Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 5:20 AM
Default Sims 3 Medieval Challange!
Hi guys! This is my first challenge. Suggestions are welcome, just don't be mean about them, yaknow? It's more of a rough idea for me, and I'm intending for people to shape and make up their own rules as they go along too. I'd like to hear about your experience with this! Feel free to tell me!

SIMS 3 MEDIEVAL CHALLENGE

The purpose of this challenge is to raise your family and live/ work as a medieval family. You don't have to specifically do the whole dragon valley or whatever, you could do this in bridgeport. The essence is to better your family through marriage and subsequent generations, to end up living in a castle.

Preferably you would do this in steps. Not much of a challenge if you just up and marry the richest sim in Twinbrook right away. No fun! Therefore, there are rules.

You should rank sims in your world in terms of their standing/ how much money they make. The only way for your sim to make money is to carry on your family name by marrying richer sims and adding them to your household, building a larger and larger castle. You cannot marry sims of a radically different standing. (For example, you marry an Alto right away.) If you are richer, you could theoretically marry lower, but that won't bring much money into your legacy.

When you have children:

Girls must remain with you until they reach young adult, at which point they must marry out.

A girl may be considered unmarriageable if she has any negative qualities (like, dislikes children, slob, ect) and if she has not cultivated any talents. Talents that are acceptable to cultivate include singing, dancing, paint, instruments, charisma, logic, and cooking. (Although ideally you'd have slaves to do that.) You are not allowed to tinker with her appearance. If she is ugly but has high skills and good traits, her marriageability is still good.

If she doesn't meet any of these criteria, then she must marry down and you get a -5 from your total points.

Male sims, when born, are allowed to remain with the parents until they reach the child stage, at which point they must be sent to boarding school. (It can be whichever you like, but remember he needs to fulfill a role too. . .) When he ages into a teen, he is allowed to return. At this point you must begin looking for a match for him. The marriage rules are the same. He should be talented and attempt to marry up. The firstborn of your children will be the heir, or you can chose to play in a patriarchal or matriarchal manner. Your heir will continue to live on the lot (their spouse will move in) and all other children will be sent away when they marry. The parents will remain on the lot until they die. When the previous heir dies, the new heir is in charge, and so on.

When your sim mother has a baby, you must roll a d20. (You can find them online) Anything over a 10 and she is fine. 5-10 means she is barren after this birth. Anything under 5 means she dies, and the remaining spouse must remarry. Anytime a child is born you must roll a die. Anything over 10 and the child lives. Anything under 10 and it dies. You must also randomize their traits.

When the child reaches the toddler years, you must roll again. Anything over 5 is a lives. Under 5 is a death. When they reach the child stage, roll again. Anything over 2 is a live. Anything under 2 is a death. When they reach the teen years they are safe from this. No re-rolls!

When they pass the young adult age, you must roll for adult. Anything over a 5 lives. When they reach elder you roll again. Anything over a 10 is a live.

You may enact a points system. You get a point for every child you have. You get a point every time the mother or children successfully pass a life stage or a birth. -1 if they die (although any points they are have earned up to this point are safe.)

+5 for marrying successfully! -5 for marrying down. +2 for every $10,000 your lot is worth. +2 for every marriageable child. -5 for every spinster ( a child you do not marry before their death. Only counts once they pass the young adult phase.) +1 for every good trait. -1 for every bad trait. (You decide which are good and which are bad. Hydrophobic, for example, I would count as bad because nobody wants to marry a smelly sim.) +1 for every life wish completed, although that is not the point of the challenge.

+1 for every beautiful sim born! -1 for every ugly sim born. (Again, ugly DNE unmarriageable. But a very attractive sim could attract a good match even if they are lacking in the traits or talent section.)

Set a points goal for yourself if you're using this system, or try to reach 10 generation mark and see how many points you can get!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:39 PM
This is really intricate and very clever in the way it replicates mortality and social structure. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I hate it.