8 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 12:20 AM
Oh, I've never heard of that poem! And I never thought to google the word. Actually that poem (or what parts I'm able to understand) fit in pretty well with the overall storyline of that 'hood.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
Every year or so, I get tired of my Multi-PT pack. I like the facial features, but I want new skins. Is it possible to open my PT's in Body Shop and change the skin color or do I have to get a whole new pack?

Depends on if you have a set of custom skinned PTs or one that uses the default skin - you can change defaults at any time. With the custom skinned versions I'm not sure if you can just change the skins.
Alchemist
#103 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Ah, I see. Yes, I suppose you'd only want that for adult I could do it for you, if you can't get it to work.
Thanks for the offer. I found CatofEvilGenius's binner and that worked.
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Does a ghost have to spawn in order for it to appear in the cemetery?

No. You can move the tombstone to the cemetery right away. If your Sim stays up to the small hours the ghost of the late Sim will spawn.
What I don't recall is whether the ghost will spawn the same night [if there have been only a few hours since he/she died] or the next.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 2:25 AM
From my own experience - most of the time, I send the tombstones over to my graveyard straight away, and ghosts don't spawn unless a knowledge sim lingers on the lot for a few days. Having a grill, coffee bar, and bathroom facilities helps a bit.
Or I just use InSim to summon the ghosts.
Theorist
#106 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 3:20 AM
Build a cemetery like it's a knowledge sim's personal playground, chess tables, darts, dancing and snack machines. They'll hang around and ghosts will spawn after awhile. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 3:20 AM
If your Sim can meditate you don't need anything of the above.
Ghosts do spawn, but it might be a timer between the hour of a Sim's death and his/her ghost's appearance. Mourning family members have their chances increased.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:03 AM
I was going to say telescope - but then the ghosts will probably spawn while the Sim is being abducted
Undead Molten Llama
#109 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Does a ghost have to spawn in order for it to appear in the cemetery? I'm not too sure if that's true....I think I've only had a handful of ghosts spawn on residential lots but I've had other ghosts, who I know for a fact have never spawned before, pop out when I'm at the cemetery. I always send my tombstones straight to the cemetery after a sim dies. (I've hated ghosts since the first game)

Here's the deal:

Ghosts take, on average, three days to spawn. Sometimes they will spawn more quickly than that, sometimes more slowly. (I had one that took 11 days, once.) If the tombstone happens to be struck by lightning, the ghost will spawn right away, even if it's it's daytime. For ghosts on community-lot cemeteries, the issue is that community lots don't save when they are exited by your playable(s), unless the playable in question happens to be the one who owns the cemetery lot. So, if you immediately send graves to a cemetery without allowing the ghost to spawn first, and then send a playable there, the likelihood is that you won't see any ghosts UNLESS your playable spends a lot of time there. You might get lucky because sometimes ghosts will spawn quickly but, like I said, the average is three days...which makes for a long visit but, sure, it can be done fairly easily if you have "facilities" on the lot and don't use Community Time. HOWEVER, after spending all that time on the lot to (maybe) see a ghost, when your playable leaves, the lot resets. So, in order to see ghosts again, you'd have to send a playable there for ANOTHER likely long stretch of time to allow the ghost(s) to spawn again. Which is kind of a pain in the butt given that one of the main reasons why people want cemeteries is so that their Knowledge Sims can see ghosts on them, right? (The exception is Gothier Green Lawns, in the Maxis Downtown, where ghosts for the graves that are there from the get-go are "pre-spawned." However, if you send additional graves there, the above applies to those graves.)

So, what I do is have ghosts spawn before their grave goes to the cemetery. Generally, I leave them on their home lot until the morning after the ghost spawns, at which point I summon the owner of the cemetery (who is always a player-made NPC -- a Sim I create in CAS but who I never play and who is given a prisoner token so that he/she never shows on community lots, eliminating the chance of accidental death while he/she has graves in inventory). I make the gravekeeper selectable with the Sim Blender, and then dump the grave(s) in his/her inventory and then use moveobjects to "delete" them from the lot. And then occasionally, usually once a rotation, I open the cemetery owner's "home lot" (which is just a tiny 1x1 empty lot) to send him/her to the cemetery to place any graves in his/her inventory.

I will also use the gravekeeper's home lot to occasionally do "townie culls" when I want the townie population to age up/die off in order to be better in sync with the playables and so that the game spawns new ones to replace them. (I don't use anti-respawn mods. The more the merrier, for me. So long as you don't have just the base game you can have 32,000-and-some characters in a neighborhood without it going belly up. My main neighborhood has about 750 -- living and dead, and including all strays/wolves, townies, NPCs, etc. -- after 2.5 years of playing it, so...Yeah.) Once done with my aging and killin', I turn off motive decay (aging is always turned off on that lot) and put the game on the highest speed, pull out my Kindle to read something, and wait until all the ghosts spawn before moving all those graves to the cemetery. I've done this a lot over the years, so I can confirm that the three-day average is correct. But yes, it is an average. Sometimes a ghost will spawn the very next night after death. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than that. But generally, it's three days-ish. So, if you choose not to spawn ghosts before graves go to cemeteries, bear that in mind.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:15 AM
What happens if a Sim dies while visiting the graveyard?
Mad Poster
#111 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:17 AM
I imagine in that case the gravekeeper would just pop onto the lot and wait for their ghost to spawn before heading back home again.

Actually, I might take the gravekeeper idea for myself. I'd love to use that Grim Reaper outfit from debug mode but then their head clips through the back. Well, since I'm here: Is there a way to remove a Sim's head so they can wear that outfit without it clipping?
Mad Poster
#112 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:41 AM
Perhaps somebody has made it custom and fixed it - I don't know, you could try to ask in WCIF. Not sure,though, Grimmie would like others wearing his outfit
Undead Molten Llama
#113 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
What happens if a Sim dies while visiting the graveyard?

I can't really say for certain. Whenever I've had a Sim die on a community lot, since I have a buy enabler, I've had a playable put the tombstone in their inventory, take it home, place it on their lot to allow the ghost to spawn, and then summon the gravekeeper as usual. Without doing that, or without using the game's "Move Grave" thing -- which sometimes doesn't work right -- I would think that if the lot is unowned, then the death might never have happened, since those lots don't save. (But I don't know that for certain.) If it's owned, and you're playing the owner of the lot when the death happens, then I would think the grave would remain there, unless you remove it by some means.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Actually, I might take the gravekeeper idea for myself. I'd love to use that Grim Reaper outfit from debug mode but then their head clips through the back. Well, since I'm here: Is there a way to remove a Sim's head so they can wear that outfit without it clipping?

There is a safely playable extracted Grim Reaper floating around out there somewhere. There's a user here -- can't remember their name, alas -- who plays them and also extracted, playable Hula Zombies. If you can find that, you could have Grim Reaper as your gravekeeper with no head clipping.

EDIT: There is this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=196699 but the links on the download description are dead, and I'm not sure exactly what you'd get if you downloaded the Sim without getting those things. Can't really tell if anything's included or not. :\ But you could give it a try and see...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 10:04 AM
In the vanilla game,I had a student die on a community lot, but then she was not there alone, so I could send the other four home. Hanging on to my Sims (dying is very NOT the trend in my hoods) - I did allow two deaths in my hugely overpopulated hood last year. First grave reached the graveyard without any problems. Few days later another one died - and, yes, the grave vanishes completely. (Have all the mods needed). I did everything everybody said I could do, but to no avail. No gravestone, nowhere. No sign of it in the Hoodchecker either. It is just gone. (I have in the meantime backed up that hood, because there are 224+ families, not counting the 18 students in dorms and it has become a bit of work rather than play, but the hood is fine, gravestone or no gravestone).
Field Researcher
#115 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 10:52 AM
The "three days for a ghost to spawn" doesn't tally with my experience. I've got three cemeteries with a substantial number of graves, most of them sent there straight from home within a day of the sim dying. And if one of my living sims pays a visit and hangs around long enough, I get three ghosts, pretty much every time.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 7:09 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 15th Mar 2016 at 7:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't want to do a lot of futzing around in memory, but I don't mind providing a few. I'm most concerned about getting the state and satisfying the LTW - and I'd really rather not poke around in the SWAFs, where even Mootilda couldn't tread with confidence. The mod's a good idea; I'll stick that in.

I found something I think you might be able to use: the Memory Manipulator from the Sim Manipulator site:

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...ory-manipulator

I haven't messed with it much in my game, but I did see several LTW memories on the menus for it. Would this work for you? Get your sim into platinum with the Blender or pizza box and then use the Memory Manipulator to add the specific LTW memory?

EDIT - SimPE probably does that sort of thing much better anyway. I was going to delete this post, but there might be others like me who prefer in-game tools and might find it useful.
Mad Poster
#117 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 2:20 PM
Default Stupid Question ?
Why in Veronaville (in neighbourhood view) is there always loads of traffic on the Italian (West) side of the canal, but hardly any on the English (East) side, where all the pretty Tudor houses are? In my game there's been a lot of commercial development on the Italian side, but, as Maxis made the 'hood, most of the houses are on the English side, with hardly any traffic, while all the cars, taxis and vans are driving round on the West side, where there's almost nothing worth driving to.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 3:16 PM
Well, the roads are quieter in fancy suburbs, aren't they? Those traffic is looking for factories to make/collect deliveries
Theorist
#119 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 6:42 PM
The reporter in my game is tiptoeing each she appears on a community lot. Is there a way to fix it because it's getting old ?
Theorist
#120 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 7:39 PM
If using sim surgery on a sim, does the genetics go by original features or the surgery ones? If original, how do you set the surgery ones to genetic or DNA, however it's referred to? I remember from long ago an option to do something like this, prior to having all EPs. No SimPE info please, I don't use it and don't want to. I have batbox, simblender and simanipulator. Thanks! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Undead Molten Llama
#121 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 7:52 PM
I could be wrong, but my impression has always been that to make changes genetic, as opposed to only "skin deep," you have to use SimPE's "Sim Surgery" function. Everything that you can do in-game, like the plastic surgery station and things that use its coding (Like I think you can do "plastic surgery" via the Insimenator), only produces "skin deep" results, not genetic, heritable changes.

Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
The reporter in my game is tiptoeing each she appears on a community lot. Is there a way to fix it because it's getting old ?
You should have options on both the batbox and Cyjon's pizza box.

Duine: all the tutorials I know to make surgery genetic require SimPE.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 9:42 PM
That reporter is probably a former thief then? Or just a criminally inclined one.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 9:56 PM
In an apartment building, I temporarily made a neighbor Sim selectable because he was blocking up the stairs and wouldn't move. However now the game is a little confused and his wages are being added to the current family's funds. Is there a quick fix to this?
Mad Poster
#125 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 9:58 PM
The family - don't they want the money then?
Page 5 of 1339