Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 3rd May 2014 at 9:47 PM
I love Bates Motel can't wait till next Monday for the season finale.
I love La Femme Nikita even though the 1st season is older than me, its an excellent series its great re-watching the whole series. I'd highly recommend it along with Bates Motel.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:48 AM
I love Bates, too, although I've gotten out of step with it this season. I missed a few episodes and can't get them now without paying for them, so I'm waiting until the whole season comes up on Netflix. It will be a while, I know....

I've been binge watching Chuck. There are some moments in this series that have me laughing - out loud! Sounds so cliche to say that nowadays.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#153 Old 13th May 2014 at 6:22 AM
Hannibal. This TV show is dark and creepy, but I love it. Just like I loved to watch Dexter. Hannibal like it's substitute
Instructor
#154 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:19 PM
George Clarke Home show, I don't like it, I like Peter André 60 minute makeover much better.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#155 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:03 PM
Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Penny Dreadful and Fargo. Also rewatching The League of Gentlemen.
Theorist
#156 Old 13th May 2014 at 10:15 PM
Ray Donovan. Great show, if you enjoy serial TV shows.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#157 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:11 PM
Game of Thrones, Reign( which I didn't like. Now I love it!), The Vikings and Continuum.
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 11:35 PM
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space 9. I've been watching a lot of Star Trek lately :P
Mad Poster
#159 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 12:48 AM
I gobbled up season 2 of Orange is the New Black and just finished Twisted. If Bates ever updates on Netflix, I'll finish it. I've been following Drop Dead Diva as it comes out online. I still need to finish up Chuck (Oh, that sounds funny: up chuck!), I started watching The Monarch of The Glen just because of the border terriers and I'm getting into it. Every now and again I check out Pitbulls & Paroles (not as bad as it sounds). I watch the occasional Angel and every now and again go back and watch an episode of Buffy. Since the kids just graduated, I felt like watching the graduation episodes.

Field Researcher
#160 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:57 PM

season 3 is near and it looks sick.

over the summer im planning on watching kill la kill and attack on titan - i didn't get a chance to watch those during the year because i have my gcse's to attend to!
Mad Poster
#161 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:51 AM
Those moving images hurt my eyes.

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Also rewatching The League of Gentlemen.

I thought I was the only one! *tears of joy*

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#163 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Those moving images hurt my eyes.

i see you cant handle the swag of Tahno.....
Field Researcher
#164 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix
I thought I was the only one! *tears of joy*

OHMYGOSHAHASDG|ISG

me too :lovestruc i love that show - have you seen inside no.9 - its made by the same people but its not as good...

my favourite sketch was the one with Tubs

...btw i must ask ...ARE YOU LOCAL?...
Mad Poster
#165 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrVintage
i see you cant handle the swag of Tahno.....
If the swag of Tahno is moving images, then no. Certain gifs also hurt my eyes. I can watch other video media, so I'm not sure what it is that causes the problem.

Field Researcher
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
If the swag of Tahno is moving images, then no. Certain gifs also hurt my eyes. I can watch other video media, so I'm not sure what it is that causes the problem.

Tahno is a character from the Legend of Korra. You should go to an optician about this problem (unless you already have done so)
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:16 PM Last edited by simperatrix : 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:24 PM.
OHMYGOSHAHASDG|ISG

me too :lovestruc i love that show - have you seen inside no.9 - its made by the same people but its not as good...

my favourite sketch was the one with Tubs

...btw i must ask ...ARE YOU LOCAL?...

In spirit, yes, but...Nope, not even Swansea. I'm in the US and have not found a way to watch Inside No. 9

I actually considered moving to the UK once just to catch more League and other Brit com stuff in real-time. True story.

Back to other TV shows...Hmm, there isn't one that I'm currently watching for the first time, but I have the box set of Slings and Arrows waiting to be unwrapped and taken on a rewatch marathon

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:

my EA forums page
Mad Poster
#168 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:49 AM
Nope, not even Swansea. I'm in the US and have not found a way to watch Inside No. 9

I actually considered moving to the UK once just to catch more League and other Brit com stuff in real-time. True story.

Back to other TV shows...Hmm, there isn't one that I'm currently watching for the first time, but I have the box set of Slings and Arrows waiting to be unwrapped and taken on a rewatch marathon

What a coincidence - I love Slings and Arrows and also own the boxed set. What a wonderful show it was.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
What a coincidence - I love Slings and Arrows and also own the boxed set. What a wonderful show it was.

You have wonderful taste in TV shows

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#170 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM
In spirit, yes, but...Nope, not even Swansea. I'm in the US and have not found a way to watch Inside No. 9

:

i find it amazing that people 5000miles away have the same interests *sigh* if only i had a teleporter to meet you people!

i might suggest that you watch 'Harry Enfield and chums' and 'The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer' if you can find it but i will warn you Reeves and Mortimer is extreemly looney

self proclaimed queen of gifs
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
i find it amazing that people 5000miles away have the same interests *sigh* if only i had a teleporter to meet you people!

i might suggest that you watch 'Harry Enfield and chums' and 'The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer' if you can find it but i will warn you Reeves and Mortimer is extreemly looney

And the flip side, which is that I find it puzzling that people within one square mile of me have such different interests. Heh, if League ever got together another live performance, I'd do my darndest to get a plane ticket and head over!

Thanks for the recs. I've dipped into Reeves and Mortimer before but always feel like I'm missing some of the requisite background education ( 90s UK life). I do admire their humo[u]r when they're guests on panel shows, etc.

One thing that strikes me about so many of the Brit comedy duos/groups is how it just feels like a bunch of very good (and talented) friends fooling around and having fun--what a stroke of luck that they managed to meet each other, that they made it onto air, and that we in turn got to see their talents.

Another big "genre" I'm binge-ing on now is documentaries. Nature, crime or disaster investigations, political issues...the subject matter isn't as important to me as how well the documentary is made.

ETA: I was also thinking, part of what is especially impressive to me about shows like League of Gentlemen or Slings and Arrows is that they did not overstay their welcome. It was sad that they ended, but it shows integrity that they spent the time covering what needed to be done and then quit when it made sense for the story. For other shows that drag on or had to reshuffle the story because of network decisions or whatever, I just shake my head and think of what could have been.

my EA forums page
Mad Poster
#172 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:47 PM
Tahno is a character from the Legend of Korra. You should go to an optician about this problem (unless you already have done so)
Oh - thanks for the illumination. Actually, I don't believe it's a physical problem, but an age-related brain problem. Now that I'm remembering, it's when I have to read text next to fast moving images that flash. It's not a problem reading subtitles or even the post above, since the images are moving slower. It's when the images jump around a lot or seem to "flash" light, when I'm also trying to digest some text, that I run into an issue. It feels like my eyes hurt. I think it's just too much information at once.

Field Researcher
#173 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:13 PM
Another big "genre" I'm binge-ing on now is documentaries. Nature, crime or disaster investigations, political issues...the subject matter isn't as important to me as how well the documentary is made.

i dont want to offend americans but i always find british documentaries more factual/serious - maybe its the posh accent that gives it an edge i don't quite know why but maybe thats just me

im mean look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

self proclaimed queen of gifs
Alchemist
#174 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:52 AM
I am obsessed with Rookie Blue at the moment I am on the 3rd season and only been watching it for 8 days lol

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Test Subject
#175 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:35 PM
Orange is the New Black. Not only is it both funny and heartbreaking but it's filled with POC characters and lesbians! Two under represented groups represented in one show? Yes please!

I'm looking for someone who does Sim requests! I'm in need of Princess of Tiana and Queen Elsa! Help me out!
Page 7 of 21