ^_^ I'm having a lot of fun with this, although I had to modify it for the Xbox 360 version. With a maximum household of 6 sims, I went with 3 beds, 4 skill items, and 5 seating spots (one being a nappable couch counting as 2 seating spots).

As for buying the "best" bed or fridge or whatever: according to the rules, you technically can (unless it was forgotten). Just remember that should the bed/fridge/toilet/whatever get stolen or destroyed, you can only replace it with the same exact one. So, you better have some decent money around if you put in all expensive stuff. I kinda did that with everything but the beds, oops! But I've so far have gotten lucky with only one fire (that just destroyed the stove so no big deal) and no burglaries.

I'm about half way to my sim's LTW (master guitar and charisma). One of the uncontrollable sims is Riddick (aka the Vin Diesel character), who burned two group meals of mac & cheese and argues with the fridge a lot. I could get through this faster with fast-forward except the other sims are so much fun to watch. XD Like my sim's boss and his wife, who brought their toddler over (to the asylum!?) and then glitched out when leaving, so they were making out while the poor kid screamed and cried and then passed out on the sidewalk. Grade A parenting! O.o;;
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 5:18 PM
I just finnished! It was sooo fun! I managed to get 219 points at the end No cheating :DDDD No repoman visits and I was there for 20 days so not many minus points :3

Now I'm gonna try to do the prefect genetics challange with my sim and se if it works out :P

Wish me good luck! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 1:00 AM
Score: 155 [Good?]

This was my first Asylum challenge lol

Mike and 7 other were committed to the Wallaby Rehab for the Clinically Insane.
I can say it was awesome the "Brooding" trait worked well for many of the inmates making them walk to windows and talk to themselves or sitting on the floor thinking for hours on in lol I had no fires at all, was visited by the repo man once. Being an Alchemist was probably the reason I finished with 2Weeks day 2. But i had lots of fun so now I am going to move my sim out of the Rehab probably with his romantic interest who is also an inmate as they are and see if the generations after can be cure of the insanity of its founders. Let the insane lgacy begin!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Then your main Sim can never leave the house, and will have the Stir Crazy moodlet forever!

Or til it times out after what appears to be 5 days :-s
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 4:50 AM
I think I might move out of my (which is NOW FULL of venues and bars etc) bustling Moonlight Falls and onto an isolated island as Im terrified Ill a) kill one of my normal sims lol or b) I have worlds s****est laptop and I never play with 8 sims for that reason. I think Ill move to isolation island and kill two of them off so theres 6 and remove another bed and chair to compensate. Sound fair enough? Mind, I may get away with 8 sims if Im on Isolation Island like...
Scholar
#36 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 6:23 PM
can washing machines/ dryers/ clotheslines and laundry baskets be brought
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
can washing machines/ dryers/ clotheslines and laundry baskets be brought

Can't see any specifics in the rules but spose the officials were possibly written pre-ambitions. I imagine it would be fairly standard in any asylum that there were laundry facilities but given the rule only buy decor/other non-useful items after challenge started you would have to buy them when setting the asylum up.
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:18 AM
My score was 164. I reached my goal at week 7, day 6 and all my sims were old by that time. One of my sim died at YA stage and have 3 visits from the Repoman. Minimum skill is at 14 points, which is not bad I think. This is my first challenge and I really enjoyed it. Now, off to another challenge! :D
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 9:38 AM
Ah this was such a ride.
I scored 110...I messed up during a fire and two of my sims died
Took 3 game weeks and the highest skill score for the uncontrollable sims was 19 (ironically in my mind he seemed like the least likely to succeed ). The rest had low tens.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:44 AM Last edited by 310175 : 1st Dec 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Question: One of mine got abducted and now there is an alien baby in his future. Do I have to give it up for adoption?

ETA: Nevermind, since this was my first alien abduction, I didn't know I can leave it on the "homeworld".
Field Researcher
#41 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 3:39 AM
i love this challenge its my favorite way to torture sims and still play properly
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai
i love this challenge its my favorite way to torture sims and still play properly

tee hee me too!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:57 PM
In case anyone's still wondering, the hospital gown came with the Ambitions registration reward.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:59 AM
So, I decided to try this challenge and things were going good for about the first four days. My playable sim was doing all of the cooking so none of the other sims ever felt the urge to touch the stove. I caught one sim doing some cooking as well but he didn't set anything on fire either (despite being evil) and even earned some cooking skills. Great. So I get complacent and boom, massive fire. So my sim rushes over like all the others and I manage to get her to call for the fire department instead of freaking out. I'm waiting for the fire department to arive and my playable sim catches fire. Two fire fighters arive and set to put out the stove blaze completely ignoring my sim who is also on fire until finally she dies.

So... how many points do I lose for killing my playable sim...?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by envoy
So, I decided to try this challenge and things were going good for about the first four days. My playable sim was doing all of the cooking so none of the other sims ever felt the urge to touch the stove. I caught one sim doing some cooking as well but he didn't set anything on fire either (despite being evil) and even earned some cooking skills. Great. So I get complacent and boom, massive fire. So my sim rushes over like all the others and I manage to get her to call for the fire department instead of freaking out. I'm waiting for the fire department to arive and my playable sim catches fire. Two fire fighters arive and set to put out the stove blaze completely ignoring my sim who is also on fire until finally she dies.

So... how many points do I lose for killing my playable sim...?
heh i think that probably means start over......
Field Researcher
#46 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:46 AM
i love this challenge but i have gone through 3 different household sets and either i get a really wierd glitch, (when i reloaded one of them my playable sim was invisible and no matter what i did i couldn't get em visible again) or error 12........... i am just gonna work on my 'Mother of the Family challenge' for now cause of my horrible luck.....
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 11:41 PM Last edited by FireBendess : 5th Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM.
I wanna try this with all supernaturals and have the player sim be human; not sure if that's what I'm going to do though. I really like Cat's idea, seems oddly fun.

Edit: Can I use the cow plant?? It'll make things more..... fun.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FireBendess
I wanna try this with all supernaturals and have the player sim be human; not sure if that's what I'm going to do though. I really like Cat's idea, seems oddly fun.

Edit: Can I use the cow plant?? It'll make things more..... fun.
nice idea *goes to restart another asylum challenge and have a cowplant in the back.......* i will test it, though there might be problems with the traits and the cowplant won't eat sims with certain traits....
Field Researcher
#49 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:22 PM
well my main sim is about half-way to finishing and that cow plant is soooo hyped on sugar that i don't think it likes the taste of sim flesh.... they keep giving it lolipops...... im seeing what happens when i put it outside instead of inside maybe have some more dead sims soon.....
Field Researcher
#50 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 8:05 PM
and my final score is 148: within 41 sim days....... now to set her up to do her legacy
Page 2 of 6