Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#226 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 3:13 AM
Yet another question from me:

Though I am not a designer, I can grasp for the most part how each piece of CC functions. Except contacts. How, exactly, do they fit onto the eyes? Are they masks that cover the entire surface of the eye, the white and all? Or has someone managed to stick them onto only the iris/pupil part? Further, do they move along with the eye?

I ask because the one thing I love about TS3 eyes is their movement and expression.
If the contacts are simply stationary masks that sit over the actual eye and never change, then as lovely as they may be, I probably will not download them.
If they still allow for a broad range of expression and motion, then I might just consider putting sprinkles on my vanilla game.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 1:21 PM
Are Super green thumb and extra creative worth getting of the sim dosen't have the corresponding traits?
Mad Poster
#228 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anthoric
Are Super green thumb and extra creative worth getting of the sim dosen't have the corresponding traits?

You get the bonuses from these regardless of whether you have the corresponding traits, yes.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#229 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Yet another question from me:

Though I am not a designer, I can grasp for the most part how each piece of CC functions. Except contacts. How, exactly, do they fit onto the eyes? Are they masks that cover the entire surface of the eye, the white and all? Or has someone managed to stick them onto only the iris/pupil part? Further, do they move along with the eye?

I ask because the one thing I love about TS3 eyes is their movement and expression.
If the contacts are simply stationary masks that sit over the actual eye and never change, then as lovely as they may be, I probably will not download them.
If they still allow for a broad range of expression and motion, then I might just consider putting sprinkles on my vanilla game.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

'Contact lenses' in The Sims are actually the same thing as 'eyes' - they're a non-default-replacement eye and are made the same way, by putting an 'eye' texture on a certain specific part of the face overlay. They look and behave exactly the same as 'eyes' - you can't tell the difference when looking at a sim wearing them.

The only difference is that 'contacts' can be changed whenever you like, and they are not genetic/inheritable - if your sim wears contacts and you want their kids to have the same eyes, you have to wait for them to get old enough to look in a mirror.
Forum Resident
#230 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
'Contact lenses' in The Sims are actually the same thing as 'eyes' - they're a non-default-replacement eye and are made the same way, by putting an 'eye' texture on a certain specific part of the face overlay. They look and behave exactly the same as 'eyes' - you can't tell the difference when looking at a sim wearing them.

The only difference is that 'contacts' can be changed whenever you like, and they are not genetic/inheritable - if your sim wears contacts and you want their kids to have the same eyes, you have to wait for them to get old enough to look in a mirror.

Wow, really? Huh, well why call them contacts? I guess because of the whole not-genetic thing. But I was really hoping to hear that the eyes would behave like, well, eyes. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
You get the bonuses from these regardless of whether you have the corresponding traits, yes.

Interesting, because they don't seem to do squat for me. Super green thumb won't allow me to revive and talk to plants. Dunno bout extra creative.
Mad Poster
#232 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anthoric
Interesting, because they don't seem to do squat for me. Super green thumb won't allow me to revive and talk to plants. Dunno bout extra creative.

Super green thumb is not the same as the trait. It doesn't give you the exact same things as the trait does; you don't get the ability to revive or talk to plants. IIRC the quality of your produce is increased by one notch, or something along these lines, when you acquire this Super Green Thumb reward.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Super green thumb is not the same as the trait. It doesn't give you the exact same things as the trait does; you don't get the ability to revive or talk to plants. IIRC the quality of your produce is increased by one notch, or something along these lines, when you acquire this Super Green Thumb reward.

Thank you good sir, i will go fix the Wiki, because that's where I got the information and it's wrong.
Field Researcher
#234 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:07 AM
Can sims autonomously fight/become enemies and cheat on each other? Or is that something that I have to initiate manually, so to speak?
Instructor
#235 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:15 AM
I don't know if your active household sims will initiate these, but I promise, another sim will initiate all of these with your sim. I have had fights, enemies and cheating occur that I had nothing to do with.

I was paying attention to another member of a household when all of a sudden I heard the ominous music and my married couple were not so happy anymore. The wife had accepted a kiss from her father-in-law ghost. The two had never even flirted or anything. I also have an evil insane sim that has acquired enemies from who knows where.
Field Researcher
#236 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 12:15 PM
o.O Wow! That's very cool, I'll be sure to look out for "accidents" like that. I tend to control my sims constantly, so they never get any opportunities to slip up.
Alchemist
#237 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quick question: How do you uninstall CC that you've had to install via the launcher? Things from the TS3 Store and things from TSR which are in Sims3Packs, or whatever that file type is?
Top Secret Researcher
#238 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Quick question: How do you uninstall CC that you've had to install via the launcher? Things from the TS3 Store and things from TSR which are in Sims3Packs, or whatever that file type is?

If they are installed via the launcher you should be able to find their file in the launcher, tick the box and select uninstall.
Alchemist
#239 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
If they are installed via the launcher you should be able to find their file in the launcher, tick the box and select uninstall.

Oh! Duh! Thanks. I didn't think the launcher's list of installed content was complete or had any real significance. It seems like a pretty short list for the amount of items I've had to install that way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#240 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 8:40 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance but...
1. what happens to people you use the kick out option on? I thought they will move to any suitable lot, but I can't seem to locate my girl any more.

2. Mooching. When exactly do you get the mooch for money option? I have one girl, who as a teen was always able to mooch for food, and for money (once to a stranger) but always to her family that did not live in the house. But now I have not seen the money mooching option since she grew to YA.
Top Secret Researcher
#241 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Forgive me for my ignorance but...
1. what happens to people you use the kick out option on? I thought they will move to any suitable lot, but I can't seem to locate my girl any more.

Kick Out sims go to the homeless bin.

EA Story Progression will then move them into an empty home when it gets around to it... Usually on its next cycle, which normally runs at 1:00 am.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#242 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 8:55 PM
Two questions.

#1: Is there someplace that lists ALL known compatibilities and incompatibilities with the game patches? I haven't patched since 1.2.7 and want to run Awesomemod, but am told I need to patch. What else is that going to kill?

#2: I just installed a crapton of CC that I had downloaded over the course of about a month, and there are 10-15 items that are showing as invisible clothing. Like, I put it on my sim and the sim no longer has a torso, or no longer has legs, or both. Is there any way to figure out what the file is that is doing that, short of removing CC one bit at a time?
Instructor
#243 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 9:43 PM
My questions are, is there a reason my sim suddenly received 100,000 simoleans? It just appeared in my sims funds with the symbol floating of +100,000 but I have no idea why.

Also, how many sim days are the sims pregnant? I would have though that it would still be 3 as in Sims 2, but it seems that they no sooner show symptoms that they are huge and soon after have the baby.
Top Secret Researcher
#244 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
Also, how many sim days are the sims pregnant? I would have though that it would still be 3 as in Sims 2, but it seems that they no sooner show symptoms that they are huge and soon after have the baby.

By default, sims are pregnant for 72 sim-hours... So yes, three days.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Instructor
#245 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 11:37 PM
That's what I figured, but since there's no obvious stage change, I wasn't sure. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#246 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
My questions are, is there a reason my sim suddenly received 100,000 simoleans? It just appeared in my sims funds with the symbol floating of +100,000 but I have no idea why.

Lots of people have had a similar problem, one theory is it's a bug related to royalties received from writing a book.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#247 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Kick Out sims go to the homeless bin.

EA Story Progression will then move them into an empty home when it gets around to it... Usually on its next cycle, which normally runs at 1:00 am.

Cheers.

oh, thanks for the info. I don't have story progression on, so either I do a heavy update and turn it on for just a short time, or, let her be in the limbo untill somebody asks her to move on.
Field Researcher
#248 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 7:53 AM
Why do my sims move into empty lots?

I just had two kids aging up to YA so I kicked them out (one at a time). But I couldn't find them in my neighborhood OR in the family bin, so I called one of them over and then followed her car when she went back home. Her "home" was one of the empty lots... Is this supposed to happen? I thought sims could only live in houses with proper appliances and stuff.
Alchemist
#249 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 1:12 PM
When you kick them out, don't you get an option of kicking them out into a house, or into an empty lot? Maybe they can't afford any of the houses in the town.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#250 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
When you kick them out, don't you get an option of kicking them out into a house, or into an empty lot? Maybe they can't afford any of the houses in the town.

When you use the kick out option, they just run off to the distance.
Page 10 of 385