Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2276 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:43 PM
Just installed UL.Maybe if I will be in mood,Iwill try it in the evening :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2277 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:00 PM
Whew. I thought you would get after me Matrix.

Only thing
I don't like is they never leave the apartment on their own. I am not always in the mood to group up. I did take them to the movies and the festival.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2278 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:03 PM
At least being a landlord is the better of the systems. ^_^

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#2279 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 5:33 PM
Wtf with apartments?Game spawning to much npc's and two sim add to my active household without permision......
Mad Poster
#2280 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 5:55 PM
Nemiga, that will happen on an Apartment lot. You must have room for your sim and 7 others or the game will add sims to your household and get ready for the next round of roommates for the next day. Can't choose a number unless the lot is residential. I had a duplex in my game and it work if the lot is changed to residential, then you can use roommate services to limit how many can live there.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#2281 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:13 PM
Hmmmm.... am re-thinking the apartment thing with what I'm reading here.. Thanks for all the info, lewisb40 - may have to try this out...
CrimSim Prison anyone? 'Mad As A Box of Frogs' Asylum? I see possibilities for torture.... *evil*

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#2282 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:19 PM
It will make a great asylum challenge. Just have to restrict them from certain areas, the active can control all their needs. Sounds fun.

Scholar
#2283 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:19 PM
Omgf...in my apartments only 4 rooms
Mad Poster
#2284 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Omgf...in my apartments only 4 rooms what to do?

I haven't tried this in my game, but see if you can go to Edit Town and change the lot type to residential. Then use the roommate services on the smartphone, it's under real estate and traveling services. Use it to limit the amount of sims can be a roommate.

When I changed it for my sim duplex, I move them out through edit town. Moved my sim back in with the "freerealestate" cheat. Then used the roommate services to allow one roommate. It was a cheap lot, so the roommate contributed 1.1k simoleons.

I don't like using that function because the sim loses anything in the family inventory.

Test Subject
#2285 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 7:16 PM
Soooo... Carefully positive reviews for the most part, but the apartments are apparently a disaster? I'm still eager to get this EP. I really liked the atmosphere and feel of University, I'm thinking this will be the same. But if the apartment system flat out *doesn't work*, well, that's a shame. :/
Theorist
#2286 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Either I installed my game wrong, which I doubt, or did this pack not include any Build / Buy / Map View / CAS music?

Oh well, I guess they were too busy with their "Apartments"

I haven't checked the music list in the options menu, but I think you're right. I've only heard new music for loading Sims University. Not too surprising as Showtime had no new Build / Buy / Map View / CAS music either. Seems to be an aspect the Salt Lake team isn't consistent with although Supernatural had some.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2287 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:05 PM
I think they patch in new music sometimes. I often here a few new tunes from time to time after the patch gets released.

Test Subject
#2288 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:38 PM Last edited by lovest : 8th Mar 2013 at 10:08 PM.
The decision to tie some of the new items/interactions to social groups aggravates me.
At this moment I'm looking into learning how to mod so my Sims can play with the soccer ball (football) or table tennis without having to gain social group status while using them.
It's more intrusive than Celebrities in my opinion.

EDIT: And now I know why I don't make mods. xD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2289 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:02 PM
I hate them, but I made one.

Now, I have to furnish 8 studio apartments. :I

Instructor
#2290 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:28 PM
^^^ Love 'em. Remind me of the UK.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2291 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:30 PM
Thank you. It was inspired by something in the US.

Mad Poster
#2292 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:44 PM
Really nice Matrix. Sharing?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2293 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:48 PM
If I share it now, it will be 8 small empty rooms. And I don't like the landscaping, which I'm terrible at lol

Mad Poster
#2294 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:40 AM
Give the file to me anyway.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2295 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 9th Mar 2013 at 2:45 AM.
Free Apartments For Everybody!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zi0fz

Just dump it in the library folder in the my document folder. You only need the Base Game, Late Night and University Life. I only furnished one apartment.

Edit: And this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=467348

Mad Poster
#2296 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:55 AM
Hugs Matrix! Will pick it up when I get home.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2297 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:09 AM
Hpefully, I can expect pay by then. If you can pay EA for unfinished work, you can certainly slip me a few pennies.

Lab Assistant
#2298 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I hate them, but I made one.

Now, I have to furnish 8 studio apartments. :I

Those apartments are pretty awesome. As soon as I build my computer and install UL on it, these will be the first on my list.

Also, I re-included this first pic only because I get SERIOUS early TS2 days vibes from it, when you have your house and there's nothing surrounding it. It brought me some nostalgia, actually, so thanks. :lovestruc

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Field Researcher
#2299 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:53 AM
I'm trying to place the dorm that was featured in a walkthrough in my game. I placed a 50 x 50 lot in my University world, flagged it as a dormitory but I can't place the lot. Does anyone know what I should do? Here's the lot the guru uploaded to the Exchange, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6993459.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2300 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 2:25 AM
^I, for some reasons, miss building in an empty vacuum space. That and the world loads fast for building. When I only use the base game, loading is 2 seconds. XD

And dorms are a community lot. You have to change the empty lot to a community lot to place it.

Page 92 of 95