Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 8:17 AM
There's a problem for me! : The version of my CAW (which is update) isn't not updated on the patch site... :/ I mean, my CAW version isn't available with the patch version.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#327 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:33 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 12th Mar 2014 at 6:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Titi022002
There's a problem for me! : The version of my CAW (which is update) isn't not updated on the patch site... :/ I mean, my CAW version isn't available with the patch version.

Yes, there seems to be no way to get this to work for the latest version of CAW.

Edited to add: Whoops, figured out how to get this to work! Download "SuperCAW (Compiled)" here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0, then follow the instructions (drop the .exe in your CAW folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool). Click the file to run.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 5:59 PM
Thanks! It works perfect now! :')
Test Subject
#329 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 8:50 AM
I'm wondering if there is a new version of SuperCAW compiled out there. My game version says 1.67 and I have the newest CAW. Tried the compiled version from the simlogical link and it's not running.
Test Subject
#330 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alraune1928
I'm wondering if there is a new version of SuperCAW compiled out there. My game version says 1.67 and I have the newest CAW. Tried the compiled version from the simlogical link and it's not running.

I got stuck at the tortoise merge stage where I was told the patch was outdated.

I'm running CAW version 0.2.0.197
Test Subject
#331 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
Yipee! I tried it again today, did nothing different then last Time, but know my CAW has changed to english, so I guess everything must be up and running.
Test Subject
#332 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:37 AM
The new link to the upload for the SuperCAW (newest version to ITF) is here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/860/

You drag and drop the .exe into your old Create-a-world folder. However, when I tried running the CS exe it wouldn't work, and it would work without crashing by re-using the S3CAW application (as before) and it shows as being successfully updated It's great, has all of the effects (even ITF trains) and the ponds. Thanks very much!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:57 PM
I updated the first post with the link to the archived SuperCAW on Simlogical.

For all running gameversion 1.67, could you please let me know if the 1.63 SuperCAW works for you, and report any problems here? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:18 PM
Hey, does anyone know about SuperCAW and the newest patch? My TS3 is version 1.69.43 and there is a new CAW that works with it. I got the info here: http://simscommunity.info/2016/01/0...-compatibility/

I actually used the old SuperCAW that was for patch 1.67 and it worked.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#335 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflwrs
Hey, does anyone know about SuperCAW and the newest patch? My TS3 is version 1.69.43 and there is a new CAW that works with it. I got the info here: http://simscommunity.info/2016/01/0...-compatibility/

I actually used the old SuperCAW that was for patch 1.67 and it worked.

Direct link is:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

If someone could test the last compiled SuperCAW with this version it would be great.
Lab Assistant
#336 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Direct link is:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

If someone could test the last compiled SuperCAW with this version it would be great.

I have been working with it the last few hours. I'm actually trying to edit Starlight Shores in CAW. I followed a tutorial for that, for some reason after I've got the world imported and saved from s3pe, it opens find in CAW but can't be saved again. I tried it with just CAW and with the SuperCAW and it failed both times. So not sure what the issue is.
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:37 AM
Well I just tried it again and for some reason it's working now. So I used the CAW from the link we mentioned, not SuperCAW. Regular CAW works with the latest update to TS3 so that's good. I may test again with SuperCAW just to make sure I didn't mess up something.
Test Subject
#338 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflwrs
Well I just tried it again and for some reason it's working now. So I used the CAW from the link we mentioned, not SuperCAW. Regular CAW works with the latest update to TS3 so that's good. I may test again with SuperCAW just to make sure I didn't mess up something.

Did it work?
Test Subject
#339 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 1:36 PM
Default TortoiseDiff is now TortoiseSVN?
TortoiseDiff is no longer available at the link in the tut, and instead you get a download link to TortoiseSVN, which seems totally divergent from the instructions you provide. In fact I have not yet succeeded in figuring TortoiseSVN out at all, and so can't complete the last stage of the tut. Anyone know how to make this thing work?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#340 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:43 PM
@AddieP The SuperCAW patches seem to require the same version of TortoiseMerge and ILSpy as were used to create the patch. Therefore, I would recommend that you just download the compiled exe instead of trying to compile your own.

The link to the compiled exe is available in the first post, or from this page:
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/860/

Just backup your current CAW executable, and replace it with the compiled one to have SuperCAW. The compiled exe works for sure with CAW for 1.63 and 1.67, and possibly for the latest CAW version (for 1.69). Try it and let us know if it works for you!
Test Subject
#341 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 7:31 PM
@AddieP The SuperCAW patches seem to require the same version of TortoiseMerge and ILSpy as were used to create the patch. Therefore, I would recommend that you just download the compiled exe instead of trying to compile your own.

The link to the compiled exe is available in the first post, or from this page:
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/860/

Just backup your current CAW executable, and replace it with the compiled one to have SuperCAW. The compiled exe works for sure with CAW for 1.63 and 1.67, and possibly for the latest CAW version (for 1.69). Try it and let us know if it works for you!

The WorldBuilderCS compiled file works! So Super CAW works with WorldBuilderCS 1.63 for CAW 1.69.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#342 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:34 AM
Test Subject
#343 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 4:50 PM
@HSB66691 Thank you!

No problem.
Test Subject
#344 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 1:43 PM
Good morning,
I have Windows 10
1.67 Sims 3 Update
I have Caw Version 0.2.0.31

Windows says, "This app cannot run on your PC" - SuperCaw Complied: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/860/

I have
ILSpy
TortoiseIDiff.exe
TortoiseMerge.exe

I am stuck on: Step 12: Download atavera's patch for CAW from one of these URLs. Make sure you choose the correct patch for your version of CAW!
I cannot find the correct patch for CAW.

Is there any way around this? Am I missing a step? Did I do something wrong? Your help would be greatly appreciated concerning this issue
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#345 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:20 PM
@annieover Don't worry about following the tutorial. If you have downloaded the SuperCAW (Compiled) from your first link, that is not necessary as the compiling is already done for you.

Just put the WorldBuilderCS.exe file in [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and create a shortcut to it. Then run that instead of your usual CAW shortcut.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nning_Super_CAW
Test Subject
#346 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 11:46 AM
Good morning,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I am receiving an error that says, App cannot run on this computer".

I put the worldbuildercs.exe file in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool
I right clicked on worldbuildercs.exe and created a shortcut on my desktop
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#347 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 8:35 PM
@annieover Have you tried running it with administrator privileges? This is a message that usually occurs when trying to run a 16bit program in 64bit OS, so I'm puzzled as to why you're seeing it. Does anyone else have experience with SuperCAW under Win10?
Test Subject
#348 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 10:08 PM
I have tried compatibility mode with many different variations.
I deleted the exe file and tried to re-download from your link provided however now 7z says the file is corrupt and I cannot extract the file
I also tried with WinZIP and it says the same thing as well
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#349 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 10:02 PM
Try clearing your browser download cache and try again. I just downloaded the file and I can extract the executable from the archive just fine. It sounds like something on your PC is preventing you from downloading and running the exe- perhaps an antivirus program sees it as a threat, or maybe a security program is disallowing it? Perhaps this could explain your problems with running SuperCAW too.
Test Subject
#350 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 11:42 PM Last edited by annieover : 1st Apr 2016 at 10:13 AM.
Good evening,

You are correct and thank you very much! I had to turn off net protection in McAfee for this program to run. I really hate anti virus most of the time xD I did however have to turn on my other laptop to extract the file as this Windows 10 laptop will just not accept it Thank you very much for your help as it is much appreciated!
Page 14 of 15