Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#176 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:09 AM
I also love Orange is the New Black for how developed each character is. Each one is interesting.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 6:14 AM
I finally gave in to my brother's incessant complaints that I'd never watched Battlestar Galactica, and started it a few days back, and I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be. There's all the usual plot holes and irritating continuity errors that every science fiction show I've ever watched has had, but still, the main story is more interesting. I always enjoy watching a battle that you know the good guys will usually lose, somehow... maybe it's my supervillain streak showing!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 5:05 PM
Check out Firefly sometime. It's science fiction with lots of battle, quirky personalities, and humor. It was created by Joss Whedon, of Buffy and Angel fame.

Mad Poster
#179 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:55 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 6th Jul 2014 at 5:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Check out Firefly sometime. It's science fiction with lots of battle, quirky personalities, and humor. It was created by Joss Whedon, of Buffy and Angel fame.

Is this advice to me? I pity people who haven't seen Firefly already- it's such a fantastic show! (yes, I'm one of "those" fans )

Scholar
#180 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 8:07 AM
I binge watched both seasons of Orange Is The New Black in a couple of weeks and now I feel alone and empty. Great series.

Watching The Leftovers on HBO. Pilot just aired, I think it has a lot of potential. I was a big fan of the book.
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:05 PM
Any home improvement show. Sims4 with their adjustable heights for foundation, walls, windows and easy to move or change rooms. Bliss!
Mad Poster
#182 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:41 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 29th Jul 2014 at 12:20 AM.
I started watching The Strain and got hooked on it immediately. I didn't read the books and normally I'd avoid a show with this plotline, but saw that Guillermo del Toro was directing the first episode, so decided to give it a chance. Many clichés, but I'm looking forward to the third episode.

Also Project Runway is back - my comfort show.
Forum Resident
#183 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Mr_Valentine90 : 31st Jul 2014 at 8:02 PM.
We finished watching Orange is the New Black a couple of weeks ago and now we are watching Ugly Betty, as never watched it when it was originally on.

Soon after that though I will be firing LOST up (again) to go through that awesome journey all over again. LOST is the only show I have ever been "obsessed" with.

Edit: Also missing Game of Thrones. Waiting for Vampire Diaries to come on Netflix. Waiting for Haven and Hawaii Five-0 to start their latest seasons.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM
Default Favorite show of all time?
I think everyone has that one show that just won't compare to others. You can watch it years down the road and still enjoy every bit of it.

Mine is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Hands down.

What's yours?
Test Subject
#185 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:34 AM
Gossip Girl lol
Mad Poster
#186 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:44 AM
You may want to give this thread a look:
What TV show are you watching right now or obsessed with.
Better suited for the media sub-forum!

Test Subject
#187 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:19 AM
I loved Six Feet Under.
Inventor
#188 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:49 AM
Sons of Anarchy, dat Jax tho. :lovestruc

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#189 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:24 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Buffy, in fact when I visited LA last month, I visited Angel's mansion, Buffy's home, and the high school. It was sooo cool and I was the only tourist

Anyway, I also agree with Zarathustra, this thread belongs in the media section and could even be added to the very thread she(?) suggested.

Theorist
#190 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:14 PM
Hate to be cliche, but it has to be Game of Thrones. I don't think there's a single episode that could be described as slow. Every episode is truly exciting and has me on the edge of my seat. I just started the last season, but so far it has managed to draw virtually every possible emotion out of me.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#191 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:54 PM
I still need to see Game of Thrones. If it comes out on DVD, I'll be able to get it at the library. Everything I've heard about it sounds great.

Theorist
#192 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:01 PM
The graphic violence can be a bit tough to watch, but every episode is epic. Just watched the 2nd episode of the last season and WOW!

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:52 AM
I've been watching reruns of Medium. I used to watch the show from time to time and always liked it, but missed so many episodes. It's nice to go through all of them now. I'm still watching Monarch of the Glen, but as I wait for my boyfriend, it's taking much longer.

Scholar
#194 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:24 AM
The Leftovers. (Ha! I just scrolled up and saw a post about watching the Pilot.)

Takes a bit getting into and though it may be presented as a Lost-esque mystery, it's far more apt to describe it as a drama/character study. Very well acted, one of the few shows that can actually make me get all emotional in a way suitable for a man. Season finale will be on in a couple of weeks. Really good show.
Mad Poster
#195 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 10:39 AM
Got back into the Gundam Series of shows that were available in dual audio in America. That's my latest obsession in terms of TV.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#196 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:46 PM
The Strain. I like that new vampire concept. Much better than True Blood and Vampire Diaries fuzzy "vampires"..
Mad Poster
#197 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM
Outlander :lovestruc
Alchemist
#198 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:26 AM
Impractical Jokers - watched 2 seasons in 2 days its so good and funny

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#199 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:59 AM
Wentworth and Devil's Playground
I've also been watching the reality show, The Recruit

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Theorist
#200 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
The Tudors. It's a really good serial TV series about King Henry VIII.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 8 of 21