Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ultimate Collection crashes loading into CAS (graphics issue to) and Inhabited Lot
Before you ask, yes I tried the 4GB update patch fix with exe file of mansion & garden, moving it from TSBIN to CSBIn and then trying again to update it by moving it first to update which made the game un-launchable and thus frustation to reinstall it again. I dunno what is wrong with it:

Here's how CAS looks, which I think might be due to graphical issues not supporting CAS so it crashes when trying to create a Sim that also glows like the rug:

Please help

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2021 at 4:50 PM.
The glow problem is most likely an issue with not reading the graphic card/chip properly. Have you set up the GraphicRules and VideoCards files? Just the 4GB fix isn't always enough to get the game running fine.

Could also be caused by not having updated your graphic card if you have a dedicated one, especially a newer card.

(Just so it's mentioned - this particular bug is not, directly anyway, related to the issue where everything shows up fine exept recolors of meshes that lack a line in the mesh comments. They look similar but have different fixes, and it's possible to have both issues at the same time, so if you fix the first issue and the CAS screen itself looks fine but still get some items glowing, that's the second issue).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you set up the GraphicRules and VideoCards files?

No, not sure how tho.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 8:18 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2021 at 8:34 PM.
You can either do it manually or use the graphic rules maker from here: https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

If you want to do a manual edit I'm not sure if there's a good tutorial on all the edits needed. There are guides on editing bits and pieces of the files (resolution, adding your video card, etc.). I'm not sure of the exact spesifics that cause this bug.

Make sure the SimsEP9.EXE file is in the TSbin when launching the game.
(if you're having issues with the 4GB patch not properly applying, try copying the EXE file to the desktop, apply the patch there, and move/paste the file back to the folder. That might work better and with less Windows complaining, except for the "Do you allow this file change?" admin warning. This trick also works for the Bodyshop EXE, by the way - you may want to patch that EXE file as well, if you plan on doing any projects or making sims).
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 10:18 PM
The bright CAS issue can be solved with the cheat boolProp useShaders true, but it may not fix some CC meshes (they look fine in Live Mode, though).
As for Graphics Rules Maker, make sure you force texture memory to whatever your VRAM is, and enable these two options:
  • Disable texture memory estimate adjustment
  • Enable driver's memory manager
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 10:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2021 at 10:58 PM.
^ Didn't think of the cheat...
Anyhow, put it in your userStartup file so you don't have to type it in all the time.

Borked meshes have to be fixed one by one, unfortunately. It's an "easy" fix, you don't need to know how to mesh, but you do need to know/lean very basic import/export/editing in SimPE and Milkshape (not sure if there's an easy fix in Blender?).

Mini tutorial:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:06 PM
Will try these fixes out after I install it again. Though any clues on other methods how the crashes can be fixed?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:18 PM
If you still have your game connected to Origin, you can do "fix game" instead of reinstalling. it's much quicker.

Would maybe hold off on reinstalling every time you encounter a problem. Reinstalling can sometimes cause new problems and takes time. Try fixing the isues first, and if you edit files, make sure to backup the original files before editing so you can replace them if you think you messed up somewhere. That way you can save some time and energy on the reinstalling.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 12:16 AM
Sadly, it's not connected to origin :/