Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#126 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:26 AM
The single most aggrevating thing for me in the Sims 3 are the pathing issues. There are so many examples where this goes completely wrong. Picking up toddlers, doing anything with another sim , sitting to eat something, etc. That it takes somewhat longer sometimes I can deal with. But that it cancels the action a lot of the times while there is clearly space enough for them to complete the action, is very annoying.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:30 AM
You know what's worse since my last post? That I installed WA/Ambitions/Generations and introduced a hell alot of glitches then when I had Sims 3/Late Night installed, where I had hardly any trouble at all. Soon as I installed the other three like months later, bam and bam! Freezing sims, missing UI's and blank green icons making my NH's completely unplayable destroying aleast four families in each hood that I grew to love. And even thought unlike Sims 2 they can be saved and reused.. It's not the same thing playing them the second time.

I mean Sims 2 had it's problems as well, but Sims 3 is just worse. Especially now I have more expansions installed. WA right now while is a favorite expansion, is the worst one of them all since for me it's the cause of missing UI''s and blank green icons.

And once again why can't they just keep some of the basic interactions like hangouts (And I mean anywhere, not on the swings, And the adults can't even hangout on the playground, much like YA WTF, I imagine YA's like my age, twenty three, and let me tell you I am sure people my age hangs out in all sorts of areas). I liked how they could hangout and actually talk, or sit on a chair and actually talk. Although I don't think I have payed more attention to their facial expressions in this one lately but I can see what you mean.

And the children! Wow like someone said the toddlers are kinda creepy in a way, especially in the CAS the way they are shifting their eyes to you and then to somewhere else. And how about how it's always the toddler that is telling Sims to behave. Uh okay go ahead and tell a adult Sim with the Disciplined Trait who is cooking or trying to help your household to behave while you are crying and being a spoiled brat, yeah I don't think you have a right.

Aleast in Sims 2 the toddlers and children were cuter then Sims 3, their hairstyles looked nice (I just don't really like many of the hairstyles on the children, even the long hair one looks odd). Maybe it's because of the CC eyes, and skintones and hair I have. But even when they had the normal skin color or eyes or hair, they still looked cuter then Sims 3.

I might keep playing Sims 3, well depends on how much the game stopping breaking bugs gets on my nerves and another family is shot to hell, but there is no way EA can convince me to play The Sims 4 if it ever comes out, forget it unless they actually improve everything, fixes most of the bugs they can with patches and combine Sims 2 and 3 together with the features we love then it's going to be very hard to do so. But far as I can see in Sims 3, they hardly care about the players anymore.
Theorist
#128 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:45 AM
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I resent the fact that since I installed Generations EP I can no longer run the game without the disc and an internet connection.
Test Subject
#129 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Things I like least about TS3:

Rabbit Holes. Rabbit Holes. And did I mention Rabbit Holes?

Oh, yeah. Rabbit Holes.

I really don't get having to sit outside a venue while my sim is doing stuff that I can't see inside. It's just... boring.

Interactions we used to have in TS2 that we don't have now. Like the waiter tripping and dropping food all over your sim. Oh, yeah... we can't have that since we can't see inside the restaurants. Because they're RABBIT HOLES!!!!!

The romantic interactions we don't have anymore. Slow dancing, with hands drifting downward into inappropriate places...

The Smustle. Dude... I can't believe I miss the Smustle. Especially when sims were awkwardly learning it. It would've been funnier if some sims never quite picked it up, even after a lifetime of trying. Or they'd get mad when everyone else could and would do it...

Actually watching sims climb into and out of cars. Can you believe EA neglected something this basic?

No stages for build mode.

The lack of stuff to do with babies and toddlers. Heck, I miss babies looking like babies, with actual arms and legs and stuff. I actually loved having toddlers in TS2... now, not so much.

I can't echo this enough. I was disappointed with work being a rabbit hole as well since I was looking forward to work place hijinks t_
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:39 AM
Right now it's the bugs. There are so many of them. I may hang up Sims 3 soon because of them. I've already decided to stop buying more stuff packs and expansion packs. In fact, I may reinstall with only the base game and WA, and not patch.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#131 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I resent the fact that since I installed Generations EP I can no longer run the game without the disc and an internet connection.

Seriously?

I'm patched to date so I have a lot of the new features but I haven't bought Generations yet and not sure that I will since I hate that the treehosue is an RH (WTF!?) and I find the doll creepy.

But do you really need to be online to play it? Is that requirement even possible? If so, I wonder if that is a feature Awesome Mod can stomp out like it did the "sharing" (aka EA spying).

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Forum Resident
#132 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:15 AM
No you do not need to be online to play it. All you need is the internet for the patches and to install the game (I think first time and all Expansions), Trust me my internet has been crappy lately and stopped working for no reason, and since you need the connection to play GTA IV, and I can't play that, I can still play Sims 3 even with Gen.
Inventor
#133 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
The single most aggrevating thing for me in the Sims 3 are the pathing issues. There are so many examples where this goes completely wrong. Picking up toddlers, doing anything with another sim , sitting to eat something, etc. That it takes somewhat longer sometimes I can deal with. But that it cancels the action a lot of the times while there is clearly space enough for them to complete the action, is very annoying.

This. I currently have a sim couple in a studio apartment (that is still spacious despite my MUSTFILLEVERYSPACE-gasm) and anytime I have them attempt to play the guitar or bass, they leave the apartment in order to do so. I even made extra space in the living room to ensure that they had enough of a wiggle area and lo and behold, they still leave the apartment. *headdesk*

"Goonies never say die."
dodgy builder
#134 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:33 AM
I have sometimes build my houses without a connection, so I know that's possible. I do need to have the disc in though. If it's a downloaded game you might need a net to run it? Haven't been running it without a connection after I installed generations though, but I can't see why that's gonna do things difference.

Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Right now it's the bugs. There are so many of them. I may hang up Sims 3 soon because of them. I've already decided to stop buying more stuff packs and expansion packs. In fact, I may reinstall with only the base game and WA, and not patch.

Have you tried to run the game without ANY CC? Because that's usually the source of bugs.

Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
1. The fact that there is nothing cool to do at a beach. Literally nothing. There is nothing you can do at a beach that you can't do at a park.

Oh yea! I wanna swim, swim, swim!

I also miss winter with the freezing cold, the white ground, annoying leaves I have pick up, falling snow, making snowman's. I want some weather in this game.
Test Subject
#135 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:08 PM
....I miss Mrs Crumplebottom. >_> Remember when NPC's were quirky? I loved that. I freaking looooooooved Mrs Crumplebottm, she was hilarious. The cheerleaders, not so much.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:16 PM
The game is missing so many little elements. It's lifeless.
I mean why isn't there any sweets in the game? Candy, chocolate... even a single ice-cream truck would be cool.
If they've had hobbies included in Ambitions now with Generations they've could added knitting and with that elder sims could make stuff for their grandchildren. It would fit perfectly in the game.
Why can't sims just "take a walk" especially with their romantic interest? Or just sit in the grass?
And of course swimming... and more interactions in water.

Oh and... the jobs are pretty useless. If my sim is the Evil Overlord why can't she control thing around town? The worst thing she can do is stealing candy...

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Inventor
#137 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
The game is missing so many little elements. It's lifeless.
I mean why isn't there any sweets in the game? Candy, chocolate... even a single ice-cream truck would be cool.
If they've had hobbies included in Ambitions now with Generations they've could added knitting and with that elder sims could make stuff for their grandchildren. It would fit perfectly in the game.
Why can't sims just "take a walk" especially with their romantic interest? Or just sit in the grass?
And of course swimming... and more interactions in water.

I miss some of the relationship interactions from TS2. If my memory serves (and I could be wrong since it has been ages since I played TS2), but at weddings you could have toasts and dates included slow-dancing (or were those mods?). Also, children being able to play instruments... I miss the violin. (or were those mods too?) My memory is horrid!

"Goonies never say die."
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae

:O I knit and I'm not a grandpa! I don't even know anyone over the age of 40 who knits! But, regardless, this would make my life! Now I want my sims to be able to knit. Sigh.
Forum Resident
#139 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:51 PM
I'm sure this has already been said, but I wish we could delete custom content in the game itself. I know it's a minor thing, but it gets a little frustrating trying to search through the clothing downloads when I have bad CC and then having to merge all the clothing packages together again. It would be nice to have an option to delete custom content in game to make things a little easier.
Top Secret Researcher
#140 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:02 PM
What I hate most of sims 3 is that EA put all passion to make sims 1 and 2 in away that it would make people love it but then with sims 3 they knew that people buy it no matter if they make it lack lot of things. I bet their motto now is: "Why to try put all effort to it when it'll bring the same money anyway! "
If only they could get into the mode of "make it totally awesome and not just think of money." with the sims 4 -- I wonder if that is hoping for impossibilities
Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you tried to run the game without ANY CC? Because that's usually the source of bugs.

I'm running very CC-lite. When I played Sims 2 my game was heavily loaded with CC, especially mods; it really slowed down my game and when I came back after taking a long Sims-break, I found that most of my mods were out-of-date and I did not want to deal with trying to track down replacements, especially since so many of the modders seemed to have either left simming behind or had move on to Sims 3.

So, when I started playing Sims 3, I decided to avoid mods as much as possible. I don't have any core mods or script mods. The only CC I'm using are a few build items that I got here on MTS because there were some houses I really like that need them; I have a few of Fresh Prince's cars, because they're cool; I have a few CAS CC items (some body hair and hair styles) and a very few clothing items.

I can try running with CC disabled, but I can't imagine any of those eliminating the ability to change the music on a community lot.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#142 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:16 PM
The thing I like least about TS3 is that any fambly type actions are blocky and set actions.. well, actually just in general, the spontaneity is a little lacking. Yeah you get sims randomly tripping over something, doing mental arithmetic or screaming wildly, but all of those kind of actions are repetitive. I wish that some of the autonomous (and uncontrollable) actions could be between two different sims, like neat sims taking a strand of hair off their spouses/childrens/friends clothes, for example. 'Cause yo can get a group of them standing around idly, waiting.. Actually, routing is pretty bad, I go with that

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:59 PM
i miss the magic lamp, i remember it well in the sims 1 i think it was in the sims 2, rub the lamp and you got a wish from the genie. I remember getting a flooded or house fire if you got the booby prize
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:44 PM
I miss the couch interactions, oddly enough, lounging and watching tv while lounging. I miss the frisky and borderline innapropriate make-out interaction. I miss the "serve meal" thing where the sim would cook and then distribute servings of the food on the table and it would automatically call people for the meal and they'd sit at their places and even "wait for food".

I miss the various socializations between sims. In Sims 2, if you ahd two sims reading books they'd talk to each other, they'd talk if, say, one was reading a book and the other was just sitting there. They had many more table animations, like hold hand, steal food. I kinda wish sims in the same area would talk to each other, even while they're doing something else.

And then there's the routing. Going outside to play when the living room has plenty of room? WTH.

And my biggest complaint is that Maxis is gone from the Sims. I miss Will and his quirky humor.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:24 PM
that pets is coming
Forum Resident
#146 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:54 AM
Giga- Nope that was all Sims 2.

Something else I miss, the Elf ears. You know how there was that face with the ears and even face that made your sim look like Elves. I missed making such Sims occasionally (Tibera or whatever the name was Summerbottom from Veronaville was a hot elf really). I don't think they have those Elves in Sims 3 do they?
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Giga- Nope that was all Sims 2.

Something else I miss, the Elf ears. You know how there was that face with the ears and even face that made your sim look like Elves. I missed making such Sims occasionally (Tibera or whatever the name was Summerbottom from Veronaville was a hot elf really). I don't think they have those Elves in Sims 3 do they?

No, but there are ear slider hacks here that will allow you to give pointy ears. Like this one. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=374167 These are the ears I use.
Screenshots
Instructor
#148 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:46 AM
1. The Rabbitholes - I don't want to watch a building, I want to watch my SIMS.

2. The Lighting - It makes everything look false, too bright, inaccurate colors, Sims look as if they've been punched and have bruises when wearing makeup. The Sims does not look like what you made in CAS once in game.

3. Moodlets - I do not want to be told what my Sim is feeling, I want to SEE it SIMULATED.

4. Traits - Again, superb if the Sim actually acted and developed according their traits, but I see little effect on the Sim, just a temporary moodlet or repetitive animation.

5. No car animations - this is just laziness.

6. The plastic look of their clothes. Honestly, the "fabric" looks like it is made from garbage bags.

7. Horrible babies.

8. Limited repetitive interactions.

9. Eyes that look like marbles rolling about in their heads.

10. That terrible hip-cocked idle they do when standing around. UGH.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

#149 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
6. The plastic look of their clothes. Honestly, the "fabric" looks like it is made from garbage bags.

Word!
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:56 AM
laundry, i hate the laundry thing, when they go to bed, get into work clothes or get out the shower. just when i have finished a wash and dry cycle the basket is full again.
Page 6 of 19